Tea Recipe

• Thread starter Capulator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Slowitdown

Slowitdown

Hey guys got a quick question. I brew 4 gallons of tea then dump the tea into a 50 gallon res. Should I PH the res water before or after adding the tea? OR should I just not PH at all when feeding tea?

click80

click80

The genetic makeup of fish and their diet will determine what intestinal bacteria exists as will their environment. It's hard to determine what possible gut biotia (bacteria types) that exist in your fish without knowing if you have used filtered water, the environment they are maintained in, the fat, protein, starch and oil content of the food being given. The source of the food and the bacteria that the protein content was derived from and whether it was cold processed to preserve enzymes and protein, and in to some extent bacteria. It's a crapshoot with that many variables. Plus, why use an unknown amendment when it's so much more easy to use Caps bennies and establish your own compost, buy forest compost, I know longer recommend Alaskan Humisoil as I have had some widely varying tea results, get some local compost, get some locally sourced worm poop and it done. If you want to take the mycorrhizae train ride, then source some, I recommend Caps. I am not a friend of Caps, I didn't meet him until I took a chance when I was broke and ordered from him and it saved a grow, so I am not Caps shill. I do however take each and every chance to recommend staying away from the dead shit in jars at the hydrostore that you pay $40 and up for. I use roots from my last grow.

In other words if you want to experiment, feel free but what benefit will you gain without knowing what you are putting on your plants. I mean how much do fish excrement do they provide? An ounce, a pound, tens of pounds? Just saying I have some fish shit is sort of limiting in being able to offer any advice. Fish shit is not uniform.

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
@Capulator Will this Black strap work, Just about out of the EJ Hi-Brix so I'm trying to find some black strap at a good price, this is what I;m thinking about ordering...Thanks Bro
BlackStrap

Slowitdown

Slowitdown

@Capulator Will this Black strap work, Just about out of the EJ Hi-Brix so I'm trying to find some black strap at a good price, this is what I;m thinking about ordering...Thanks Bro
View attachment 473280

How much you paying for that @oscar169 ? I found the molasses capulator uses by the case for
Grandma's Unsulphured Molasses 12/24oz
$83.39

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
@oscar169 @Slowitdown

I actually bought a 5 gallon tub of the golden barrel a little while back and I highly recommend getting the case of 4 1 gallon jugs. The 5 gallon is messy to scoop from, and a real bitch to pour accurately from.

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
Last edited:
HappyTrailz

HappyTrailz

Thinking about running a tea for the first time. I run rockwool and recirculate. Should i add this to the rez just before i change it out? I also read somewhere that Aquarium pumps don't work??? My plan was to add a half cup at the crown, then add 3 cups to my rez and then lastly do a Foliar spray 1x weekly. I have only the Foliar pack. I also have some myco madness...would that counter react with using the Foliar pack? One last thing, should i start right away with baby clones? Sorry for the multiple questions!

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Thinking about running a tea for the first time. I run rockwool and recirculate. Should i add this to the rez just before i change it out? I also read somewhere that Aquarium pumps don't work??? My plan was to add a half cup at the crown, then add 3 cups to my rez and then lastly do a Foliar spray 1x weekly. I have only the Foliar pack. I also have some myco madness...would that counter react with using the Foliar pack? One last thing, should i start right away with baby clones? Sorry for the multiple questions!

1-2 cups tea per 5 gallons every time you do a res change out. You need the root pack, and you do not need the nute pack.

HappyTrailz

HappyTrailz

1-2 cups tea per 5 gallons every time you do a res change out. You need the root pack, and you do not need the nute pack.
Ok thanks... what about the type of air pump? I read something about Aquarium pumps not providing enough air? I have no scope, so i wouldn't be able to confirm?? I also wanted to use the left over to Foliar spray?

J

Jenny

when you make tea? I recommend a 60 L/M pump and a 6" air stone.

Make sure you get a 6" round air disc, not the cheap little air stones they sell at most pet or aquarium stores. The cheap little stones will restrict the output of the big air pump and not be able to provide enough oxygenation or movement of solution and will probably blow apart in a short period of time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom