TC2's Main Thread / Garden Updates

• Thread starter tomatoesarecooltoo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

The following changes have helped me gain the upper hand in my battle with the caterpillars. They are still coming every day, but I am able to catch them sooner, before they do much damage.

1) More manual hunting. Checking the healthy buds, not just the affected buds I have found quite a few caterpillars hanging out before they do any damage.
2) Less BT more often. A gentle misting every evening and every night. No way the BT survives half a week in the sun IMO atleast not in my climate.
3) Pumps are not for chumps at least in this case. I think the atomizer was killing the BT before it got to the leaf, the week that I lost the most to the caterpillars (a few ounces at least) was the week that I tried using the atomizer.

I am fortunate that I did not encounter any other difficult issues this run and fortunate that rot does not spread quickly in my climate. After removing the dead areas of the flower and inspecting the buds, I do not see and bud rot spreading from the attacks, but I am still treating the effected flowers with food grade peroxide to be safe.

Another batch of buds coming down this Saturday.

Last edited:
tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

Thanks @SpiderFarmerLED farmer for sending me this sf1000 light. I am excited to see how it preforms compared to these viparspectra blurples. At first glance it seems just as bright, while consuming less than half of the wattage.

I will be firing up this room as soon as I am done harvesting and processing my outdoor.

I am digging the overall look and feel so far, as well as the dimmer feature. I will be using this feature to start my seeds directly under the spider farmer light.
Since the viparspectra blurples don’t have the dimmer feature I will have to turn on and off the various colors to control the intensity.

The plants will be grown in big rootz soil, and fed down to earth bio live and liquid kelp in veg, and dr earth flower girl and neptunes harvest flowering in flower. The dry amendments will be mixed with worm castings ahead of time, to kickstart the breakdown process.

I will be growing skunk “#1” regular seeds, starting with 18 seeds and selecting 5 females.

For IPM I will be using SNS209 and SaferGro Mildewcure, which are both essential oil based products. I will alternate between these weekly during veg and transition.

B431CF62 77B5 4E2A 9AD2 1F8369FD9775
E619251C 4A85 4F2C 8C88 9F459E59B123
tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

Played around with the rosin press and the bubble bags with weekend. Love the rosin press. Hate bubble bags. I actually really like bubble hash / hashish, just don't have the patience to work the bags.

Last edited:
tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

Collecting some rosin. This squish was 9 grams of lower buds. The cold “surface” I am using is the freezer bowl from my ice cream maker.

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

What's really surprising me as the Lemon Cheese x Lemon Haze cures, is that the smell is starting to lean towards tropical or fermented fruit. A flavor that I don't recall in either parent. It reminds me of the first strain I ever grew successfully, Vortex from TGA, which is another sativa dominant hybrid. I hope the rosin retains this flavor and it really jumps out after the rosin cures.

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

My friend that I traded some of my lemon cheese x lemon haze to just popped his seeds. Pretty excited to see how they treat him. He is growing them outside in 35 gallon pots.

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

My packs from staefli came. The freebies ended up being orange cookies x triple sec 🔥🔥🍊 🍪 🔥 🔥

66D4F2C8 798C 4C8B 8E77 624D4D41D07D
tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

My friend who I traded some of the lemon cheese x lemon haze to, sent me this picture. He said its on day 6 since first wetting the seed.

BFFA14FC 37DC 493C AF08 FBABDF7CCFB8
Madmax

Madmax

Take much of an effort to get out of the ground..maybe make something out of it.put a coat of varnish on 😃

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

Take much of an effort to get out of the ground..maybe make something out of it.put a coat of varnish on 😃

Dug it out with the shovel which was pretty easy, the hard part was washing the dirt off. I still haven't got all of the dirt off, those roots are good at holding on to it. Hadn't considered varnishing it, but I was planning to keep it.

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

Was so busy harvesting and processing the outdoor that the veggie garden got a bit neglected. Tried to do some catch up this weekend.

3690B2C4 655E 4633 A13F 1AB3101A1E0D
tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

Some of the veggies are sprouting up on the germination table. Peppers are still producing.

92C33A67 C244 4595 805A 0AB987E75837
tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

So it turns out Austria has opened citizenship for descendants of Jews who fled during the holocaust, which does apply to me. And it also turns out that Austria is in the eu, so as an Austrian citizen I will be able to live in any of the eu countries, which includes the Netherlands. Seriously considering moving to the Netherlands in a few years.

Top Bottom