Tail separated from Seed head - is it toast?

• Thread starter Budclarkson
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Budclarkson

Looks fine.
The gorilla is it a auto
Just running one myself atm from sensi fat seeds
The Gorilla is an auto.

Well we got some “data” today. We got a zoo..err a scraggly stem.

0B3BACA7 BEBE 4887 823D 163C04551D47

A couple of the other Normie seedlings coming up. Looks like the PT didn’t kill ‘em :D

51B9F7FF 87C7 4FF8 AF3C 7422FEC91817

5F9A169F 3AC7 49F0 BA71 2C3BFEAC86B8

B

Budclarkson

So what say you all, can life find a way to grow into a Gorilla Auto or will she just fizzle out? Cast your votes.

Looks to be missing the two initial “sucker” leaves, (forgot the botanical term).

From ILGM:
The first two leaves, completely unique from any future leaves that will grow, pop out of the middle of the seed’s split. These leaves are called sucker leaves and mark the beginning of more leaf growth.

Two-lobed leaves will then grow from the middle of the sucker leaves. These two-lobed leaves usually resemble chicken feet, since they have three lobes. After the three-lobed leaves come two leaves with five lobes, and then two more with seven. Seven-lobed leaves are the ones everyone recognizes as the marijuana leaves.

https://www.ilovegrowinginvalid.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/two-lobed-leaves-and-sucker-leaves.jpg.webpTwo lobed leaves growing from the middle of the sucker leaves
Two lobed leaves will then grow from the middle of the sucker leaves. These two-lobed leaves usually resemble chicken feet, since they have three lobes. After the three-lobed leaves come two leaves with five lobes, and then two more with seven. Seven-lobed leaves are the ones everyone recognizes as the marijuana leaves.

Glassdub

Glassdub

No head, its dead, I looked at my healthiest seedling sideways recently and it snapped at the stem, attempted to tape up in futility, it lasted a week, I cut my losses... 🤷‍♂️

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
Exactly, I have also made the mistake of planting too close to surface, helmet didn't rub off in soil & also got too leggy above before forming a root base below, killed whole batches of seedings, embarrassingly not long ago this way. I don't think a full half inch in a pod is necessary if sprouted beforehand but a little below the top of soil.
Usually if the seed stays stuck on, its from low humidity ✌

S

SamSquatch

Gaaaahhh! The seed head dropped off the end of the tail when planting in the usual small pencil head pit in soil. Covered and watered anyway. Tail was about 0.7” long. Will it sprout or will it surely die off?

Any remediation?
In this post legalization world seeds aren't as precious as they used to be. Soak another one and if they both grow, plant them together
You will have a super bush.

B

Budclarkson

Yeah bud that top one
Is there any leaf’s on it if not it’s gonna die. Even if it has its not in your favour its gonna make it

Here’s one that made it. Only one seed left so will let it play out longer. I think I’ll get something out of it. Not a Super Bush but probably a Dwarf Bush (my apologies to the little people).

https://www.invalid.com/t/no-cotyledons-when-seedling-sprouted.1003802/

B

Budclarkson

Saw pro claims that perlite has Cal and Mag recommended for seedlings. So applied a little perlite dust around the gorilla stem.

Also sprinkled a small bit of worm castings and guano and see if the root can uptake some nutrients to grow some leafs.

If no action I’m cutting and splitting the top to get more light exposure.

Sunasun

Sunasun

Saw pro claims that perlite has Cal and Mag recommended for seedlings. So applied a little perlite dust around the gorilla stem.

Also sprinkled a small bit of worm castings and guano and see if the root can uptake some nutrients to grow some leafs.

If no action I’m cutting and splitting the top to get more light exposure.
Only way to save it is to take a tissue culture and propagate that. It may take months. https://labassociates.com/7-methods-of-plant-tissue-culture
In the meantime, drop some more seeds.

B

Budclarkson

Only way to save it is to take a tissue culture and propagate that. It may take months. https://labassociates.com/7-methods-of-plant-tissue-culture
In the meantime, drop some more seeds.
I have a boat in process and plan to try my hand at cloning. Only one Gorilla seed left so will try again on the next run. One of the other cases like this I noticed was also a Gorila strain. Not sure if it a sensitive strain or weak seed or just coincidence but will probably go from water soak directly to soil next time with it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom