Tea Recipe

• Thread starter Capulator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ArtofHydro

ArtofHydro

This is one hell of a thread! Just wanted to give a shout out to Cap for amazing products. Caps packs = game changer.

S

stealthman2

if im running roughly 16 gallons for DWC how do i dillute the recipe or can i just keep feeding the tea over the coarse of my grow and take what i need from it and add to my res every change roughly once a week.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
if im running roughly 16 gallons for DWC how do i dillute the recipe or can i just keep feeding the tea over the coarse of my grow and take what i need from it and add to my res every change roughly once a week.

16 gallons total or 16 gallons per site?. you would only need a few cups of tea for 16 gallons. I would cut the ingredients to make a gallon of tea. Use the extra as full concentrate (like a cup per site in to the crown), and as a foliar. It's 20mL/gal of molasses, and then about 1/4 cup/gallon of EWC. You may want to use like a gallon of store bought distilled water and just drop an airstone and the ingredients in to that.

Shamus

Shamus

i got some of your bennies otw i believe n was wondering what you thought about using the foliar/root aerated mix to dunk incoming cuts into the garden(aero rooted.. so no cup dirt ect.. just plant).. i read through and saw that you had said it takes up to six days for it to take effect. my boy with some cuts for me has russet mites right now.. i got him using avid and sulpur ATM to try and rid them but either way even if he says theyre all good i still wouldnt jus play it cool like nothins wrong.. just wondering if i could do a several stage dunk and if that would kill the bennies.. like dunk em in the bennie brew then dunk in azatrol or neemix (is this counter productive.. step 2 cancelling 1?) really im just trying to hit them with as much as possible right off the bat.. haha. and was wondering if this would be a good thing to try? i really may not even take them in as no cut is worth losing everything else. look forward to your insight

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

Word of advise
DO NOT TAKE the CUTS these mites arent no joke they can wipe you out. Im battling them right now and its harder then people make it out to be. Im on week 2 of rotating avid and forbid4 and Im still finding larvae, tho its not moving its still there.
Its not worth the risk I seen what they can do to a harvest first hand and it aint pretty

PS Cap just fed my first batch of (root & foliar) tea with nute pack added before dumping in. I also sprayed the shit out of the plants. Im curious if the bennies will help kill off the few russet larvae that are still on the plants

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Word of advise
DO NOT TAKE the CUTS these mites arent no joke they can wipe you out. Im battling them right now and its harder then people make it out to be. Im on week 2 of rotating avid and forbid4 and Im still finding larvae, tho its not moving its still there.
Its not worth the risk I seen what they can do to a harvest first hand and it aint pretty

PS Cap just fed my first batch of (root & foliar) tea with nute pack added before dumping in. I also sprayed the shit out of the plants. Im curious if the bennies will help kill off the few russet larvae that are still on the plants

yeah never take cuts with bugs or mold. NEVER EVER!!!

Let me know how it goes with the russets.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

http://theearthproject.org/id53.html

here is an awesome link on compost teas. If you scroll down there is a small part where they talk about high concentrations of bacteria and fungi on the leaves totally protecting crops from all pathogens/pests.

Just ran through the link, very informative.

Whats the deal with hand watering with a pump and a wand? Is my pump and wand killing off the bacteria from the tea?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Just ran through the link, very informative.

Whats the deal with hand watering with a pump and a wand? Is my pump and wand killing off the bacteria from the tea?

I don't think it's that bad. I have scoped tea that has gone through a pump for days, and it was full of life.

squiggly

squiggly

I don't think it's that bad. I have scoped tea that has gone through a pump for days, and it was full of life.

The answer is yes it is killing bacteria--and different nozzles and such will injure different bacteria in different ways. Like cap said though, you're not going to kill all of them. The dead ones just become food--they will re-establish population.

gumby420

gumby420

hey Cap, made a trip to South Bay Hydro and picked up some more bennies today. Just had a quick question, why do you recommend not using the nute pack during flower? your recipe on your site says to use during veg only, i was just curious why. thanks

gumby420

gumby420

also, the dudes there were pushing Sea-Crop pretty hard and ended up getting a bottle. You know anything about it?

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

Wow that was a great read
Gots me thinking
Im big into food plots for deer and turkey with having a few acres each season to plant besides the perennials. Im now thinking of adding a few doses of tea to my plots considering I can use it at 1 cup per 5 gallons I can dose 5 gallons per acre
I do a rotation of plantings. Once in the spring then tilling under green and then planting early summer to fall for the final fall winter food source. I will add the tea once in the spring and then once more at my fall plantings.

Ill let ya know how it work and if it works great and can help my crops grow healthy and fight of any problem I will definitely spread the word

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
hey Cap, made a trip to South Bay Hydro and picked up some more bennies today. Just had a quick question, why do you recommend not using the nute pack during flower? your recipe on your site says to use during veg only, i was just curious why. thanks

The nute pack has mycorrhizae in it, which when applied during flower will not do much good. IMHO it is a little bit of a waste of money. However, it does have azospirrilum, fraturia, and rhizobium, which all help with N-P-K uptake... so I guess in the end it's a judgement call. I personally recommend applying early on. as early as possible really. LIke from seed or rooted cut. This will give you the MOST benefit. Will you still see some benefits doing it the other way, yes.. but it's not optimal.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Your pack has rhizobium...? I thought they only played with legumes.

Shamus

Shamus

throw in some cyto plus too! I did this past summer and my plants loved it, I'll try the caps with it next year instead of some shitty granular.
Wow that was a great read
Gots me thinking
Im big into food plots for deer and turkey with having a few acres each season to plant besides the perennials. Im now thinking of adding a few doses of tea to my plots considering I can use it at 1 cup per 5 gallons I can dose 5 gallons per acre
I do a rotation of plantings. Once in the spring then tilling under green and then planting early summer to fall for the final fall winter food source. I will add the tea once in the spring and then once more at my fall plantings.

Ill let ya know how it work and if it works great and can help my crops grow healthy and fight of any problem I will definitely spread the word

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

So why edible crops only. I cant use these on the flowers or house plants. I wanna share the love with all the plants around the house

Latest posts

Top Bottom