Tamisium Butane Extractors

• Thread starter BC_Bud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MTgrower

So does this make oil or does it make ear wax style honey?

It can make a very wide range of product depending on the parameters listed on their site. I have shatter(looks like amber fossils), golden oil, and a range of wax consistencies and colors.

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

Thanks brother. One other question as our collective is looking at different models... one being this one and another being a CO2 extractor.

Can N butane be attained in socal without problems?

H

hmusic

Thanks brother. One other question as our collective is looking at different models... one being this one and another being a CO2 extractor.

Can N butane be attained in socal without problems?
Just got an account with Airgas in the L.A. area. I'm waiting for my specialty gas to arrive. They said about 1-2 weeks. I'll wait patiently. But to answer your question, it does seem that it can be attained without too much trouble. Just be professional, and if they ask what you're doing, you can say that your extracting essential oils for cooking and/or massage therapy.

H

hmusic

My patience is wearing thin. Should I just buy some disposable cans, and clean the tane with the method described here?

The Hippy

The Hippy

My patience is wearing thin. Should I just buy some disposable cans, and clean the tane with the method described here?

Sure, that's all I use, and I get superb results....go for it Man and enjoy the extractor.

M

MTgrower

Dealing with the gas companies can be a pain. I've used Vector and King with good results.

Just use some cleaned can tane until you get an account with AirGas or whomever. Or just keep using that cleaned up stuff from the can.

H

hmusic

Just spoke with my Airgas rep. I'm not going to waste time with those lame cans. My tane will be here in 7 days, and my extractor should be here in 5. I cannot wait to get started with this thing.

Anyone know how to get the granulated/sugar wax consistency? Like the attached pic of Helmut's stuff (from other thread here).

Sexy sugar
N

Nui

I got stuff like that after leaving my oil out in the sun too long.......:)

Nui

J

jbreyfogle

are they over priced because you cant afford one? lol anyways the tamisium is the shit cleanest BHO all day every day. Uses science rather than pressure, and it recaptures your butane after purging so you can re use it. I had a glass tube and stainless extractor before a buddy sold me his tamisium. Glass breaks these don't. Plus when i used glass I would run through like 300 dollars of butane this recaptures and re uses!

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

can you just use regular canned butane and have it recaptured with this unit?

The Hippy

The Hippy

can you just use regular canned butane and have it recaptured with this unit?

Sure can....haha....get it...can ...funny eh
anyway sure any butane will work....yes it can be recaptured

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

So I am not sure what the diffence in butane is. Sorry... this is my first rodeo...LOL.

The Hippy

The Hippy

So I am not sure what the diffence in butane is. Sorry... this is my first rodeo...LOL.

The difference is how pure one is over the other. Some brands are filtered/purified more than others. Vector seems popular or Colibri and there are some others that folks say are quite pure as well. If you buy a tank from a gas supplier you can get the most pure and clean of them all. It's called pure-n i believe. Most of us just use the best we can get locally. So check your area for the better brands and with the purest hype talk on the can.
I don't know all the brands but differant locations around the planet seem to have a variety of favorites.

M

mastahashta

Hey MTgrower I have been reading a lot about your experience with the tamisium extractor. What I am most interested in is your ability to purify less pure butanes. I do not have easy acess to n-butane so this would be crucial to me. Could you explain how the tamisium does this?
Thanks in advance.
Mastahasta.

M

MTgrower

Hey MTgrower I have been reading a lot about your experience with the tamisium extractor. What I am most interested in is your ability to purify less pure butanes. I do not have easy acess to n-butane so this would be crucial to me. Could you explain how the tamisium does this?
Thanks in advance.
Mastahasta.

Yeah, you can clean it up by just doing a run with nothing in the tube. This way, you can keep the butane in liquid state while off gassing the propane or other propellants. The Tamisium recovers the solvent via distillation, so by manipulating the temperature, you can purify the butane.

You can also run the butane through Active Carbon. The Tamisium site says they are going to be releasing cartridges that fit neatly into the chamber.

Top Bottom