Tangerine power and sinmint cookies are unstable

• Thread starter bongobongo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SonOfDaMourning

SonOfDaMourning

If there herms to be found along the power line then id blame the bluepower used! It doesnt have to show herm to pair recessives and awaken the trait. I do believe theyre using a different bp mom to make the f2 line/second release. now Maybe theyve come to a similar conclusion?
Ive also purchased a reg pack of sinmints, popped 5 and got 5 clean males, gave 5 beans away and sitting on 5, used 2 males on my fortune cookie, skywalkerog and g13hazebx so i wont know if the trait is there until i run em!

dirtyshawa

dirtyshawa

So, what is the consensus???...if there's mostly herms in the seeds of (insert strain), yet you find 1-2 females out of say every seven seeds you pop. The product of those females is dank as fuck...do you guys personally keep rocking that strain because it's dank or do you move on to something more stable???

I'd love to here you guys opinion on this...I'm not a noob grower, but I can tell a lot of the cats commenting have much more experience and have seen quite a bit. I'm waffling on doing a commercial run with tride and true genetics, but in actuality all the new name brand dank is hermie prone once you really get down to it.

bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter
Well personally if I see them change in flower I kick them.. I'm not about to watch the plants and "pluck balls" to avoid a seed out... When it could potentially fuck me big time.

So if I can't pull a keeper off of several months of work/the initial investment for 10-15 seeds I don't see it being worth my time when I could move on to the next

Welshwizzard

Welshwizzard

6/6 SinMint Fems no hermi, were tiny white beans and looked like duds but found 2 keepers from first 4. two are on this run

6 SinCity Blue Petrols Regs 2 males late late showers or hermed when flipped. 4 looking awesome at week 2.

bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter
I noticed males showing late late veg with tangerine power, LVBK, and sin mint. I have a divine genetics true Girl Scout cookies that is showing way more dominant female traits. Far more then any new seeds I've grown.

I got one keeper so far and it was night fire og. Went through 15 to get it however. But it is a kush leaner

HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

I dunno man, i have buddies who ran sin city gear and had a grip of fire. I just picked up several packs for hella cheap at my local disp and have only found one nanner which I feel is good fir 24 phenos and in todays marke. the sin mint is going to herm its bred with an s1. If you know amything about breeding, anything mixed with gsc is a pop at your own risk. If every strain you had hermied, id look into other factors. Are you feeding several different strains the same food?

urban1026835

urban1026835

why does everyone keep only pointing out sinmint when there are clearly other strains here, 1 strain maybe but you got 3 I know of being mentioned here and other places which is why it concerns me..

maybe if they were listed as untested and to watch or tested and that some herm but have stable fire pheno's to be found otherwise IMO it is a tad shady.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
The powernap is the strain that hermed on me also. But I found another pheno that didnt and she yields like a mofo

me too. Found a great pheno that is super powerful. Everyone loves it. It was the best one and luckily has not herm'd. I still am not down for herm plants and so I do not know if I will pop any more sin city seeds after this initial experience.

dirtyshawa

dirtyshawa

Let me ask you more experienced cats this...if, a strain is being reported as sensitive do you use the techniques and tricks we use for yield (lst, topping etc.) or do you just let it grow out unmolested?

I'm fearful of doing anything to my TangieP's just to see if they hermie unmolested. Shit is a bitch cuz I won't buy anymore seeds until my next visit to Cali and I won't be popping those beans for several months.

Canappa

Canappa

Let me ask you more experienced cats this...if, a strain is being reported as sensitive do you use the techniques and tricks we use for yield (lst, topping etc.) or do you just let it grow out unmolested?

I'm fearful of doing anything to my TangieP's just to see if they hermie unmolested. Shit is a bitch cuz I won't buy anymore seeds until my next visit to Cali and I won't be popping those beans for several months.

I wouldn't worry about topping or lst,etc. I would be more concerned about the nutes you use find out what she likes and dont like. My TP didnt like heavy nutes or being close to the lights

J

justblazen

Active Farmer
Imo If you can reverse it chemically it has the capabilities to herm given unknown environmental issues. Maybe not with the factors aware but more of a freak environmental occurance whatever it may be, silver nitrate deposits in the soil or a spring misting infused silver colloids from a reaction within the earth(if possible). Even if it takes 100yrs for the factors to align, what could go wrong will! So where did the first herm come from or were they asexual and evolved with seperate sexes. so was it the chicken or the egg, that is the question!
I dont agree with this statement. I have reversed many cuts that have never popped balls on me, ever after running them over ten runs now. I do see some cuts that are prone to hermie traits like the cherry pie, and forum (not as much). I think this all goes back to the cookie crew saying they came from bagseeds like many of the OG kush cuts have. difference is I dont see that hermie trait as prevalent in OG's. I think it will take real breeding to stabilize this strain (cookies), F1s dont seem to be the ticket, but f3 and beyond should help

dirtyshawa

dirtyshawa

I wouldn't worry about topping or lst,etc. I would be more concerned about the nutes you use find out what she likes and dont like. My TP didnt like heavy nutes or being close to the lights
Dig! This is my first run with Canna nutes, but I always lurked the many Canna nutrient threads across the boards. I found a maximum of 10 ml per gallon was the limit of another strain that was ahead of my Tangerines, so I used that as my cap. I hit them with that dose about two weeks from seed and they have responded very well. It comes to about 930 ppms; I'm gonna cap every feed all the way through flower ahead that strength. Hopefully, that's a sweet spot for them.

SonOfDaMourning

SonOfDaMourning

I dont agree with this statement. I have reversed many cuts that have never popped balls on me, ever

Thats the purpose of using chemicals, to get the plant to reverse sex as environmental stress isnt working. Theres a threshole with every cannabis plant imo, its up to you to find the one with the most tolerant to environmental stress to chemically stress to reverse in order not to pass undesireable genes.

So saying youve reversed cuts that never popped balls is logical if your looking for clean s1's so i agree with you although you dont agree with me, lol!

J

justblazen

Active Farmer
Thats the purpose of using chemicals, to get the plant to reverse sex as environmental stress isnt working. Theres a threshole with every cannabis plant imo, its up to you to find the one with the most tolerant to environmental stress to chemically stress to reverse in order not to pass undesireable genes.

So saying youve reversed cuts that never popped balls is logical if your looking for clean s1's so i agree with you although you dont agree with me, lol!
I just dont see the relevance to that statement. I could care less if Im dead a 100 years from now and my grandson decides to reverse the white but will be pissed if I spend hard earned cash for beans and all herm on me unintentionally that I gave plenty of tender loving care too. Just think the reference is slightly over exaggerated

thunderfudge

thunderfudge

Breeder

I think there is some contributors. I never rootbind seedlings in bloom, i don't overdo any root stimulator, i always run 4 to six tops depending on what light penetration permits so i can easily inspect the plant, and always hike their skirts up first round.i always strip any larf out of the bottom middle at 2 and 4 weeks and look for sacks extra heavily.Just because i see a few sacks I won't panic if they are consolidated in one or two areas I will let them stay and just monitor closer.i will run the clone if it had any redeeming qualities.ive found many great plants that way

Last edited:
S

SadhuLife

We will see, I have heard about many of the Sin City's herming out here in CO as well. The TP and Sinmint especially. I have popped all the SC seeds I acquired through a friend. I am going to be running a full Sin City test run on the next go around. Hermies are never good, and will post a conclusion to my research with the next seed company on the list. Peace

Top Bottom