TEST GROW 126w LED Urkle x White SCROG

• Thread starter Tobor the 8th Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
The Joker

The Joker

Looking good man. Now that I chucked my waterfarms... perhaps a large pot SCROG would be in order.

Impressive as usual.

K

KING_KONG_KOLAS

O hell yea brother!! Nice update!! Cant wait to see her close to finish time!!

H

hclip

Damn Tobor! things are looking great! Glad those buds finally got some smell going on. Cant wait to see the final harvest. You've inspired me with that scrog!

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Updates?? Updates?? I got the near final update.

The plant was chopped last night. I am totally happy with the quality of the buds under LED. They have an unreal density, very sticky and pretty dang frosty. They had a mild fruity, skunky, hashish smell to them before the chop.

These were cut, trimmed and all the buds snipped off the stems. There is minimal stick left in the buds. After trim there is 275 grams of undried buds. They have been placed on a screen to dry and will be weighed on friday. Due to the bud density I will be surprised if they don't maintain 30% or more of their weight. It still isn't going to be any where near what I was aiming for but it actually is pretty nice results. Enough for me to give this another go in my own grow room and under my care exclusively.

Here are the pics before the chop.

DSCN0846
DSCN0847
DSCN0854
DSCN0856
DSCN0857
DSCN0858
DSCN0859
DSCN0860
DSCN0861
DSCN0862
DSCN0863
DSCN0864
DSCN0865
DSCN0866
Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Here are the harvest pics. The last pic is the only popcorn bud there was.

DSCN0867
DSCN0868
DSCN0869
DSCN0870
DSCN0871
DSCN0872
DSCN0873
DSCN0874
DSCN0875
DSCN0876
DSCN0877
DSCN0878
xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
very nice good job with the grow tobar

beezleb878

beezleb878

Talk about a coincidence, I just came to look at LCD grows but before I searched that I just hit new posts and bam, I click on it and see its done. Gonna get my read on and before I read anything other than your last post I say many thanks!

Edited in:
Great read and Happy Growing. You do an amazing Scrog!

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Sick work Tobor! Now I'm really embarassed about my yield... :itwasntme Good thing I'll get another shot in the future...

LordDankinstien

LordDankinstien

shit came out great!!! Sorry I havent posted those pics yet, Ive been super busy and just got married last week and was gone on a honeymoon, now I come back and my lap top takes a shit so....I think you shit looks just as good as mine if not better!!! I'll im pretty much convinced on buying one of these units.

R

ReadySetGrowD9

gorgeous bro..... cant wait to see what ur dry weight is.... to me this is proof that the LEDs are more then capable of growing ver nice budz :) thanks for the show, cant wait for ur next one :)

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Thanks for the positive vibes people.

Congrats on your marriage Lorddank! Wishing you happiness.

I waited 9 days before weighing the buds. I ended up with 88 grams of buds. I mean just buds too. It dried to 31% of the wet weight of 275 grams. I think since there was no center bud stick it made a better dry weight. In my scroggs the budlets grow up off the stick and not up along it. Not until the upturned ends at least. Then you cut it off and the stick is left behind. If it was all one bigger bud the center stem stick would still be in there and stems loose a lot of water weight.

The buds are very firm. They break up nicely though and aren't those unbreakable, fireproof beaster buds that come around sometimes. They are quality buds that burn right up and smoke smooth with an excellent buzz. I can tell the white is in there in some of the hits. That dank hashy sweet underlying flavor. But there is a surprisingly strong lemon flavor in there.

I am very pleased with the buddage. I got a 1/2 pint mason jar and my apprentice got the rest. He is most pleased.

I have the light now. I will do a regular scrogg and not a quicky scrog. This time I will veg the plant under the LED and tie and train as I grow. The last time I just bent a plant over and tied where it would go. Next time she will be my slave girl and do and go where I want and provide me with more buddage.

I give the LED a totally passing grade. As I stated earlier in the thread space, budget, power, heat and stealth all come into play when someone chooses a light. I can see these things becoming hugely popular just because of the potential high stealth from no heat and noise, minimal venting problems and low power consumption.

You would need more of these to cover the same area as larger HID. I need to play around with a few more grows. Compare bush grow, sog grow and scrog grow before I would say LED will replace HID.

I will say this right now though. LED's can produce quality buds like an HID and enough weight to make them totally viable and worth playing with.

The following applications should make them very popular. Students in dorm rooms. A grower who rents and the electric is included. The low wattage will blend right in with the electric bill. Growers who live in warm climates. Any grower with a small space. LED will have a niche.

All that said if I was buying a new light now and had a big space I would buy a 1000w HPS/MH for $300. I am not spending the money to go LED. They have to come down to the same price before I would consider it. But if I was in college I would spend the money to have one for all the reasons stated.

There is no controversy for me on LEDs anymore. They can grow great buds. End of story.

Thanks for the test run Ledgirl.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Think about how a bud grows on an upright plant. You have the main colas sticking straight up in the air towards the sun. When you harvest and cut that top bud off it looks like a solid big bud. In actuality it is numerous small budlets that grew up along the center stem and formed the colas. You know when you take that bud out of the jar, lay it on the table, weigh it and then start to snip off one of the bottom budlets and smoke it. You keep snipping off the budlets until you have a stick left. Right? But when that bud was in your bag and weighed it had the stick inside, wrapped up in all those budlets.

When you do a proper scrog you have the branch tied down horizontal when it flowers. The budlets do not grow up along the stick to form the big bud with the stem in the center. They grow straight up away from the center stem and make individual 1 budlet colas. You cut them off from the stem and then bag them. You don't get to count all that center bud stem weight and the stem never enters the weigh calculation.

That is what you want to do for a scrog. You want each budlet to stand on it's own and get as much light as possible. You want all the budlets to be at the same level so one is not dominant over the others.

If you had a 1 ounce pile of fresh stems and a once ounce pile of fresh sticky buds and no stems and then dry them the bud pile will weigh more than the stick pile after a full dry. Buds have the trichs and resin. They will lose water weight but still have the trich and resin weight. The sticks will just dry and they loose almost all their weight because they were holding a lot more moisture inside the stems.

Now even when you scrog as good as you can eventually a bud tip will face up towards the light and the few budlets on that bud tip will form a normal mini colas where the buds grow up along the stem. But before that all along that branch the budlets are standing up on their own.

I hope that makes sense because that is the best I can do unless I make a drawing and that could get ugly being a stick figure artist like myself. LOL!

BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

Very impressive Tobar.
I am glad you got some dank from it.
You give me hope my second run will be better then the first.

whitelion

whitelion

Everything you said is so true! Cant wait for Round 2 :smiley_joint:

R

ReadySetGrowD9

tobor thanks for that explaination you should write a book bro, i find myself always reading everything you have to say lol

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Thanks again everyone. Readysetgrow you should always check, double check and recheck my posts. LOL! Thanks for the kind words though.

Froggy when I do a planned scrog I start scrogging when the plant just starts growing. Get a clone rooted or seedling started put it in the pot you will use. Put the screen about 4-6 inches above the soil so the plant sticks up through and start to LST tie down the branches as they grow.

My best technique is to let a clone grow to a foot or so and don't cut any branches. You can top it to help branching. You know how all those little branches grow out of the base? I like to get a bunch of them about 6 inches tall. Then I cut the main stem off right above where all those little branches come out. Even if it is a big beautiful plant I chop it right down. Now you have all those small branches to start the scrog and you have the root system of a much larger plant. By the time the branches fill the screen there is a big root system to make buds.

I tie all growing tips down as they grow. Tie and when they are 3 inches or so up in the air tie them again. Then I keep tying for the first 2 weeks after the flip.

You can also just get a clone, let it veg awhile. Then keep topping or whatever to get it to branch a lot. Then transplant to final pot and tie all those branches flat to the screen. Then veg until the screen is 2/3 full or more and flip.

The tying down as it grows is what makes a scrog a scrog IMHO. Letting whole colas grow up through a grid isn't really a scrog. It is a trellis grow for bud stick support.

Top Bottom