Tea Recipe

• Thread starter Capulator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Id like to thank you for replying to this. I saw the last post date and was wondering if this was still active or not. What kind of shelf life will this mixture have after first makin it? Made a batch today and didn't quite use half of it. Was curious if the bacteria would still be alive in a couple days or so.
Also have one last question, when using aliens tea recipe, can that batch as well be used for foliar? Is 1/4 - 1/2 cup per gallon seem to strong for the application rate? Its bubblin out right now and plan on using it tomorrow root drench and foliar if I can
Thanks again

S

If they are being aerated then yes they will last a couple days. Otherwise, make only what you need. You may foliar with it. If using aliens recipe you may want to dilute 1 part tea to 1 part water.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Ok so my garden shop has ogbiowar 8oz packs. I've been wanting them but never order online unless I can mail cash. (Which I probably could of n never asked) I couldn't resist grabbing some. But now I'm concerned cuz I have chlorinated water. I could use ro for the tea but I've got to many dwc buckets running to use anything but tap water. Will the chlorine evaporate enough in a day or two to add the tea after that? Or am I just going to be killing everything off.

If you are using DWC just add 1 cup of tea per 5 gallons of nutrient solution, the day after you change your water. Don't over do it you will get too many microbes in that type of system. 1 cup of tea per 5 gallons is good though.

S

Shanniegrows

Thanks for the help. being new to organics an ACT especially ill take all the help I can get

S

Frostynugman

Frostynugman

Hi brix is too acidic.

YES.

Agave nectar will work, but I do not know if it has as many minerals... as a food source it should be alright though.

Ken there are so many spores that technically you can just mix with water and apply and get great results. the short brew is for max diversity. The long brew is for max population, but inevitably less diversity as some species may outpopuplate others as they all compete for food and O2.
Are you saying that using the HiBrix is wasting the tea? Ive been using it but am I not brewing to my full potential?

jlr42024

jlr42024

Cap my local shops are geared to synthetic nutes so finding a selection of molasses is difficult can you recommend a brand of unsulfered molasses to replace the earth juice hi brix I've been using? Thanks

Frostynugman

Frostynugman

It's not a waste but using unsulphured black strap molasses is cheaper and not so acidic. When I was using hi brix I always had to add pH up before adding any bennies.
So you add water and molasses and then ph the water ? I have just been throwing the castings in with the molasses letting it bubble up for a lil then adding the scoops. Are you saying that I'm missing a step? I should be adding molasses then phing the h2o?

Thanks for your help I've just moved through my second kilo and love it! Had to switch over some of my buddies that love it too, my grow store even carries it now!

She's my sweet lil baby

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
So you add water and molasses and then ph the water ? I have just been throwing the castings in with the molasses letting it bubble up for a lil then adding the scoops. Are you saying that I'm missing a step? I should be adding molasses then phing the h2o?

Thanks for your help I've just moved through my second kilo and love it! Had to switch over some of my buddies that love it too, my grow store even carries it now!

She's my sweet lil baby

When I was using RO I always had to add pH up... when using hi brix. It has quite a bit of P acid in it. Grandmas molasses from the grocery store works great. You only need to pH the water BEFORE adding bennies if the pH is too low or too high. 6.5-7.5 is good, but when I was adding hi brix to RO I would be at around 4.3 and that was too low.

I like the hibrix b/c I use hard tap water and the acidity from the brix works in my favor.... to each his own tho

Yeah in tap it would probably be fine. When I used it was when I was an RO guy... and I have long since switched to tap. I do not adjust pH of my tea now. My tap is around 7.3 so that's perfect.

Frostynugman

Frostynugman

When I was using RO I always had to add pH up... when using hi brix. It has quite a bit of P acid in it. Grandmas molasses from the grocery store works great. You only need to pH the water BEFORE adding bennies if the pH is too low or too high. 6.5-7.5 is good, but when I was adding hi brix to RO I would be at around 4.3 and that was too low.

Yeah in tap it would probably be fine. When I used it was when I was an RO guy... and I have long since switched to tap. I do not adjust pH of my tea now. My tap is around 7.3 so that's perfect.
Thanks again

ShivaSkunkPunk

ShivaSkunkPunk

@Capulator @HeadKracker
Quick question Cap, HK and I were rappin bout Organics and Teas, once you've mixed Mollasses and Water and you PH, I think you recommended to 6.5-7.5, is that to benefit microbe growth or for plant feed/uptake, when you add bennies does it cause the ph to flucuate?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
@Capulator @HeadKracker
Quick question Cap, HK and I were rappin bout Organics and Teas, once you've mixed Mollasses and Water and you PH, I think you recommended to 6.5-7.5, is that to benefit microbe growth or for plant feed/uptake, when you add bennies does it cause the ph to flucuate?

microbe growth. Once in the substrate the microbes and rhizoshpere will largely dictate the substrate pH to sustain ideal parameters.

Frostynugman

Frostynugman

microbe growth. Once in the substrate the microbes and rhizoshpere will largely dictate the substrate pH to sustain ideal parameters.
So essentially the tea is PH perfect for microbes if not using an acidic sugar/molasses?

B

Bangarang

Been rocking biowar for almost two years with great success, most of the time. I have been focusing on other issues and have not had the time to dedicate to learning all about organics. I have two concocations that i brew but do not know if i am mixing all the right things. Any advice would be great.

#1 Transition/Veg 4 gallons
4 cup/g EWC
2 tbsp Kelp
1 cup ancient forest
1/2 cup insect frass
4 tbsp Root and Foliar packs
50 ml Hi-Brix Molases

#2 Flower
1-1.5 cups EWC
1 cup Marine Green (Stop using this around day 21) switch to ancient forest
1-2 tbsp Kelp
1/2 cup insect frass
4 tbsp root and foliar pack
50 ml Hi-Brix Molases

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Been rocking biowar for almost two years with great success, most of the time. I have been focusing on other issues and have not had the time to dedicate to learning all about organics. I have two concocations that i brew but do not know if i am mixing all the right things. Any advice would be great.

#1 Transition/Veg 4 gallons
4 cup/g EWC
2 tbsp Kelp
1 cup ancient forest
1/2 cup insect frass
4 tbsp Root and Foliar packs
50 ml Hi-Brix Molases

#2 Flower
1-1.5 cups EWC
1 cup Marine Green (Stop using this around day 21) switch to ancient forest
1-2 tbsp Kelp
1/2 cup insect frass
4 tbsp root and foliar pack
50 ml Hi-Brix Molases

I would like to suggest switching out EJ hibrix for regular unsulphured black strap molasses.

Top Bottom