Tea Recipe

• Thread starter Capulator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
If I added 2-3 cups of EWC in a 3 gallon brew, roughly how long would it take for the bacteria to break that down so it is immediately available when watered in?
Thanks
GR33N

Sorry brother, but I have no idea.

OCKushCollector

OCKushCollector

Question, is a wetting agent necessary when applying a foliar spray with the tea? If so, what's best to use?

K

kushtrees

Anyone loose all foam when adding fish hydrolysate? Added 10ml/ 4 gal and got no foam, usually get lots. Trying to figure out if its the fish or my reduction in molasses and kelp.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Question, is a wetting agent necessary when applying a foliar spray with the tea? If so, what's best to use?

I recently used a non ionic stuff called spray mate that I got at the local nursery. It's super cheap. A few drops. Or yucca extract is great too. Just a few drops.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Anyone loose all foam when adding fish hydrolysate? Added 10ml/ 4 gal and got no foam, usually get lots. Trying to figure out if its the fish or my reduction in molasses and kelp.

I do not add fish. I am sure someone can chime in here. I do 20 mL /gal unsulphured black strap molasses and get about an inch of foam. Nothing crazy but when I scope it it looks great.

K

kushtrees

Yea I backed off from 25ml/ gal molasses to 15ml and backe off my kelp from 12.5 to 7.5ml/ gal. Added the fish to increase food sources variety and hopefully biodiversity. Ill probably bump up the molasses up to 20ml/ gal. I've been compying some of the food source recommendations from Tim Wilson (microbe organics guy) CT guy and dr Ingham ill see if I can find the site they have some simple recipe ratios

K

kushtrees

A lot of what I have read talks of alfalfa as a food source. I know CT guy uses about a tbsp/ gal of alfalfa meal. I'm pretty sure he's the guy with simplicitea they have alfalfa in their food mix, they have a lot of cool stuff there.

I've always wondered how effectively we are "extracting" tria from alfalfa using teas. The skeptical part of me thinks very very little when compared to products like calcium 25.

drknockbootz

drknockbootz

excellent link. I love that site.

I'm gonna go get some alaskan humus tomorrow. Thats the one thing I have been missing. I wonder what they think of alfalfa??

Hey cap you should check out microbeman info. He doesnt feel theres any advantage to using alaskan humus over peat moss. He checked under microscope and found it to be really active. Its much cheaper too!
You should get some samples to microbeman to test. Check his website www.microbeorganics.com.
He also uses fish hydroslate and kelp meal in his recipe, which are on his site.

pork

pork

can i foliar with this tea? the root pack won't funk with the foliage, will it?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Hey cap you should check out microbeman info. He doesnt feel theres any advantage to using alaskan humus over peat moss. He checked under microscope and found it to be really active. Its much cheaper too!
You should get some samples to microbeman to test. Check his website www.microbeorganics.com.
He also uses fish hydroslate and kelp meal in his recipe, which are on his site.

Thanks man. Microbeman is over here sometimes. I think on the forums. I have been to that site. It's very good.

I foliar with the tea. It's awesome. Sometimes I dilute it like 50/50 with water if it's on the the thick side. Also, it's good to let it settle and take the liquid off the top so you don't clog the sprayer.

S

SMOKE-ONE

Cap,I know you have already went over this,but I didnt have time to read this entire thread.Im growing in 100% canna coco,w/ h&g coco nutes.Do I need your nute pack,or just your foiler and root packs?also do you know if drip clean will harm the bennies?will any air pump/air stone work,with brewing a tea?Thanks!! I have some seeds that just sprouted and want to start them off right with caps bennies....

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Cap,I know you have already went over this,but I didnt have time to read this entire thread.Im growing in 100% canna coco,w/ h&g coco nutes.Do I need your nute pack,or just your foiler and root packs?also do you know if drip clean will harm the bennies?will any air pump/air stone work,with brewing a tea?Thanks!! I have some seeds that just sprouted and want to start them off right with caps bennies....

use the nute pack 1/4 tsp per gallon of coco mixed in, or water in with 1/4 tsp per gallon to saturate media. I like mixed in best.

I don't use drip clean.

You need a good airpump. 60L/minute I would say will get you lots of bubbles.

Alternatively you can get results just stirring it goo a couple times a day.

S

SMOKE-ONE

use the nute pack 1/4 tsp per gallon of coco mixed in, or water in with 1/4 tsp per gallon to saturate media. I like mixed in best.

I don't use drip clean.

You need a good airpump. 60L/minute I would say will get you lots of bubbles.

Alternatively you can get results just stirring it goo a couple times a day.
So its better to mix the nute pack str8 into the coco,and not adding it in my tea?also should I cut my base nutes when using the nute pack?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
So its better to mix the nute pack str8 into the coco,and not adding it in my tea?also should I cut my base nutes when using the nute pack?

Any way works. Watered in or mixed in. There is a lot of discussion on this. If you put it in the tea, water with concentrated tea enough to soak the pot so you don't dilute the mycorrhizae in the nute pack. They are pretty much the only ones that don't multiply given a food source as they need to be int he precense of plant roots to come out of stasis.

You may find you can get away with feeding a lot less once the microbes establish. That has been the experience of many. IN coco I woudl veg at like 1.0EC and work my way up to 1.5-1.0 depending on strain at peak flower, then taper back down and flush for a week or two.

Dunge

Dunge

I mixed up some Caps foliar with water and let the talc settle.
Now I have talc all over my leaves.
Gave them a water wash, but it didn't remove much.
I don't think the talc is doing any harm other than reflecting light that I'd rather reach the leaf.
Anybody have a technique for removing talc from leaves?
Will such a mix eventually clear up if I wait long enough?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I mixed up some Caps foliar with water and let the talc settle.
Now I have talc all over my leaves.
Gave them a water wash, but it didn't remove much.
I don't think the talc is doing any harm other than reflecting light that I'd rather reach the leaf.
Anybody have a technique for removing talc from leaves?
Will such a mix eventually clear up if I wait long enough?

it will go away. let it settle longer next time. I leave mine for 5-10 minutes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom