Tea Recipe

• Thread starter Capulator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter
After a couple weeks messing around now I really like 16 hours.. 24 with me and my conditions I start getting slightly out the rhealm of that delicious tastey smell

budfriend

budfriend

Alright guys. What is better

So I keep reading brew the tea with bennies for 24 hours
Or add them in the last couple hours 2-4

What Is better or is it just a matter of opinion. I read alien brews them 24. Don't know how long Wayne says he puts them in. Just read g.o.d says add them the last couple hours

What I started doing was put 2 tbsn of root and folior in for 24 hr. The add 2 more tbsn last 4 or so hours adding 50 ml of molasses at beginning and 50 ml of it on second does of bennies. This is for 5 gallon brew

What do the masters think

Dunge

Dunge

I just took down the healthiest plant my garden has ever produced.
I bubble an alfalfa tea for four days.
Because I water every four days.
I inoculate with any one of caps packs.
What I think I'm trying to do is create as thick a microbial swill as I can.
Microbial bio mass is readily consumed by each other.
When there is consumption, there is excretion.
These excretions get organized into big buds by the plant given light water and time.
My cartoon includes action shots of buds slow falling of their own weight.

gumby420

gumby420

Ive been using grandmas black strap mollasses in my teas and my partner recently just bought a big bottle of HI Brix. Doesnt say black strap on there, is Hi BRix ok to use in teas with your packs? thanks

Dunge

Dunge

Ive been using grandmas black strap mollasses in my teas and my partner recently just bought a big bottle of HI Brix. Doesnt say black strap on there, is Hi BRix ok to use in teas with your packs? thanks
Hi Brix reads as lots of sugar, so it will likely feed microbes well.
I use a feed grade used for game feed.
Got it at a Sportsman's Warehouse in a gallon jug very cheaply.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
All sorts of sugars work. You don't have to stay married to molasses.
I can get agave cheaper than molasses is that a decent food?
See above. :)

H

Hydropimp

Can I soak rockwool cubes to clone with the tea?

I know ppl use it on hydro cloners.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter

Hi brix is too acidic.

Can I soak rockwool cubes to clone with the tea?

I know ppl use it on hydro cloners.

YES.

I can get agave cheaper than molasses is that a decent food?

Agave nectar will work, but I do not know if it has as many minerals... as a food source it should be alright though.

Alright guys. What is better

So I keep reading brew the tea with bennies for 24 hours
Or add them in the last couple hours 2-4

What Is better or is it just a matter of opinion. I read alien brews them 24. Don't know how long Wayne says he puts them in. Just read g.o.d says add them the last couple hours

What I started doing was put 2 tbsn of root and folior in for 24 hr. The add 2 more tbsn last 4 or so hours adding 50 ml of molasses at beginning and 50 ml of it on second does of bennies. This is for 5 gallon brew

What do the masters think

Ken there are so many spores that technically you can just mix with water and apply and get great results. the short brew is for max diversity. The long brew is for max population, but inevitably less diversity as some species may outpopuplate others as they all compete for food and O2.

caligirl

caligirl

hi cap, where do i get cap bennies? everybody raves about them. I have a tea brewer and really want to get into adding beneficials to my plants (they get them in the roots at planting time and i want them on the leaves to help with mildew) My grow store has never hear of cap bennies - do i get them on this website?

Hi brix is too acidic.

YES.

Agave nectar will work, but I do not know if it has as many minerals... as a food source it should be alright though.

Ken there are so many spores that technically you can just mix with water and apply and get great results. the short brew is for max diversity. The long brew is for max population, but inevitably less diversity as some species may outpopuplate others as they all compete for food and O2.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
hi cap, where do i get cap bennies? everybody raves about them. I have a tea brewer and really want to get into adding beneficials to my plants (they get them in the roots at planting time and i want them on the leaves to help with mildew) My grow store has never hear of cap bennies - do i get them on this website?
http://ogbiowar.com/

I think he still offers a farmer discount, too, which is amazeballs.

S

Shanniegrows

how would this tea work against pm when used as a foliar? and would the dilution ratios be the same or different.
Thanks ahead of time

S

lilzayne

lilzayne

I am also moving toward making my medium a safe haven for bennies as opposed to relying on tea. Right now I am mixing in alfalfa meal, EWC, and minerals in to the medium, and then I water in with a little molasses and bennies. So far my plants are looking the best ever.

Hey Cap, I was wondering if you're still doing the above method? If so do you just mix molasses and 1 tsp/liter of both the root and foliar pack on you're first watering when transplanting? Is it necessary to use an airstone and bubble for 2-4 hours like you would a tea?
I like the idea of applying bennies from the get go. Any feedback would be appreciated!

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Hey Cap, I was wondering if you're still doing the above method? If so do you just mix molasses and 1 tsp/liter of both the root and foliar pack on you're first watering when transplanting? Is it necessary to use an airstone and bubble for 2-4 hours like you would a tea?
I like the idea of applying bennies from the get go. Any feedback would be appreciated!

Yes I am still doing this. I let my tap bubble out for 24 hours though because I no longer use an RO or dechlorinating filter.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
how would this tea work against pm when used as a foliar? and would the dilution ratios be the same or different.
Thanks ahead of time

S

Hi Shanniegrows,

The FOLIAR PACK has several species that will aide in the eradication and prevention of PM. You may spray 5 grams/ liter (or about 1 tablespoon per gallon) with a pinch of yucca extract as a surfactant 1 x per week. Do not burn sulfur or spray azamax or oil based products within 1 week of applying the FOLIAR PACK.

-Cap

S

Shanniegrows

Hi Shanniegrows,

The FOLIAR PACK has several species that will aide in the eradication and prevention of PM. You may spray 5 grams/ liter (or about 1 tablespoon per gallon) with a pinch of yucca extract as a surfactant 1 x per week. Do not burn sulfur or spray azamax or oil based products within 1 week of applying the FOLIAR PACK.

-Cap

Id like to thank you for replying to this. I saw the last post date and was wondering if this was still active or not. What kind of shelf life will this mixture have after first makin it? Made a batch today and didn't quite use half of it. Was curious if the bacteria would still be alive in a couple days or so.
Also have one last question, when using aliens tea recipe, can that batch as well be used for foliar? Is 1/4 - 1/2 cup per gallon seem to strong for the application rate? Its bubblin out right now and plan on using it tomorrow root drench and foliar if I can
Thanks again

S

ohthatguy8

ohthatguy8

Ok so my garden shop has ogbiowar 8oz packs. I've been wanting them but never order online unless I can mail cash. (Which I probably could of n never asked) I couldn't resist grabbing some. But now I'm concerned cuz I have chlorinated water. I could use ro for the tea but I've got to many dwc buckets running to use anything but tap water. Will the chlorine evaporate enough in a day or two to add the tea after that? Or am I just going to be killing everything off.

G

greyman41420

Ok so my garden shop has ogbiowar 8oz packs. I've been wanting them but never order online unless I can mail cash. (Which I probably could of n never asked) I couldn't resist grabbing some. But now I'm concerned cuz I have chlorinated water. I could use ro for the tea but I've got to many dwc buckets running to use anything but tap water. Will the chlorine evaporate enough in a day or two to add the tea after that? Or am I just going to be killing everything off.

Pretty sure if you leave chlorinated water out for at least 20 hours it breaks down to unchlorinated

Top Bottom