Tent Set Up ,help

• Thread starter Poor dirt
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Poor dirt

Poor dirt

alright looking to fill up a 10x10 tent this is going to be my first legit "room" . My plan is to run two 4x4 flood tables and then fill up the other half with a soil grow . I have questions regarding what size carbon filter I would need . Smell is a decent issue so I would rather go over kill then regret it later , also ...does anyone scrub the air in the tent before having it go through the filter ? Does this make much more of a difference ? And is it necessary ? . Last question, lights I have been running in a fairy decent size area with just two 1k hps , I'd like to either go 4 1000 hps in the. New tent or LED if you guys think heat would be a issue ? In a confined area such as the tent... I'm not green to the game , just trying to make my first "legit" set up ... I made due for years with much less , just time to try to fine tune what I have going ... any input or suggestions would be AWESOME z, thanks

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

alright looking to fill up a 10x10 tent this is going to be my first legit "room" . My plan is to run two 4x4 flood tables and then fill up the other half with a soil grow . I have questions regarding what size carbon filter I would need . Smell is a decent issue so I would rather go over kill then regret it later , also ...does anyone scrub the air in the tent before having it go through the filter ? Does this make much more of a difference ? And is it necessary ? . Last question, lights I have been running in a fairy decent size area with just two 1k hps , I'd like to either go 4 1000 hps in the. New tent or LED if you guys think heat would be a issue ? In a confined area such as the tent... I'm not green to the game , just trying to make my first "legit" set up ... I made due for years with much less , just time to try to fine tune what I have going ... any input or suggestions would be AWESOME z, thanks
Cobs from Timber. Someone will be sending you a link very soon.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

For the size of setup that you are trying to pull off you will want to talk to a gentleman by the name of six strings. Hopefully he will chime in soon.

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

For the size of setup that you are trying to pull off you will want to talk to a gentleman by the name of six strings. Hopefully he will chime in soon.
You just have to tag him @sixstring , he will get the notification... I would think that four 1000W HPS would be too hot for a tent, I've never used them, so I really don't know for sure.

sixstring

sixstring

10 x 10 tent is out of my league,i only have a few small 3 x 3 breeding tents. theres some guys here that run bigger tent setups and pulled off using 1000w hps in them,but i would never try it personally.maybe 4 x 600w but yeah 2000w-2400w of cobs or quantum boards would be sweet in a 10 x 10 but pretty damn expensive setup costs.4 of these would kick ass in there

Poor dirt

Poor dirt

Thank you guys ! I have followed this page for years sitting back and soaking in the info , finally joined any how , I hope six chimes in . I know LED has come along way im just a stickler in my ways lol I have been trying to talk my self into trying the kind k5 XL 1000 but i would need at least 3-4 for what I'm pulling off or trying to , gets expensive IF trying to use the hps in a tent is dreaming then I will bite the bullet and get 3 of the K5Xl1000. Has anyone tried using. One of those portable AC?
op will be set up in basement ... usually right around 68 in there year round . Was thinking a single pass from basement air through lights and out side and then the carbon filter also ? My room was more like 15x20 so heat was never much of a concern I would just turn down the thermostat

Poor dirt

Poor dirt

@sixstring I'm trying to send you a message rather then clogging up this post . Thanks bud

sixstring

sixstring

you'll get better info in this thread than i can give you in a private message.dont worry about clogging,thats what the forum is for ;)

Poor dirt

Poor dirt

Ok.. well I guess I'll give it till the end of the day , finishing up my electrical end and setting up tables ...I'll post some pics if I can figure it out .

sixstring

sixstring

i cant speak on the kind led because i never used them before,other than expensive units for what they are offering par wise.have you looked at the light i linked a few posts up ? it is a direct 1 for 1 replacement for a standard 1000w hps

Poor dirt

Poor dirt

Just did six , has anyone actually used these lights ? I have never herd of them but for the price I could buy a couple extra lights I was figureing around 3500-4$ in lighting if I went led , also is the heat that much less ?

sixstring

sixstring

As for the heat your losing 400w of heat per lamp so yeah big difference.
That guys fixtures are rock solid,water resistant meaning you can spray plants under them.that guy was one of the reasons i went cob led in my op and my builds are pretty much copys of his bar fixtures.
6 of those panels in your tent would fucking crush it,but i still think 4 would be awesome.you could also do 4 of the square panels and 2 or 3 of his bar style fixtures which are like 250w each.all those are dimmable so during veg you could run lower power and crank up for bloom.

Poor dirt

Poor dirt

Awesome man , so were you coming from HPS ? And did you notice a loss in yeild from the switch ? I'm really digging the idea of these lights. I'm actually thinking of adding co2 to this room which will be a first and I'm sure I'll have many questions regarding that as well , but being able to seal the room and lose the heat of those hps lights would be awesome. I have got the tent set up powered and my two table set up and leveled , I think I'm going to hold off on these lights for a few more weeks .. I had some piss poor planning and all of the OD and my other room will be finishing with in 1.5 weeks of each other , I'm going to utilize the space in this tent for a dry room and keep researching lights , want to make the right move what ever I do .. I will Most likely go this route , thanks again for the info !

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

Awesome man , so were you coming from HPS ? And did you notice a loss in yeild from the switch ? I'm really digging the idea of these lights. I'm actually thinking of adding co2 to this room which will be a first and I'm sure I'll have many questions regarding that as well , but being able to seal the room and lose the heat of those hps lights would be awesome. I have got the tent set up powered and my two table set up and leveled , I think I'm going to hold off on these lights for a few more weeks .. I had some piss poor planning and all of the OD and my other room will be finishing with in 1.5 weeks of each other , I'm going to utilize the space in this tent for a dry room and keep researching lights , want to make the right move what ever I do .. I will Most likely go this route , thanks again for the info !
Wait till you see his flower!

sixstring

sixstring

Yes ran all hid lighting for years.recently switched em out for cob leds.went from 13kw to 8 kw and my yields have improved by just a bit.if i ran 10k this way my yields would have went way up for sure.room temps are easy now and plants are as happy as ever.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

Yes ran all hid lighting for years.recently switched em out for cob leds.went from 13kw to 8 kw and my yields have improved by just a bit.if i ran 10k this way my yields would have went way up for sure.room temps are easy now and plants are as happy as ever.
Show us a flower!!!

Poor dirt

Poor dirt

IMG 1483
IMG 1764
IMG 1765
Awesome, what's ur signature ? I tryed looking at profile but it says it's blocked , off topic but check out this homemade 119 space aerocloner I whipped up ! Works great and am under 30$ lol

sixstring

sixstring

maybe it's just me or a setting I have turned on, but, I don't see your signature
no i think something happened on the site,because i dont see anyones sig now.i checked mine in my settings and it shows its there,but i dont see it either lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom