Tea Recipe

• Thread starter Capulator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Can you water soil with the full strength tea recipe in post #1?

Yes I read 50 pages so far and never saw this specifically answered. I assume since you can full strength foliar you can full strength water soil.

Yes. You can do this. Full strength will introduce a shit ton of bacteria and fungi. If you have RA, you need to use full strength foliar pack!

ivyboy1225

ivyboy1225

Having white fungi appear on top of my pots... I read before this is really good and beneficial fungii that shows the whole food web is kicking well... can anyone validate?

Also - I had one room with ogbiowar teas kicking regularly 7 day intervals and good strength, another where I went light (9-11 days). Guess which room I'm fighting pm, whiteflies, spidermites all at the same time?

ogbiowar or bust.

jimmy the hat

jimmy the hat

Having white fungi appear on top of my pots... I read before this is really good and beneficial fungii that shows the whole food web is kicking well... can anyone validate?

Also - I had one room with ogbiowar teas kicking regularly 7 day intervals and good strength, another where I went light (9-11 days). Guess which room I'm fighting pm, whiteflies, spidermites all at the same time?

ogbiowar or bust.
20150415 225329

ivyboy1225

ivyboy1225

wow @jimmy the hat, that looks awesome.

edit: it's good right? curious as to what it is called specifically...

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Its Cob Web Mold... Spray it with H202 and it will Fizzle and die, Its there because of a lack of oxygen, It thrives in high c02 low oxygen environments.

It grows on top because thats where the lack of oxygen is the highest, The soil still contains some oxygen so it generally only grows on top. But it will penetrate if left long enough.

john martin

john martin

Would it be beneficial to add some fresh Foliar and Root pack to the mix after the brew to up the diversity?

Bubblng less time will give you more species diversity. More time will give you more bacteria, but may also reduce diversity as some species will outpopulate others as they compete for food.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Its not cob web mold if you are using biowar. It's most likely a colony of trichoderma.

if that was Trich it would be turning green, I see 0 spots that are green.. Trich starts out white but does not stay white for very long, it almost immediately sporulates which covers the whole area in green.

I only know all this cause i used to grow shrooms and i know far to much about competing molds then i care to admit. ;)

If the exposed area is hit with H202 it will fizzle and die, also exposing it to oxygen will also cause it to die off, The same will not happen if that was trich, It would turn green and spread all over.

Last edited:
Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
if that was Trich it would be turning green, I see 0 spots that are green.. Trich starts out white but does not stay white for very long, it almost immediately sporulates which covers the whole area in green.

I only know all this cause i used to grow shrooms and i know far to much about competing molds then i care to admit. ;)

If the exposed area is hit with H202 it will fizzle and die, also exposing it to oxygen will also cause it to die off, The same will not happen if that was trich, It would turn green and spread all over.

True. trichoderma does turn green and is a little more solid looking. Had to take a second look at the pic. Thank you for the correction LD. Trichoderma will grow in the light too. I have had it on my RW cubes many times over.

B

brycecrispy

About to order some of your stuff and i have a couple questions. What do you think of adding fulvic and or humic acids to a tea? Also could you add the foliar pack to solution with neem oil when foliar feeding? thanks

john martin

john martin

Also could you add the foliar pack to solution with neem oil when foliar feeding? thanks

The FOLIAR PACK has several species that will aide in the eradication and prevention of PM. You may spray 5 grams/ liter (or about 1 tablespoon per gallon) with a pinch of yucca extract as a surfactant 1 x per week. Do not burn sulfur or spray azamax or oil based products within 1 week of applying the FOLIAR PACK.

-Cap

Azamax = Neem derivative.

john martin

john martin

I personally just began playing with fuliv acid - Ful-Power.

I'm looking forward to the answer to your other question as well :)

Last edited:
E

esoterra

I searched this thread and couldn't find the answer, so maybe someone could help me out with this - For large batches of tea brew (20-50 gallons) should I scale up every ingredient of the basic tea recipe? For example, one of my spaces requires approx. 180 gallons to nutrient mix. So ideally I need about 18-20 gallons of tea to make a 1:9 dilution. I have a 55 gallon tea brewer, should I multiply everything by 5, thus making it:

20 gallons h20
500 ml molasses
20 Tbsp each of root and foliar pack
20-40 cups earthworm castings

Thanks for answering questions guys.

vangs

vangs

Due to the fact the bacterial cultures start to replicate within 4-8 hours of application, and fungal cultures will take 12-16 hours to germinate, the best way to apply the bennies is by brewing a tea for 24 hours.

IF you are in soil, you only need to add a mycorrhizal product like the nute pack once or twice as early as possible in the plant life cycle, and again when you pot up to a bigger size. It is better to apply as a powder, not in tea, and mix at the rate of 1/4 teaspoon to 1 teaspoon per gallon of soil.

Here is a tea recipe copied from ICMAG, with my own twist, that will put your plants in to a happy state of being.

1) Add 4 gallons non-chlorinated water a 5 gallon bucket.

2) Add 100 ml of regular unsulphured black strap molasses, you can get this from the grocery store.

3) pH solution to 6.5-7.0 (not necessary, but helps).

3) Throw in a cup of earth worm castings.

4) Add 1 tablespoon per gallon of each OG Biowar root and foliar packs.

4) Bubble with an air stone and air pump for anywhere between 1-24 hours. Bubblng ess time will give you more species diversity. More time will give you more bacteria, but may also reduce diversity as some species will outpopulate others as they compete for food.

5)Unplug air. Strain again with a cheesecloth, or let settle and take off the top.

5) Dilute 1-2 cups per 5 gallons and add to the reservoir, or use as an individual drench. This works GREAT in a turbo or easy cloner, or even on your cuttings in a dome.

Now, the bacteria will die off no matter what if there is nothing for them to eat, so really you are killing bacteria all the time in a hydro setting, where there is no soil that is "breaking down"

The packs are a mix of a shitload of bacteria, but they rarely all go to work right away when they are applied. some make it and some don't, it depends on their environment and what they have to process. This is why you want to add 1x per week.

Additional goodies:
Add a couple of handfuls of alfalfa meal in with the earth worm castings, to provide a great boost to plant vitality.

Apply tea once a week or every other week for best results during veg and flower

Can be used up to flush.

I have found that this tea will deter all soil borne pathogens and insects, especially if using the foliar pack. I have successfully used this tea to destroy a fungus gnat population and keep my roots white and pythium free. There are other farmers here that have used it to kill their root aphid infestations.

ENJOY!
hey cap, do i need to brew the foliar pack? or is it just the nute and roots pack that needs brewing?

jpdnkstr

jpdnkstr

Technically, you don't need to brew any of them, but there is no need to brew the nute pack, just follow the directions(add to growth medium as early in the plants life as possible, and again if transplanting to a bigger container). The root, and foliar can be brewed, but is not necessary. The section you quoted gives pretty specific directions, follow them, and you should have success!

Latest posts

Top Bottom