Tea Recipe

• Thread starter Capulator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
If freezing is a concern please leave a note with your order and I will require a signature for delivery. This way it will be held at the post office if you are not home to receive.
This would increase shipping costs slightly, but you can use chemical heat packs as well. There are heat packs that stay warm for 24hrs or so. It's what we used to use to ship live animals during cold weather. Similar to the hand warmer packs sold for skiers. They'll last even longer if you activate them then wrap them in some newsprint before dropping them in the box.

Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
I live in michigan. It has been freezing ass cold here. I got my order yesterday after a straight week it never got over -5 outside. My order seems fine to my knowledge. Just ed opened and used the nute pack for some transplants today and it was powdery like flower. The other 2 packs seem to be the same way, haven't opened them yet. I don't think orders coming in winter should be an issue. Just try and keep your eye on the tracking to be safe.

Btw.....Super stoked to start messing with caps stuff. Been pretty impressed with everything iv seen and heard so far. Plus Waayne recommended it to me and that guy can grow like a mofo! Lol ~smf~

Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
Ok so I'm brewing my first bio brew right now ( the foliar and root pack recipe). IV read it is to be diluted @ 1-2 cups per 10 gallons. I mix and water my plants per gallon jug....what would the rate be per gallon suggested in soil?
Also, the packs say it's a short brew and only do 2-4 hours but iv read some people say they brew for 24 hours on the boards lol, which one is correct?~SMF~

ftwendy

ftwendy

They are both correct. 2 hours is fine, 24 is too.... the time and conditions determine which species come out of stasis and how large their population can become. Most agree that variety is good, so changing things up is just fine.

I'd use 1/4-1/2c of brewed tea per gallon, just to be on the safe side........

fwiw, I have been using the packs directly from the pouch (zero brew time), and I'm very happy with the results. Could be cheaper, but the results make up for that.

Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
They are both correct. 2 hours is fine, 24 is too.... the time and conditions determine which species come out of stasis and how large their population can become. Most agree that variety is good, so changing things up is just fine.

I'd use 1/4-1/2c of brewed tea per gallon, just to be on the safe side........

fwiw, I have been using the packs directly from the pouch (zero brew time), and I'm very happy with the results. Could be cheaper, but the results make up for that.
Thanks for the advise man. I'll brew an even split @ like 10 hours then use 1/4 cup the first time to see how it goes lol. Whenever I try new stuff its like learning how to grow for me all over again.

sixstring

sixstring

lol I just did my first brew last week and used 1 cup brew per gallon,plants seem fine.i cant imagine it being that hot of a mix but maybe im wrong.i swore I read where everyone was using 1 to 2 cups per gal not per 10 gal? im brewing my second batch now and I added the nute pack as well,and was planning on using 2 cups per gal this round.thoughts?

sixstring

sixstring

so 2 cups per gal is plenty safe,im too stoned atm to do the math but it seems right lol.

ftwendy

ftwendy

Yep. 16c in a gal, so 2c = 1:8 per waayne's instructions

The reason I suggested such a low dose for smf is b/c he's never tried it before. Start low and work your way up... same with all new additions to the garden.

I should stop answering these questions cuz I am not an expert... just a fan lol

whatthe215

whatthe215

you can also use the tea at full strength if desired !

this is my plan, just setup a 40gal brew. got aphids, recommended at full strength. figured i'd hit everything just a bit, enough to soak the crown of each plant and then water like normal the next day. mostly beds, 64 1gal pots.

hopefully 40gal is enough.

Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
So I ended up using 2 cups per gallon on my plants late last night. Today they seemed fine. I watered my bloom and my veg. My small seeding a newly planted clones I watered it down much more to ensure I didn't over due it. I also foliar sprayed my veg plants on top of watering them....like I said all seems fine so far today. I'll keep you guys updated. I'll probably wait 3 days until I feed them my regular nutes. I'm still just in that touchy I don't want to over do it phase. Till I get my groove I'm playing it on the safe side lol

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
this is my plan, just setup a 40gal brew. got aphids, recommended at full strength. figured i'd hit everything just a bit, enough to soak the crown of each plant and then water like normal the next day. mostly beds, 64 1gal pots.

hopefully 40gal is enough.

You need to water through to runoff if you have RA you need to soak them in foliar pack and let the fungi do the work from there.

whatthe215

whatthe215

You need to water through to runoff if you have RA you need to soak them in foliar pack and let the fungi do the work from there.

at full strength? i just did ~35gal of foliar + root pack tea. used 30gal of that for 8 coco beds (4x4) and definitely didn't get runoff. other 5gal went to 64 nursery pots. even with the discount that one tea cost me $100+ in root+foliar. 2.5cups (40 tablespoons) of each in 40gal.

would running my regular base feed through microsprinkers to soak the tea down help? i was planning on waiting til tomorrow to water but idk now.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
One kilo will make 70 gallons of solution. You don't need to get runoff but you best make sure you saturate the entire substrate. Those fuckers like to chill on the roots mostly on the outside of the root ball. THe root pack is not as important when dealing with RA and it is mostly bacteria, so you are better off making the tea with the root pack and diluting it 1 part tea to 10 parts water/nute solution. Once you do a full strength application of the foliar you can follow up with the 1 part tea/10 parts water foliar and root pack tea once a week. One kilo of each will make roughly 700 gallons of solution this way.

whatthe215

whatthe215

sweet thank you for the clarification cap and the quick response.

last quick question, as of current, what do you recommend for starting water conditions? my RO is always <30ppm but i wanna dial temperature and ph. i remember reading your recommended ph in the old tea instructions but they have changed a bit. after 24hr brew the ph was 7.5, i didnt ph RO before starting. i think i started with water too cold, tea was only 70f after 24hrs.

whatthe215

whatthe215

oh one more, what's your favorite thing to do with leftover tea? there's the sludge + about 5gal of tea left in the res. i have added water and more mollases before, but what fungal food could i give this renewed tea?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
You should have more than 5 gallons left! dump the extra in to a smaller container and let it settle again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom