TC2's Main Thread / Garden Updates

• Thread starter tomatoesarecooltoo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

Went out of town for the weekend to avoid the 112 degree weather. Swam in the ocean, and in the river with my dogs. I'm stoked that the outdoor didn't get ripped off while I was gone. The green beans and cucumbers got fried, but everything else did fine. The nose on the francos lemon cheese x super lemon haze is getting sweeter, the sweetness is now much stronger than the haziness. Cheese is there too, still no lemon.

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

Ran the lights last night without plants to discover issues ahead of time, and I ran into 3 issues to work on

1) room got much hotter than I expected. I need more ventilation, more efficient lights or ac.

2) when the room got hot, the light proofing started to peel. I am thinking of just boarding the window up with plywood

3) the power strip has lights on it. I need to use a different power strip.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ran the lights last night without plants to discover issues ahead of time, and I ran into 3 issues to work on

1) room got much hotter than I expected. I need more ventilation, more efficient lights or ac.

2) when the room got hot, the light proofing started to peel. I am thinking of just boarding the window up with plywood

I just put electrical tape over leds from power cords etc.

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

Deciding what to run first when I get the room sorted and the weather cools off

right now I have

Franco's lemon cheese (fem) - Greenhouse seeds
Francos lemon cheese x super lemon haze (reg)
MOAB freebies (fem I think)
Skunk “#1” (reg) - Sensi Seeds
Grand daddy purple (Bag seed)

Any Thoughts?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Deciding what to run first when I get the room sorted and the weather cools off

right now I have

Franco's lemon cheese (fem) - Greenhouse seeds
Francos lemon cheese x super lemon haze (reg)
MOAB freebies (fem I think)
Skunk “#1” (reg) - Sensi Seeds
Grand daddy purple (Bag seed)

Any Thoughts?
Run em all 😁 imo just pick the one your most intrigued with.

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

Run em all 😁 imo just pick the one your most intrigued with.

I would prefer to pick one or two to make canopy management easier.

The moab and the skunk are the only ones I haven’t run before. Leaning towards the skunk, but then I have to deal with regs. Thinking of starting 18 looking for 5 good females after what happened to dirtbag.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I would prefer to pick one or two to make canopy management easier.

The moab and the skunk are the only ones I haven’t run before. Leaning towards the skunk, but then I have to deal with regs. Thinking of starting 18 looking for 5 good females after what happened to dirtbag.
Yeah i planted 20 with plans to keep 4 but ended up keeping 6.its hard to throw out femakes but not as hard as not having enough females.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
You seemed excited about gdp so I would run that and the skunk. Maybe sling some pollen while you're at it.

Or iirc you were after grape and lemon/pine so maybe the lemon cheese x lemon haze and sling that.

Cracken

Cracken

for the window issue if you use a sheet of hardboard, or 1/4 plywood then you can paint the side against the window black or staple curtains to it so it looks like the curtains are closed from the outside.
most people think that led's dont make much heat but that is because the heat is spread over a cooling fin. yes cool enough to touch but they still make lots of heat. as long as your room stays below 85F it should be fine. different people have their own desired temps.
for that light you are looking at buying, I just got the exact same one off Ali babba. but I got the 6 panel for about the same price. look up monster board, or if you want try Geek monster. both look to be good.
I read thru the thread and the garden looks great bty, wish here in southern Ontario we had a longer growing season. spring was slow this year and fall seems to be coming early... fingers crossed that we get a indian summer that lasts until the end of October.

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

You seemed excited about gdp so I would run that and the skunk. Maybe sling some pollen while you're at it.

Or iirc you were after grape and lemon/pine so maybe the lemon cheese x lemon haze and sling that.

I like this idea. The gdp grows short so I could put it in the center untrained, skunk on the edges trained outwards.

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

If you are thinking to pollen sling, those are also two very stable parents, right?

Not looking to breed these two. Going to breed a jack with the purple in the future. Will save some cuts of the purple in case its a winner, but this run will be for flower / to test the room.

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

for the window issue if you use a sheet of hardboard, or 1/4 plywood then you can paint the side against the window black or staple curtains to it so it looks like the curtains are closed from the outside.
most people think that led's dont make much heat but that is because the heat is spread over a cooling fin. yes cool enough to touch but they still make lots of heat. as long as your room stays below 85F it should be fine. different people have their own desired temps.
for that light you are looking at buying, I just got the exact same one off Ali babba. but I got the 6 panel for about the same price. look up monster board, or if you want try Geek monster. both look to be good.
I read thru the thread and the garden looks great bty, wish here in southern Ontario we had a longer growing season. spring was slow this year and fall seems to be coming early... fingers crossed that we get a indian summer that lasts until the end of October.

Thanks Cracken. Good luck on the long summer. I have short springs and have to rely on warm weather crops.

The window has blinds already, I can pull down infront of the light proofing.

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

Another strain I have been really curious about is the hsc blueberry muffins. A grower I follow on youtube called Norcal Style lost most of his outdoor garden this year to russett mites, but his blueberry muffins made it through with minimal damage, which is pretty impressive.

Latest posts

Top Bottom