Tea Recipe

• Thread starter Capulator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

larebowm

curious farmer recipe says one tbsp of each.ogbiowar says 4TBSP each which is correct?i imagine its one Tbsp.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
curious farmer recipe says one tbsp of each.ogbiowar says 4TBSP each which is correct?i imagine its one Tbsp.

I probably made another typo somewhere. Its 1 tablespoon per gallon for root and foliar and 1 tsp per gallon for nute.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter

If you are looking at the tea recipe on www.ogbiowar.com then is say 4 tablespoon for 4 gallons of water.

L

larebowm

thats what i thought just making sure.the folks that are following ogbiowar are gonna get some some strong effin tea lol.i actually doubled it when my babys were sick and dying"testimonial thread" and it straightened out. i never figure out what it was as i never changed anything and it never came back.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
thats what i thought just making sure.the folks that are following ogbiowar are gonna get some some strong effin tea lol.i actually doubled it when my babys were sick and dying"testimonial thread" and it straightened out. i never figure out what it was as i never changed anything and it never came back.

4 tablespoon in 4 gallons and 1 tablespoon per gallon is the same thing isn't it? o_O

Gifted0ne

Gifted0ne

Yo cap after using a heavy spray of the foliar if i get what looks to be powdery mildew it is just residue or is it something to worry about?

L

larebowm

oh chit cap i dont read lol;;i did read it wrong my bad.:bookworm::bag:
had gallon stuck in my head

Gifted0ne

Gifted0ne

Hey cap does the root pack contain the same Bacillus as Aquashield+hydrobact?

babyhughie586

babyhughie586

Why does the website now say to only brew the tea for 2-4hrs??? This is a bit confusing to me I brewed for 24hrs and had great success...

click80

click80

Hey cap does the root pack contain the same Bacillus as Aquashield+hydrobact?

As far as I remember Aquashield is composted poultry something or other.

I have come to the belief, after five years of steady growing, is that companies that skimp on the label are doing it for a reason. If their are specific species that they know is in the product, why wouldn't they list it?

I think doubling up on bennies is useless. Even hygrozyme. I know some people swear on it for hydro, but I have never witnessed it do anything, when I was in hydro that is, I just stuck with Caps bennies.

Last edited:
Gifted0ne

Gifted0ne

As far as I remember Aquashield is composted poultry something or other.

I have come to the belief, after five years of steady growing, is that companies that skimp on the label are doing it for a reason. If their are specific species that they know is in the product, why wouldn't they list it?

I think doubling up on bennies is useless. Even hygrozyme. I know some people swear on it for hydro, but I have never witnessed it do anything, when I was in hydro that is, I just stuck with Caps bennies.

Hygrozyme doesnt do anything, but in some cases when people arent running bennies nor have inoculated roots the enzymes actually become catalysts to slime. If you have roots that need to be broken down then you have a problem, using a zyme to break it down isn't going to fix a problem its just going to keep eating away at the problem. Hygrozyme doesnt fight bad bacteria nor does it stop pythium.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Why does the website now say to only brew the tea for 2-4hrs??? This is a bit confusing to me I brewed for 24hrs and had great success...

I changed it a little because it is more convenient to do a shorter brew and also you will have a bit more species diversity this way. Don't forget you can also apply the product with just non/dechlorinated water. Compost tea is not a necessity, but it will help some of the species get off to a faster start.

click80

click80

Also, from what I found out with a DO meter, it's better (imo) to bubble the water for a couple hours first, without any bennies, so it can reach it's peak O2. But that's just my own personal thing. I add in a little bit EWC about 30 minutes before adding in the bennies, just in case my filters missed any chlorine or chloramines. My understanding is that organic material neutralizes (my word) them somehow.

click80

click80

Here is another consideration in making tea. I add in my molasses incrementally. This is why.
3. Glucose effect (Crabtree effect)[1]

In the production of baker's yeast from malt wort or molasses it has been recognized since early 1900s that ethanol is produced even in the presence of sufficient dissolved oxygen (DO) if an excess of sugar is present in the culture liquid. Ethanol is a main cause of low cell yield. Aerobic ethanol formation in the presence of glucose concentration is known as glucose effect or Crabtree effect. To reduce this effect, a fed-batch process is generally employed for baker's yeast production. In aerobic cultures of Escherichia coli and Bacillus subtilis, organic acids such as acetic acid, (and in lesser amounts, lactic acid and formic acid), are produced as byproducts when sugar concentration is high, and these acids inhibit cell growth as well as show deteriorating effect on the metabolic activities. The formation of these acids are called bacterial Crabtree effects.

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

I brew my teas anywhere from an hour to three days - I feed tea weekly so every week I change it up a little. Diversity is key. Typically go for longer brew times in veg, shorter in flower.

Also - I would not recommend spraying plants in flower with a tea until you've had it tested for e-coli. Me and a scientist buddy have been doing tests and e-coli will live on your leaves for 6+ weeks after a foliar spray, especially if you're using any type of manure/frass/castings in your tea. So far we haven't seen a sample come without e-coli in it. The the only times it was in an acceptable range was when I was using a EcoPlus5 80 watt air pump in a 20 gallon brew.

edit to add - e-coli was present regardless of if cap's packs were used or not

click80

click80

With cannabis does it matter? Cooking edibles properly or BHO handles e-coli unless I am mistaken. What numbers did you show?

I have links that I will post later that have shown the opposite. I have to go snowblow my 1/4 mile driveway (sigh) first.

Top Bottom