Terpenes Mysteries ?

• Thread starter Titoon_29
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Titoon_29

Hello,

i've been reading a lot these days about how terpenes are involved in the high in cannabis. A few months ago, my belief was the quality and complexity of the high was mostly due to other cannabinoids involved than the common thc /cbd/cbn... But now i'm really sure its more about terpens.

I read a post from sam saying that you could almost predict the effect of the herb by smelling it... Can you do that ?

Greenhouse has been doing some terpenes profiling with there strains, they have access to such a nice technology!

I ld love to learn more, for exemple if there is any way to make some stability statistics between different phenotypes, for example... nice tool... And would it be efficient to link the genetic profile of two strains ? how the ratios change during the flowering...
Hope greenhouse will release more profiles soon !

Back to subject, as some terpenes can be dissolved by water during a waterhash process, the high from the hash should be quite different than from the plant... Did anybody notice that ?
That could be interesting to know how much is the cannabinoid profile involved in comparison of the terpenes...
I can notice that the strongest herb i tried were mostly tasting really strong, like most diesel... it would mean lot of terpenes associated with good thc, strong high...?

Thanks a lot for reading, and if you have any answer, that would be great ! :rastadancing:

Sam Skunkman said:
Elevator Man said:
I've personally never really noticed a difference in effect from leaving a plant until the resin was amber - in terms of more 'narcotic' anyway. But most authorities seem to suggest that's the case.

Sam, if the ratios of THC to CBD don't change, and if I'm the one with the odd reactions, would the more narcotic effect many people experience be more likely to be produced from terpene degradation? As in the more volatile oils (if they're the more stimulating terpenes) are more likely to evaporate as the plant goes into senescence?

You are getting close to the truth, the terpenoid ratios do change.

jak.gh said:
Alpha-Pinene is an organic compound, found in the oils of many species of many species of pine trees. It is also found in the essential oil of rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis). 2 types of Alpha-pinene exist in nature, one more common in European pines, the other more common in North America. A mix of the two is present in the oil extracted from the eucalyptus tree. In the Green House range this terpene is at the highest level in the Super Silver Haze. So if you like pine-tree smelling and tasting weed, think of growing this strain, or use it for crossings.

Limonene is a hydrocarbon, classified as a cyclic terpene. It is a colourless liquid at room temperatures with an extremely strong smell of oranges. It takes its name from the lemon because lemon and other citrus fruits contain high quantities of this compound, which is responsible for much of their smell. In the Green house Strains is particularly high in the Lemon Skunk and the Big Bang.

Sabinene is a natural monoterpene and it is isolated from the essential oils of a variety of plants, mostly oak trees. Sabinene is one of the chemical compounds that contributes to the spiciness of black pepper and is a major constituent of carrot seed oil. It also occurs in tea tree oil at a low concentration. Again, this terpene is high in the Super Silver Haze and in the Arjan’s Ultra Haze #1.

Myrcene, or β-myrcene, is also an organic compound. It is classified as a hydrocarbon and a monoterpene. It is obtained from the essential oil from various plants: bay, verbena, myrcia (from which is gets its name) and others. Myrcene is one of the most important chemicals used in the perfumery industry. Because of its pleasant odor, it is occasionally used directly. But it is also highly valued as an intermediate for the preparation of flavor and fragrance chemicals such as menthol, citronella, and geraniol. It is extremely high in the White Widow.

B

British_Hempire

Yes, the other cannabinoids are mostly not psychoactive, THC makes you high, but the CBD, CBG, CBN etc doesn't, THCV is actually a THC antagonist.

You're quite correct, it's all down to the terpenoids, different ones affect the high in different ways, I've yet to see a breakdown of all the terpenoids in cannabis and their effects, it is a complex matter as there are many different possible mixtures.

I don't think the GHS info is all that useful as their seeds are a joke, if someone like DJ Short or Mr Nice started using this technology I'd be keenly interested, but GHS? It's just marketing BS like the colour coating.

About water hash, yes, terpenoids are water soluble so water hash is an inferior product in many ways to traditional dry hash. The effects of water hash are always less heady and characterful than the bud it came from, due to the missing terpenoids. Some people ignore this because they prefer the raw potency of water hash, but it's a hard fact, water hash is actually a crude THC extract, not true hashish, terpenoids are lost and for me and many others, they are a crucial part of the smoking experience. If you want to retain all of the flavour and character of your resin, FFS don't wash it in water and remove half of the bits you want!

I was chatting to a long time hash importer the other day and he's furious that someone has introduced water hash making to Nepal and Afghanistan, we smoked two pieces of Afghan black hash he had one traditional seived, the other water hash, and while the water hash piece burned with less smoke and was less expansive in the lungs, and also a little bit more potent, it had maybe 10% of the taste and character of the traditional piece, all the head effects had pretty much gone from the water hash and it was just a vague stone.

I've also had water hash from Morocco and Nepal in the last year and was bitterly disappointed with both, no flavour or character compared to proper hash. At least real Lebanese is still being made, small samples are appearing and with the current Israeli aggression, expect the Bekaa valley to be knee deep in young cannabis plants this spring, everytime Israel gets into conflict with the Palestinians they make loads of hash, the profits being used to buy weapons to fight the Israelis. Last year some very nice red Leb turned up in the UK, with the current strife, I expect more will turn up this year, they need the money to buy weapons to fight the Israelis.

T

Titoon_29

Hey BH,
i was hoping you would post, thanks a lot for all the knowledge you bring !

Yes, the other cannabinoids are mostly not psychoactive, THC makes you high, but the CBD, CBG, CBN etc doesn't, THCV is actually a THC antagonist.

You're quite correct, it's all down to the terpenoids, different ones affect the high in different ways, I've yet to see a breakdown of all the terpenoids in cannabis and their effects, it is a complex matter as there are many different possible mixtures.

Ok ! but i m wondering that, as there are more than 60 cannabinoids, they must be involved in the high. let s say you mix pure thc with the good terpenes, will it work way better ?

I don't think the GHS info is all that useful as their seeds are a joke, if someone like DJ Short or Mr Nice started using this technology I'd be keenly interested, but GHS? It's just marketing BS like the colour coating.
I agree with you, most of ghs is about business... Still, they have access to advance technology, and they are the first to release some terpenes profile, that's a start... Let's pray we see and learn more ^^

About water hash, yes, terpenoids are water soluble so water hash is an inferior product in many ways to traditional dry hash. The effects of water hash are always less heady and characterful than the bud it came from, due to the missing terpenoids. Some people ignore this because they prefer the raw potency of water hash, but it's a hard fact, water hash is actually a crude THC extract, not true hashish, terpenoids are lost and for me and many others, they are a crucial part of the smoking experience. If you want to retain all of the flavour and character of your resin, FFS don't wash it in water and remove half of the bits you want!
So that was what i was thinking, but wasn t sure... I remember reading a post from l33t stating that still waterhash is the purest form of cannabis... guess he s right in a way, probably the medical one, higher thc so better medication, with less effect (high)

I was chatting to a long time hash importer the other day and he's furious that someone has introduced water hash making to Nepal and Afghanistan, we smoked two pieces of Afghan black hash he had one traditional seived, the other water hash, and while the water hash piece burned with less smoke and was less expansive in the lungs, and also a little bit more potent, it had maybe 10% of the taste and character of the traditional piece, all the head effects had pretty much gone from the water hash and it was just a vague stone.
that confirm your theory, and now i m gonna go for pollinator ^^

I've also had water hash from Morocco and Nepal in the last year and was bitterly disappointed with both, no flavour or character compared to proper hash. At least real Lebanese is still being made, small samples are appearing and with the current Israeli aggression, expect the Bekaa valley to be knee deep in young cannabis plants this spring, everytime Israel gets into conflict with the Palestinians they make loads of hash, the profits being used to buy weapons to fight the Israelis. Last year some very nice red Leb turned up in the UK, with the current strife, I expect more will turn up this year, they need the money to buy weapons to fight the Israelis.

I ld love to see some nepal, even afghan, around... we just get soapbar/ low grade morroco around here...

Again thanks for your reply BH, i m pretty sure others will come to give their opinion, let's hope to see more ...

Maybe those who own a vaporiser could do some experiments, as it seems you can release the flavour (terpenes) at around 160 degrees, without the thc... then you can take with some other low potency strain at your normal temperature of use to check if the high is amplified...
I'm pretty sure that the different terpens have different vaporization temperature, i m looking at this right now...

+++

in the range of 175-200°C may result in the isolation of a cannabinoid-rich fraction which is substantially free of terpenes. At these temperatures terpenes are volatilised along with the cannabinoid-rich fraction but are not condensed, and are thus lost from the system.

B

British_Hempire

The appeal of commercial waterhash is that it's purer than the adulterated lower grades of sieved hash that turns up here and to be honest, given the choice of adulterated traditional Moroccan shite or Moroccan waterhash, I'll take the pure stuff thanks, but if the sieved traditional piece isn't adulterated, it wins hands down for taste and character everytime.

What l33t says about waterhash being the purest form of cannabis is sorta correct, it's the purest form of THC you can make without solvents and equipment, but cannabis isn't just about THC. Sam Skunkman says he has smoked 100% pure THC and it didn't seem as potent as good 45-50% hash.

I think the other cannabinoids probably do play some role in the nature of the high, I think the effects of a given plant when smoked is a complex summation of the THC plus the cannabinoids and terpenoids, water hash gives you the THC plus a small amount of the terpenpoids, cos not all are washed away (otherwise it would have no smell or taste) but enough is removed to change the character of the effect, for sure. Try making water hash and dry sift from the same buds and when you smoke them both you will see that the nature of the effect is different, the water hash is always more sedative and stony, some say this is greater potency, and in THC percentage, they are right, but potency is a more complex issue than THC percentage.

I've smoked sativas that were probably no more than 12-14% THC that had my pulse racing, heart beating, sweating and kept me high for a good four hours, whereas I've smoked lots of 20% plus indicas that were subjectively far less potent so it;s not just the THC that matters.

While a motorised pollinator tumbler will work, I would recommend getting some screen of the right size microns and making your own hash making seive, this just needs to be a wooden frame (a picture/photo frame would be great) that you cover with the sreen, then rub the material lightly on top with your hands over a nice flat surface like a piece of glass, the resin falls through. This produces a much greater yield of resin glands than a motorised tumbler and it is easy to make a very high grade as you can either learn to gauge when to stop rubbing by the colour of your pile of resin (it begins very pale, then goes golden brown like sand, then when you start to see a green tint, you need to stop as plant matter is getting through) or by refining the resin by rubbing it through a second, smaller micron size screen.

The other advantage of water hash is that it is good to smoke straight after it's dry, whereas dry sift is a harsh smoke when freshly rubbed, you need to cure it to get the full taste and smoothness. I have experimented a lot with pressing and heating of sifted resin and I find the best quality smoke is produced by pressing the powder while applying a low heat (less than 50C, such as on top of an audio amplifier or plasma TV) for several days then storing the pressed piece of hash for several weeks before smoking. Sam Skunkman says that dry sifted resin, run through 3 grades of screen to ensure finest purity then aged for at last 6 months is the finest hash and my limited adventures in hash making lead me to agree.

If I was gonna pick any hash to smoke though I would have to go for hand rubbed Nepali charas from highland sativas, so cerebral and uplifting complex high with an equally complex taste. Me and Hazyfontazy got quite annoyed last year while smoking the Nepali water hash as it looked great, felt sticky and lovely, but when smoked only vaguely reminded us of fine Nepali of the past and that was an annoying thing to realise they were making water hash these days with only 10% of the character and flavour of the old hand rubbed product.

D

dna genetics

terpens play a very major role in the High.

nice essay guys wish i could right books like you lol
respect,
A

T

Titoon_29

What l33t says about waterhash being the purest form of cannabis is sorta correct, it's the purest form of THC you can make without solvents and equipment, but cannabis isn't just about THC. Sam Skunkman says he has smoked 100% pure THC and it didn't seem as potent as good 45-50% hash.
Yep ! but i guess for medical purpose, cannabinoids play the strongest effect, i m not sure if terpenes are any help....

I think the other cannabinoids probably do play some role in the nature of the high, I think the effects of a given plant when smoked is a complex summation of the THC plus the cannabinoids and terpenoids, water hash gives you the THC plus a small amount of the terpenpoids, cos not all are washed away (otherwise it would have no smell or taste) but enough is removed to change the character of the effect, for sure. Try making water hash and dry sift from the same buds and when you smoke them both you will see that the nature of the effect is different, the water hash is always more sedative and stony, some say this is greater potency, and in THC percentage, they are right, but potency is a more complex issue than THC percentage.

I ll definetly give it a try next time, but first i have to set up my grow ^^

I've smoked sativas that were probably no more than 12-14% THC that had my pulse racing, heart beating, sweating and kept me high for a good four hours, whereas I've smoked lots of 20% plus indicas that were subjectively far less potent so it;s not just the THC that matters.
I agree with you, my problem is i have no clue how to judge THC ratio, i can only guess that landraces are mostly not high in thc, still sometimes you smoke the one...

While a motorised pollinator tumbler will work, I would recommend getting some screen of the right size microns and making your own hash making seive, this just needs to be a wooden frame (a picture/photo frame would be great) that you cover with the sreen, then rub the material lightly on top with your hands over a nice flat surface like a piece of glass, the resin falls through. This produces a much greater yield of resin glands than a motorised tumbler and it is easy to make a very high grade as you can either learn to gauge when to stop rubbing by the colour of your pile of resin (it begins very pale, then goes golden brown like sand, then when you start to see a green tint, you need to stop as plant matter is getting through) or by refining the resin by rubbing it through a second, smaller micron size screen.

The other advantage of water hash is that it is good to smoke straight after it's dry, whereas dry sift is a harsh smoke when freshly rubbed, you need to cure it to get the full taste and smoothness. I have experimented a lot with pressing and heating of sifted resin and I find the best quality smoke is produced by pressing the powder while applying a low heat (less than 50C, such as on top of an audio amplifier or plasma TV) for several days then storing the pressed piece of hash for several weeks before smoking. Sam Skunkman says that dry sifted resin, run through 3 grades of screen to ensure finest purity then aged for at last 6 months is the finest hash and my limited adventures in hash making lead me to agree.

I did some really nice hash with the screen method, from some nycd/orangebud/citral, with a friend... Leaves were used, but only really nice trim (we could have smoked them i m sure ^^), straight from the freezer... It was smokable straight after, just some hand pressing and warmer, one of the nicest flavour i ve ever come across... but i can t imagine that cured 6 months... Does the complexity of the high evolves with curing, or only taste ?
What would you say happen to the hash to become that wonderful ? The hashy taste you don t feel much in fresh sample become stronger ?

If I was gonna pick any hash to smoke though I would have to go for hand rubbed Nepali charas from highland sativas, so cerebral and uplifting complex high with an equally complex taste. Me and Hazyfontazy got quite annoyed last year while smoking the Nepali water hash as it looked great, felt sticky and lovely, but when smoked only vaguely reminded us of fine Nepali of the past and that was an annoying thing to realise they were making water hash these days with only 10% of the character and flavour of the old hand rubbed product.

I ll keep the charas in mind if i ever came across some ^^ I gave a shot for some rifman hash last year in adam, nice flavored, but i definetly prefer black hash, or nepalese... Still good products, and very uplifting high...

You'ld love australian hash, wally s waterhash from outdoor c99/ssh/local sativa hash is definetly everything but stoney, really strong flavor, so uplifting and euphoric...
I thought my friends wouldn t stand smoking that, cause they don't smoke a lot, but they loved it... just one hit on a joint was enough, 3 were intense (about 0.3g/joint).. non stop laughing, highly cerebral, small changes in perceptions (sounds, colors), for 3 to 5 hours...
And the taste, even not cured, was very nice, spicy, and sometimes too spicy for some samples !
Compared to the aroma of the plants, the water process had certainly wash some terpenes, must be kinda selective process, because the intense smell in the hash was not really to be found in the plants i saw...

Hope we see some in a cup any time soon ^^

DNA genetics > thanks for posting, some of us have time and nothing to do, and good uplifting herb , haven t we BH ? :evilgrin0013:
The jaggen/Jack Flash makes me post more and more ^^

mace> I had a look on genetic profiling, and talked about it with a friend studying biology/pharamacology... The probleme with this stuff is as there is almost no "profile card" (don t know the exact name), which indicate main genes involved in the main strains, you'ld have to do it yourself first, and that means an enormous work, computers, etc... so lot of money...
on the contrary, terpens analysis can be done without much, vaporizer and mass spectrum (well i can t buy one, for sure, but it s available and could be worth it for breeding purpose ).
but so far i have no idea if terpens profile can be related in anyway to genetic profile, i mean how could compare shanti ssh, jack herer, ghs ssh, all same genetics if i remember well... Maybe jack.gh from greenhouse will have a look at this thread and give us some help ^^

Again british hempire thanks for your posts..

I will try to get some more informations on terpenes... for exemple if it s easy to get them, could be interesting to smell and compare, since i ve done some wine tasting i ve applied some of the methods, but i still need the basics smells to get ( for example which would be the combination involving the Diesel taste, i m still trying to figure it out )

Also i read somewhere that eating a mango 1h hour before smoking can improve the high of low grade pot, a tip from ed rosenthal, because you find some common terpenes between manga and weed.. didn t tried it, seems weird...

R

Reeferman

I was fortunate enough to have been a tester for some of this research and I can clearly and in confidence state that high is directly related to ratio's of terpenes in the individual strain of cannabis .

Some of the terpenes clearly match the scents of certain cannabis I am fortunate to have had the exposure to this research as the experience has allowed me to predict with accuracy the high of a given plants based on the scent I have experienced the terpenes from synthetic sources on there own isolated while on controlled consistent levels of clinical THC .
I am very grateful for this this experience as it has improved my skills as a breeder overall .
RM

B

British_Hempire

I did some really nice hash with the screen method, from some nycd/orangebud/citral, with a friend... Leaves were used, but only really nice trim (we could have smoked them i m sure ^^), straight from the freezer... It was smokable straight after, just some hand pressing and warmer, one of the nicest flavour i ve ever come across... but i can t imagine that cured 6 months... Does the complexity of the high evolves with curing, or only taste ?
What would you say happen to the hash to become that wonderful ? The hashy taste you don t feel much in fresh sample become stronger ?

Yes, both the high and the taste change over the cure time, the taste becomes more strong and complex, not sure about the high, i think it becomes a little more 'rounded' as a little oxidisation of THC will occur.

some of us have time and nothing to do, and good uplifting herb , haven t we BH ?

For sure bro, I have nothing to do with my time and a stash of good sativa!

Hey reef, good ifno, thanks. I can see how a familiarity with the individual terpenes would enhance your ability to determine from the smell of a plant the nature of it's effects, DJ short has written a little on this subject as has Mr Alkaline (he was mostly concerned with floral smells and how they contributed to a certain type of happy high).

R

Reeferman

I agreed not to reveal specific effects of isolated terpenes I can say that some terpenes are obvious to major breeds of cannabis and the effects of the high as it relates to those terpenes are a huge part of the chemical make up that effects the high .
A good example is Love potion #1 its smells strongly of matches 1 of the terpenes we found to be most obviously a contributor to the effects of altering the THC on its own .
Robert Clark was also involved in the early tests of these compounds it was most insightful to hear the opinions and observations of those who I respect most in the R and D of cannabinoids for medicine .
This work I am told continues on a larger scale thanks to the gallant efforts of the true pioneers of cannabis culture .
RM

T

Titoon_29

Hey Bh, Reeferman,

glad to see you enjoying the thread !
I had some love potion 1 which smell incredible and taste was incredible, a pure terpene cocktail, and had a really nice euphoric high, not too strong, almost perfect... To bad i didn t kept her ..

I did some wine tasting, i wanted to learn it in order to apply that to herb. I have a good smell, and can detect a lot of differents flavours, but i really need to start vaporizing instead of smoking, because it has some tendancy to lower my perceptions.
I ld love to find some pure terpens to smell, maybe with some training i should be able to notice some of them, who knows ^^ Needs a lot of herbs to smell ...

We did some wine tasting along with herb, and it s interesting to see how terpenes can let you a taste really long in the mouth. the diesel line is impossible to smoke before any tasting, at least for 20/30 minutes after. But mostly wine and weed are not compatible, at least smoking weed.

Also, some herb have some kind of 3 differents taste, when you inhale, keep the smoke, exhale. Depending on the curing and maturity, i found that most herbs one or different tastes, and some rare have 3. One of the rare was C99 from female Seeds, it was really different, you could smoke that for hours!!!

With the standardized smoke report going on Ic and here, that could be interesting to try to cross the smell and high datas, it will be long but it could be interesting.. i m gonna work on that...

++

T

Titoon_29

Just found some interesting stuff about terpens and maize

Terpens are a lot more than only involved in taste, as the giberrelin for exemple, well known hormone, is a diterpenoid acid.
From the terpen profile can be deducted some genetic history too, as they ve done for maize.

Terpens also seems to play a role in the plant defense against his environment, and insects...

Really interesting stuff, i can understand why you love working with them Reeferman !

P

PeePeePete

Ah, go on, Reeferman.

What did Sam teach you about Terpenes and their interaction with THC?
I won't tell a soul

Nice post, Titoon, something new and interesting.

L

l33t

So that was what i was thinking, but wasn t sure... I remember reading a post from l33t stating that still waterhash is the purest form of cannabis... guess he s right in a way, probably the medical one, higher thc so better medication, with less effect (high)

Hi all

Hey Titoon_29,

I never posted that waterhash is the purest form of cannabis..

What I posted was:
"Icehash gives some of the purest hash..."
"Bubble is one of the purest ways of getting some of the best end-product as no solvents are used like butane or alcohol in this process..only cold water and ice."

I think dry sieve extraction can give the best tasting hash and the high can be better but with water/ice extraction methods you are not using any solvents (like with alcohol or gas extractions) and most importantly you can yield very well easily and get almost zero contaminants in the final product , something difficult with dry sieve hashmaking.
BHO is good if you want the highest thc concentration or you also want to extract the resin from Capitate-Sessile trichome glands that don't have stalk/have very short stalks. Their resin can be extracted with alcohol too , like when using leaf or immature material , something almost impossible with dry sieve or waterhash methods as they are more close to the epidermis of the material and more stuck on it.

Personally I love all extraction methods as each has its pros and cons.. so I chose depending on what material I m using .

Reeferman,

I have to agree that aromas are indicators about the type of high.

I really like to spend lots of time connecting the dots between all the different smells and smoke effects.

BTW here is a nice chart I had found over another canna site few months ago

|33t

89791512 blueberry chart
T

Titoon_29

Hey L33t, glad to see you around !!!! Welcome on THC Farmer.

I'm really sorry for my mistake, saying what you didn t said... Too much amnesia these days, again my mistake !!!
Anyway in my head i wrote that you said waterhash was the purest form of hash, but i put cannabis... for sure bho, and budder, are more concentrated, thanks for reminding that...
I agree with "Icehash gives some of the purest hash...", still sometimes the terpens get washed in the process, and loosing some of them seems to lower the high, we agree too !...I am indeed more interested in flavour, so dry sieve hash should be my way to , but i have to compare, as i m sure it will change from strain to another.
I need to start taking more notes about flavour/high...

L33t, thanks for your post, i really enjoyed reading all your posts on ic about hash in my looking for terpens informations!!

Look what i found :
Lime oil :
Monoterpens:
limonen (68.66%),
alpha-pinen (4.38%),
béta-pinen (8.36%),
gamma-terpinen (5.52%),
myrcen (1.31%),
terpinolen (0.52%)

And i got the chance to have some with me, gonna give it a try, not sure about smoking the oil on the buds, or putting the buds in same plastic bag as oil and wait..
i need to find some weak buds to try this, cause ecsd, amnesia, bubba, cheese are just so full of terpens :D

++

L

l33t

Hi titoon

Thanks for the welcome man :)

As for what I had posted on waterhash, absolutely no worries man , and glad we agree on different hash making methods.

Just like you , I need to keep more notes on aromas/flavor/high etc etc lol so many things to do..so little time ..and too much cannabis lol We're doing our best!

Regarding terpens , it would really be interesting to see if your idea works. I don't know if you could try eating the bud+lime oil , not sure what the results would be , but wouldn't hurt trying would it ;) Perhaps a chemist could isolate the desired mono-terpens from the oil and add it to the bud before smoking it..and then play with the ratios/quantities..Just thinking out loud here

For now maybe trying a vaporizer ? cause I wouldn't want to smoke it on buds to be honest ,at least in ''large'' quantities..

heres a PDF I found online , seems to be relevant , title is :
''Evaluation of Lime Oil Evaluation of Lime oil for Use as a Cigarette Ingredient'' link:

B

British_Hempire

Hey l33t, good to see ya here, very familiar with your work from other places, in fact I believe we were having a nice debate on the Haze topic somewhere else! lol

I think there is a ways to go in our general understanding of terpenes, as more data is generally available to us hopefully eventually we will be able to know that lemony smells, for example, equate to a particular character of high, that rotten meats smells indicate another type of effect, it is important info and apart from one or two people this info isn't widely known yet.

perhaps you could try mixing a little cannabis oil with the line oil for testing of terpene effects?

P

PeePeePete

What we need is a database of smells and perceived response.

Do you think Logic would add a separate section/question to the smoke report template with regard to building data for an answer?

Or would a thread asking for favourite stoned experiences and what was the flavour of the bud be of more use?

Top Bottom