Tea Recipe

• Thread starter Capulator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
oxanaca

oxanaca

im probably looking at less microbial diversity the more time that goes by as well too right?

you say 24 hours or less? whats the minimum?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
im probably looking at less microbial diversity the more time that goes by as well too right?

you say 24 hours or less? whats the minimum?

Yes. The minimum is just to mix with water and a food source, then apply.

oxanaca

oxanaca

That's a long time. Most tea people I talk to say best to use at 24 hours or less, but at 72 hours aerated it will still be ok as long as it doesn't smell anaerobic.

last question and ive got this. what do you mean by "smells anerobic" what does that smell like.

Lowman

Lowman

This is a food grade product, so will cost 10X more than a feed grade.
And, I don't believe powder is any better than ground or chipped.
This is a food grade product, so will cost 10X more than a feed grade.
And, I don't believe powder is any better than ground or chipped.
Thats all cool...but I assume there is no harm in using it in a tea untill I have used it up and get some alfalfa meal next time.

Dunge

Dunge

Thats all cool...but I assume there is no harm in using it in a tea untill I have used it up and get some alfalfa meal next time.
No problem at all.
I brew tea batches 'back to back' on a four day watering cycle.
I'm always looking for better sources of alfalfa, and I use feed grade molasses as well. (bought at a sporting goods store in a gallon jug as bear bait)
Inoculation with one of the Capulators bennies is a fun distraction.
Have fun. Your plants will love you for it.

OGkushistein

OGkushistein

@Capulator How far along into flower is it ok to drench the soil without negative affects

beachtown77

beachtown77

So I've read your recipe for this tea and it looks fantastic. I grow in Coco with Canna nutrients. How would you recommend to use this tea? Should I use it every other week in flowering without the earthworms castings. I have used tea in the past but nothing that sounds this good. Please help!

Thanks Capulator

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
@Capulator How far along into flower is it ok to drench the soil without negative affects

All the way to the end. No problem.

So I've read your recipe for this tea and it looks fantastic. I grow in Coco with Canna nutrients. How would you recommend to use this tea? Should I use it every other week in flowering without the earthworms castings. I have used tea in the past but nothing that sounds this good. Please help!

Thanks Capulator

I use the tea every week on all my plants. Right now I do approx. 1 part tea to 8 parts nutrient solution in a DTW system and 2 cups/5 gallons in a recirc system. I use exactly this:

1 tablespoon per gallon root and foliar packs.
20mL/gallon wholesome sweeteners or grandmas molasses.
1/4 -1/2 cup per gallon EWC from local farmers market.

I have also been amending with EWC, alfalfa meal, and pyrophyllic clay.

Sometimes I add 20mL/gal Alg-A-Mic

SierraFarmer

SierraFarmer

Hey cap had a quick question about my tea recipe. I am making a 4 gallon batch and I am using 100ml of molasses, 1 cup of earthworm casting, yucca extract, 1 tbs of root pouch, and 1 tbs of foliar pouch. Then I bubble it for 24 hours. My main question is, is that enough of the root and foliar packs. I see ppl are using up to 4 tbs of each and I want to make sure I am not overloading the bennies with too much molasses and making them into sugar junkies. Thx again for hearing me out

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Hey cap had a quick question about my tea recipe. I am making a 4 gallon batch and I am using 100ml of molasses, 1 cup of earthworm casting, yucca extract, 1 tbs of root pouch, and 1 tbs of foliar pouch. Then I bubble it for 24 hours. My main question is, is that enough of the root and foliar packs. I see ppl are using up to 4 tbs of each and I want to make sure I am not overloading the bennies with too much molasses and making them into sugar junkies. Thx again for hearing me out

3 more tablespoons each and drop the molasses by 20mL.

You can use less if you like. You may also dilute the tea anywhere from 1:10 to 1:100. You can even use full concentrate. PM me if you have questions. I know a lot of this info is hard to find in the threads. Think I will make an FAQ.

FPines

FPines

Looks like you're out of stock on the Root Pack, I knew I should have ordered a larger size last time... any idea how much longer until it's restocked?

Cheers.

cheaplastic

cheaplastic

3 more tablespoons each and drop the molasses by 20mL.

You can use less if you like. You may also dilute the tea anywhere from 1:10 to 1:100. You can even use full concentrate. PM me if you have questions. I know a lot of this info is hard to find in the threads. Think I will make an FAQ.

Cap, i notice on your website under the tea brewing instructions, it says, "OGBIOWAR likes a short 2-4 hour brew" I have a print out of an older recipe you posted that looks identical to the current one, but mine says "OGBIOWAR likes a 24 hr brew"?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Cap, i notice on your website under the tea brewing instructions, it says, "OGBIOWAR likes a short 2-4 hour brew" I have a print out of an older recipe you posted that looks identical to the current one, but mine says "OGBIOWAR likes a 24 hr brew"?

2-4 is for max diversity from the packs... 24 will do just fine. You can even just mix it and add it to the substrate/spray and get spectacular results. It's hard to miss really. There are so many spores per gram.

I dont recommend going past 24 hours though unless you are an experience tea brewer.

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

2-4 is for max diversity from the packs... 24 will do just fine. You can even just mix it and add it to the substrate/spray and get spectacular results. It's hard to miss really. There are so many spores per gram.

I dont recommend going past 24 hours though unless you are an experience tea brewer.

yes...I will say this...I've been setting aside the amendments in my tea bags (castings and humisoil) to mix into my mom dirt, whenever I brew for longer than 24 hours the tea bags will start to get extremely anaerobic and smell horrible overnight. 12-24 hours and I'll usually have two or three kinds of fungi starting to pop up after letting it sit out overnight and it smells like rich earth.

Latest posts

Top Bottom