Tahoe OG 250 watt HPS

• Thread starter OGlover1224
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OGlover1224

OGlover1224

they definitely don't look bad, a little hungry, but not bad at all. the thing now for you to do is figure out what is it that she needs. as of now, i would hit her with a medium dosage of nutes and monitor her progress from there.
if that solution you feed her is too strong she is going to tell you, how would you know? it's simple, if the runoff is too high and the ph drops, it means the feeding was too strong. if you feed her and the ppms and ph are where you want them to be, she took the feeding well. if you feed her and the ppms are low and the ph is high, you underfed her.

That sounds pretty logical. I just fed them with 2ml calmag 3ml bio bloom. Leaves were looking good for a day or 2 then the top growth started to droop again. The ph of the water with nutes was probably 6.8-7 and maybe 6.6-6.8? Hard to tell but def a shade lighter than going in. Not sure what's causing the droooping leaves.its only the leaves towards the top of the plants drooping. It's not ph, and don't think it's over water because all the leaves perked back up pretty nice for awhile.

Here are some pics of the rusty colored spots on 2 leaves on Tahoe 1

OGlover1224

OGlover1224

Here they are at 1 week flower. Plan on feeding them with 5ml bio bloom (1-2-2), 4ml of calmag plus, and 2 ml of koolbloom liquid(0-10-10)

Tahoe 1
1top
1side

1close

Tahoe 2

2top
2side
2close

catdaddy

catdaddy

looks like they're snapping back. if i am not mistaken, this x can be a little finicky with the feeding, so you might have to pay extra attention to her through out the whole flowering process.

OGlover1224

OGlover1224

looks like they're snapping back. if i am not mistaken, this x can be a little finicky with the feeding, so you might have to pay extra attention to her through out the whole flowering process.
No doubt about them being finicky, heck I didn't even measure nutes my last grow with the northern light x belladonna I just poured a tsp of this and that and in flower she was happy as could be. But yeah they are def back, not perfect but still healthy IMO. I think it was overwater. Starting to get a few light green leaves towards the bottom on the plant so I'm gonna hit her with 4ml bio bloom, 3ml calmag, 1ml pro grow and possibly 2 ml kool bloom liquid which I believe puts me around 380 ppm (factoring in tap water) compared to my 280 ppm feeding last time.

OGlover1224

OGlover1224

Day 10 flower

Just fed with what I posted above^
As you can see in the pics Tahoe 2 looks like she was hungry, ph is fine so good to see I can up the feed on her. I used a slightly diluted ratio on #1 as she doesn't seem to be as hungry. No real smell on either of them yet.

I'm thinking I have 1 of 2 situations here.in thinking either Tahoe 1 is SFV leaning being that she is more stoudt and sturdy and Tahoe 2 is much more stretchy with thinner leaves than Tahoe 1. Or Tahoe 2 is SFV leaning and Tahoe 1 is an afghani leaning SFV. I may be wrong in the afghani but I thought heard of people getting them out of some fem tahoes.

Here are some pics

OGlover1224

OGlover1224

Day 17 Flower

Ive come to the conclusion that these girls were a combination of overwatered and underfed. I fed them 3ml of pure blend pro grow, 7ml of bio bloom, 3ml calmag plus, 2ml liquid koolbloom, and 10ml of organic blackstrap molasses. I fed tahoe 1 a slightly diluted version of this.

Tahoe 1
Definitely more sturdy and a lighter feeder than tahoe 2
Less frost than tahoe 2 at this point but the main cola on this girl should be fatter than anything on tahoe 2.

T2a
T2b
T2c

Tahoe 2
skinnier branches
heavier feeder
looks to be developing smaller buds than tahoe 1 so far but is certainly packing more frost and more smell so far.
im getting a mixture of danky, candy, menthol vicks vapor rub smells from this girl

T1a
T1b
T1c
T1d

Should be interesting to see how they develop and respond to the feeding!

catdaddy

catdaddy

looking like they've made a nice comeback. just notice how nice they were trained, good job so far.

OGlover1224

OGlover1224

Thanks cat daddy. Couple things I'm confused about... As you can see Tahoe 2 has some pretty light green leaves starting from the bottom and working its way up aside from sugar leaves and yet I'm getting slight nitro claw on some of the smaller lower leaves coming from the secondary growth down there. So I'm guessing the other leaves aren't light green from lack of nitro then?

Also I'm getting some reddish brown coloring on some of the fan leaves as well as a pinkish red on the underside of the affected leaves. I also have purple petioles all on Tahoe 2.

I will upload pics a little later to show you guys. I'm thinking either K or P def and I will not use molasses next feed to try to get a correct reading on run off ph.

Last feed was only around 400 ppm including tap water so could still be underfed will probably shoot for about 480 next feed

catdaddy

catdaddy

really don't see any nitro claw, but they definitely look hungry.

OGlover1224

OGlover1224

really don't see any nitro claw, but they definitely look hungry.
The claw developed after these pics were taken and is only on small leaves toward bottom of Tahoe 2 on secondary shoots but overall leaf color didn't seem to change

catdaddy

catdaddy

looks like it's back on track. she's looking like she has a lot of potential too.

OGlover1224

OGlover1224

Yeah tahoe 1, which is the lighter feeder, is looking pretty damn healthy so hopefully a higher dose of nutes and a PH check for tahoe 2 will put her on the same track as #1. will take pics of tahoe 2 when i water in a day or 2

OGlover1224

OGlover1224

Flower day 24/ 3.5 weeks

Here is some pics of both girls maybe someone will be able to see something I don't. Notice the yellowing/light green and the reddish color developing on some of the leaves on Tahoe 2, the taller plant. Also notice the "nitro looking claw" on some of the smaller leaves on the bottom of the plant on Tahoe 2

catdaddy

catdaddy

besides looking hungry, they're fine. it does look as if you medium has become water logged, and if so, i suggest adding some extra fans in there to help them dry out a little faster.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Stop thinking your problems are nutrients first. You stated earlier in the thread that your temps got down to 50 at night and then back up to 70 something in the day. This swing is far too drastic, a change of 10 to 15 degrees is all that you should see. The extra cold nights may be causing plenty of these issues. Also is your light still 7 inches from the top of the canopy? If so raise it a bit. While the temps at that distance may be ok, the light still may be far to intense on the plants leaves.

Also do you have any form of ventilation or even air movement? Just simply moving the air from point A to point B can make a huge difference in your plants health. If you have no fresh air coming into the system they are lacking both CO2 and oxygen and are basically suffocating slowly.

Your buds are filling in well, but I would cut the Koolbloom from your feed. I have seen that formation of super tight and leafy buds with leaves that droop down, it came from phosphorus overdose. I used Bushmaster in a dose that was just too much, I only gave one dose, and for the rest of my grow I had severely clawed leaves and overly tight bud formation.

Also if you are still using tap water I would cut the CalMag addition. There is usually plenty of calcium in tap water, and your adding more, especially when considered in ratio to your N-P-K levels, may be doing more harm than good. One of the toughest issues to diagnose is calcium and magnesium overdose or under feeding; they look very similar to one another. And as for your water, since you only have two plants go buy distilled water from the store. A 1 gallon jug is usually about $1.50, and for your two plants should be sufficient for a while and not an expense that will break your bank. Plus it will make a difference in your plants health and final product. The issue with tap water goes much, much further than chlorine levels. Depending on where you live, chloramine, fluoride and other chemicals and minerals are added to the water, and letting the water sit for 24 to 48 hours will not remove these from the water. So use distilled water or suck it up and find the money to purchase a proper RO unit.

Honestly it sounds like there are lots of differences between this grow and your last. I usually recommend to people to only change one factor at a time; this way it is much easier to discern which change caused what issue. And having the correct tools and instruments will make checking all of this easier (loose the drops, get a proper pH pen and invest in a PPM pen as well).

All in all it looks like you will have a bit of good bud to smoke when you are done, but it probably won't be as much as you were hoping for. This is a learning experience more than anything and hopefully you will apply these lessons to your next grow. But more importantly than any of that, have you enjoyed the process of growing these plants? If the answer is 'yes', you are well on your way to success.

OGlover1224

OGlover1224

Stop thinking your problems are nutrients first. You stated earlier in the thread that your temps got down to 50 at night and then back up to 70 something in the day. This swing is far too drastic, a change of 10 to 15 degrees is all that you should see. The extra cold nights may be causing plenty of these issues. Also is your light still 7 inches from the top of the canopy? If so raise it a bit. While the temps at that distance may be ok, the light still may be far to intense on the plants leaves.

Also do you have any form of ventilation or even air movement? Just simply moving the air from point A to point B can make a huge difference in your plants health. If you have no fresh air coming into the system they are lacking both CO2 and oxygen and are basically suffocating slowly.

Your buds are filling in well, but I would cut the Koolbloom from your feed. I have seen that formation of super tight and leafy buds with leaves that droop down, it came from phosphorus overdose. I used Bushmaster in a dose that was just too much, I only gave one dose, and for the rest of my grow I had severely clawed leaves and overly tight bud formation.

Also if you are still using tap water I would cut the CalMag addition. There is usually plenty of calcium in tap water, and your adding more, especially when considered in ratio to your N-P-K levels, may be doing more harm than good. One of the toughest issues to diagnose is calcium and magnesium overdose or under feeding; they look very similar to one another. And as for your water, since you only have two plants go buy distilled water from the store. A 1 gallon jug is usually about $1.50, and for your two plants should be sufficient for a while and not an expense that will break your bank. Plus it will make a difference in your plants health and final product. The issue with tap water goes much, much further than chlorine levels. Depending on where you live, chloramine, fluoride and other chemicals and minerals are added to the water, and letting the water sit for 24 to 48 hours will not remove these from the water. So use distilled water or suck it up and find the money to purchase a proper RO unit.

Honestly it sounds like there are lots of differences between this grow and your last. I usually recommend to people to only change one factor at a time; this way it is much easier to discern which change caused what issue. And having the correct tools and instruments will make checking all of this easier (loose the drops, get a proper pH pen and invest in a PPM pen as well).

All in all it looks like you will have a bit of good bud to smoke when you are done, but it probably won't be as much as you were hoping for. This is a learning experience more than anything and hopefully you will apply these lessons to your next grow. But more importantly than any of that, have you enjoyed the process of growing these plants? If the answer is 'yes', you are well on your way to success.

The temps at night for the past 2-3 weeks have been around 60 and daytime around 75. I have read that a 250 watt how can be put up to 4" from the canopy, and I still am around 7" from the canopy but I suppose I could raise it a bit. I have a fan blowing across the canopy, gets the girls dancing a bit and its in a closet that isn't closed for more than 2 hours at a time, it's open most of the time.

Never thought the koolbloom could be doing that, but that's why I'm a noob grower lol. Tahoe 1 is healthy and I've been feeding her only slightly less than Tahoe 2. I'm talking I fed #2 7ml bloom 3ml ca mag 2 KB per gallon and Tahoe 1 i fed 6.75 bloom 3ml ca mag 1.5KB per gallon, that's what making me lean towards a deficiency but maybe it's possible that #1 is actually the heavier feeder.

As far as the ca mag, I fed just as much if not more in flower last grow and had no problems and I've read that OGs are ca mag whores so that's why I'm not positive that I'm feeding too much of that.

I usually let the water set out for about a week but buying distiller certainly wouldn't break my bank.

I don't mean to undermind anything you are saying as I'm sure you have much more experience than me, I'm just trying to explain everything in my situation as best I can to try and find out what is wrong. I'm just trying to get the plants to be as happy and healthy as possible

OGlover1224

OGlover1224

besides looking hungry, they're fine. it does look as if you medium has become water logged, and if so, i suggest adding some extra fans in there to help them dry out a little faster.

It takes about 8 days for my soil to dry out so adding an extra fan to help them dry out faster would help me I suppose

Thanks for all the help and advice catdaddy

catdaddy

catdaddy

It takes about 8 days for my soil to dry out so adding an extra fan to help them dry out faster would help me I suppose

Thanks for all the help and advice catdaddy
damn, 8 days? it should be more 2-4 days the most. that's a big issue if that's the case.
once you get that issue cleared up, you're going to have some very nice looking plants from here on out. as Smoking stated, the buds really do look good. the only thing you're going to fall short on is total weight due to the fact of the overall health of the plant.

and glad others and i can assist you, it wouldn't be the community that we've come to love if we didn't.

Latest posts

Top Bottom