TC2's Main Thread / Garden Updates

• Thread starter tomatoesarecooltoo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

Winter plantings

Direct sowed a bed of Scottish kale and a bed of garlic.

Started a tray of arugula, a tray of lettuce and a tray of Scottish kale.

The beds have been topped off with the same mix as the trays and cups, a mix of coco and homemade compost.

7DD8D73A 03D4 49AD 959D 6F9EBF71CF55
54B0B7EA 77AE 4753 84A9 34DE70FC9E3E
tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

I am still squishing flower from my outdoor, but I am getting closer to the finish line and I wanted to share what I have learned so far.

1) Patience Patience Patience. Come down too fast and you will have blowouts and bad yield. I tend to put on a looping timer and some netflix. Come down a little bit every 1 minute. After 12-20 minutes I am at full pressure and I will leave it at full pressure for 6 more minutes.

2) Cure your rosin. I had heard that the consistency and flavor of rosin changes during the cure, but I did not realize that uncured rosin, smells kind of cooked even when pressed at a good temp. That cooked flavor goes away pretty quickly and the terps take back over.

3) Don't fill your container all the way up. When consistency of the rosin changes it expands a lot. I found this out when it oozed out of a couple containers.

4) Press hash at a lower temperature than flower, and wait even longer. I honestly should have just looked this up, turns out its common knowledge, but I learned it the hard way and then over compensated and learned the hard way again. I like 190f for flower and 180f for hash.

CaptainKhronik

CaptainKhronik

Anyone out there who composts. Do not buy a Hungry Bin brand worm bin. It is two pieces, for ship-ability, but the two pieces are held together by these bullshit little notch things. If you ever move your composter it will come apart the the middle and spill compost everywhere. There are other design flaws, but that one alone is worth avoiding this composter.

Thanks for the consumer warning/Buyer Beware about you experience. Financial strain in farming is a real thing, especially in this pandemic.
I've used black and yellow 5 gallon storage containers($4), for vermiculture with great yields and easy maintenance. A good size to work with. An initial $25 worth of wigglers has paid for itself many times over, in it's first year of production.
I'll upload a photo soon.

-CKK

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

Has anyone ever heard of or tried the johnson-su bioreactor composting method? Seems pretty cool, when I mulch my backyard I want to get a bunch of extra woodchips to build a few johnson-su bioreactors.

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

Heres a very interesting video about it doesn’t cover the design, just the benefits

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

Just got my fishing license for this year. Not an experienced fisherman myself, but I have the feeling I will get really into it based on how I am about hobbies. Any experienced anglers on here?

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

Ok so downloaded this app called fishbrain to find local fishing spots and it turns out its a straight up fishstagram lol.

E4FB960F F318 4247 86AB 34CAFFD5EC05
SSgrower

SSgrower

Just got my fishing license for this year. Not an experienced fisherman myself, but I have the feeling I will get really into it based on how I am about hobbies. Any experienced anglers on here?
I live on the Texas coastal bend & enjoy bay fishing for redfish,trout,flounder spring and fall are the best seasons here. Recently quit smoking cigarettes and it helps me keep my mind off the "Violent urges", and other withdraw symptoms. You near fresh water or sea scapes?

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

I live on the Texas coastal bend & enjoy bay fishing for redfish,trout,flounder spring and fall are the best seasons here. Recently quit smoking cigarettes and it helps me keep my mind off the "Violent urges", and other withdraw symptoms. You near fresh water or sea scapes?

Good stuff, and props on quitting cigs. I live closer to fresh water, a bunch of stocked ponds and a river, but I am about a 45-60 min drive away from the ocean.

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

Brewing up what should be some very strong liquid organic nutrition. This is 50% down earth to biolive and 50% over-brewed kombucha. Most likely will use it for the spring or summer veggie garden as a tea additive at less than 1 cup per 55 gallon.

D98420B2 CD4C 43D2 8C61 0FA066215AEC
tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

Brewing up what should be some very strong liquid organic nutrition. This is 50% down earth to biolive and 50% over-brewed kombucha. Most likely will use it for the spring or summer veggie garden as a tea additive at less than 1 cup per 55 gallon.

I used way to much of the dry ingredients and filled it up too high, should have looked up a recipe.

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

Every day I walk my dog through this alley full of decomposing leaves, today I finally decided to bring a wheelbarrow on my dog walk. Even found a few good night crawlers in the process.

80785CCA 49CE 4DD6 A55D 6E2E131AFF55
DB09C456 A3A2 44C2 A64C ECC77173386B
B247A1F8 A6D5 430E A392 0A31D999BB3A

Latest posts

Top Bottom