tap root is stalled at 1/16th inch

• Thread starter dean1963
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dean1963

soaked in water for 18 hours and then onto paper towels. wet of course.
it's been 6 days now and starting to worry if i should keep them in paper towels or plant them.
i feel i might drown them if left in towels much longer.
if they weren't $15 a seed i'd just start over.
any advice what i should do?

freezeland2

freezeland2

it's been 6 days now and starting to worry if i should keep them in paper towels or plant them.
Plant it and consider using a seedling mat if you have one.

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
The seed popped, and the root just stopped growing altogether? It looks exactly the same day after day? Does it look healthy? What's the temperature? That is pretty weird. At some point something has to give, it will either die, or not.......I would try planting it carefully in good fluffy moist soil of course, at a good temp. Let us know how it goes.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
exactly what happened. maybe it was to cold.
i'll plant them and buy a seedling mat today.
thanks guys
too cold or too wet, when you place it on/between paper towels you want those towels squeezed out with no standing water. Use the same water you soak them in to saturate then squeeze out the water on both top and bottom piece. warm location...78f 24-48 hrs they should pop and be 1-2" long...

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
You say you paid some money for the. Beans?

Sounds like you got seeds from a bad plant and may be duds. I see then every where now that Crack and stop but don't die just stop as in dud!

If there looking like there still alive I'd just leave them I just throw beans into a glass of water now and sometimes the root is out 2 or 3 inches before going into soil so I'm sure they won't drown!

Get some heat on them and see if they won't come out of it you never know

D

dean1963

i buy from crop king seeds and have always had great results from them.
this is the first gorilla glue seeds from them though.
their in soil now and the soil temp is 74 f so i guess we will find out in a few days if their good or not.
just sucks to dump money on shit seeds.

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
Gg strains, og strains and the Chem strains seem to dud most often white strains too some. People seem to think tmv tobacco mosaic virus

D

dean1963

i do have to say though, my guy at the supply store offered me premo seeds.
he has a guy that travels around to auctions and buys seeds
no clue what the price is as i never asked.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

i buy from crop king seeds and have always had great results from them.
this is the first gorilla glue seeds from them though.
their in soil now and the soil temp is 74 f so i guess we will find out in a few days if their good or not.
just sucks to dump money on shit seeds.
I haven't heard to many good things about crop king, most people refer to them as "crap king"
I cant say anything myself ive never ordered from them.

But maybe try North Atlantic Seed Company, cannapot is a good one too (you have to select language and currency) but they carry Anesia which is canadian only so thats cool. Seedsman i was always cool with too, received breeder packs and had my seeds within 7 days.
Trustfall and dragonsflame here on the far are always an option too. Had a great experience buying from trustfall, had seeds in 3 days.

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
Those strains have a higher percentage of duded plants

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I haven't heard to many good things about crop king, most people refer to them as "crap king"
I cant say anything myself ive never ordered from them.

But maybe try North Atlantic Seed Company, cannapot is a good one too (you have to select language and currency) but they carry Anesia which is canadian only so thats cool. Seedsman i was always cool with too, received breeder packs and had my seeds within 7 days.
Trustfall and dragonsflame here on the far are always an option too. Had a great experience buying from trustfall, had seeds in 3 days.
I don't do Crap king any longer, shit service and a bad attitude...QCseeds out of Vancouver in Canada for me.....I'm done with Crap king.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

I don't do Crap king any longer, shit service and a bad attitude...QCseeds out of Vancouver in Canada for me.....I'm done with Crap king.
I think you are actually the one i see saying crap king a lot lol.
I didnt like the website design and i thought they were kinda pricey too so i steered in another direction.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I didnt like the website design and i thought they were kinda pricey too so i steered in another direction.
I bought some seeds off them and only 1 popped so I made contact send them a pic and they got dismissive with me saying I was just looking for free seeds....via email....so I called and talked to a woman on the phone about their guarantee and she got angry & sounded like a lunatic bitching about sending out free seeds.....I just went silent and hung up......I'm done with them.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

I bought some seeds off them and only 1 popped so I made contact send them a pic and they got dismissive with me saying I was just looking for free seeds....via email....so I called and talked to a woman on the phone about their guarantee and she got angry & sounded like a lunatic bitching about sending out free seeds.....I just went silent and hung up......I'm done with them.
Wow thats terrible, i would be calling them crap king too. 🤴

Ilgm wasnt even that bad. Took 3 months to get my seeds but they sent me 20 extra for the fuck up and then i ended up with 15 freebies for seeds that didnt sprout. My only complaint on ilgm is the genetics dont seem stable at all.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
No not me...unless it comes up I don't like mentioning their name....its like advertising and in no way I want to do that.....They pissed me off and earned themselves a hater

D

dean1963

well sadly none of them did fuck all except turn white and fuzzy, which i assume is mould.
into the garbage.
i noticed a couple of different things with these seeds,
first they all sank which never happened before to me
and second they don't gravitate towards each other when they are floating in water, which has never happened to me also.
i have no idea what happened as this is the 1st time seeds didn't produce healthy tap roots.
soaking more now and hoping for better results this time as i really want to try GG.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

well sadly none of them did fuck all except turn white and fuzzy, which i assume is mould.
into the garbage.
i noticed a couple of different things with these seeds,
first they all sank which never happened before to me
and second they don't gravitate towards each other when they are floating in water, which has never happened to me also.
i have no idea what happened as this is the 1st time seeds didn't produce healthy tap roots.
soaking more now and hoping for better results this time as i really want to try GG.
they should float at the start and then sink. Them gravitating towards one another has to do with surface tension… not the seeds

Latest posts

Top Bottom