Test time

• Thread starter Hidd3nGr0w
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

Wanted to start a thread on testers of my own stock I am running so I have a photo record for comparisons later. These are all mixed poly-hybrids of unknown origin from bagseed that was pollinated by an unknown male. From what I understand the OG Kush I was smoking at the time (mid 2000's) probably wasn't OG Kush, and the Blue Dreams, Sour D's and Blueberries were probably not what we thought they were either. Irregardless it was all great smoke or I would not have kept the seeds. So I am sorting through stuff to see if I can find anything worthwhile. Trust, I am sure if other, more experienced growers were to smoke the finished products they would say "this is this or that" so I take no credit for anything seen here, since it originally came from someone else's hard work all I did was cross a male to a bunch of females. And away we go.....
Wkw1wk3

I call this WKW (Who Knows What) 1, at day 16, and it did get a seed from a plant I had go nanners on me. I tried my best to spray it down twice a day to not let this happen, but not well enough I see. I think the leaf above it blocked the misting. If it was completely seeded I would ditch it and re-run the clone I have later, but I can deal with one

Oss1 wk2

This is OSS (Old School Shit) 1, day 9, and unseeded, It was slow to flip taking 2 weeks to start showing pistils, and a week behind the first pic. Nice squat structure with minimal stretch. Seems like a good indoor variety.
Wkw3 wk2

This is WKW 3, day 9 as well, taking 2 weeks to start flower after flip and also with low stretch and squat appearance. Very similar to the OSS1.

This is to help with my record keeping and maybe get some feed back on anything out of the ordinary or deficiencies observed by anyone who cares to leave a comment. I am really stoked to see trich's starting early like this in all the plants and I consider that to be a good sign, of course I could be raising, as others have called it "Pretendica" and have pretty frosty plants with no kick. Only time will tell.

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

I am intrigued to see what you end up with. I, as I am sure most other did, started out growing bagseed and no name seeds from old school growers. Some days I still wish I had held on tighter to some of those genetics. Just a tip that doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things, "irregardless" is not actually a word. I wish you well with your grow! Positive vibes...

~nugzz

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

I see your
I am intrigued to see what you end up with. I, as I am sure most other did, started out growing bagseed and no name seeds from old school growers. Some days I still wish I had held on tighter to some of those genetics. Just a tip that doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things, "irregardless" is not actually a word. I wish you well with your grow! Positive vibes...

~nugzz
I see your point, by saying irregardless I have actually given it regard, and made the word pointless. Well played sir! Kinda like begging a question!

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Wanted to start a thread on testers of my own stock I am running so I have a photo record for comparisons later. These are all mixed poly-hybrids of unknown origin from bagseed that was pollinated by an unknown male. From what I understand the OG Kush I was smoking at the time (mid 2000's) probably wasn't OG Kush, and the Blue Dreams, Sour D's and Blueberries were probably not what we thought they were either. Irregardless it was all great smoke or I would not have kept the seeds. So I am sorting through stuff to see if I can find anything worthwhile. Trust, I am sure if other, more experienced growers were to smoke the finished products they would say "this is this or that" so I take no credit for anything seen here, since it originally came from someone else's hard work all I did was cross a male to a bunch of females. And away we go.....
View attachment 929981
I call this WKW (Who Knows What) 1, at day 16, and it did get a seed from a plant I had go nanners on me. I tried my best to spray it down twice a day to not let this happen, but not well enough I see. I think the leaf above it blocked the misting. If it was completely seeded I would ditch it and re-run the clone I have later, but I can deal with one

View attachment 929986
This is OSS (Old School Shit) 1, day 9, and unseeded, It was slow to flip taking 2 weeks to start showing pistils, and a week behind the first pic. Nice squat structure with minimal stretch. Seems like a good indoor variety.
View attachment 929991
This is WKW 3, day 9 as well, taking 2 weeks to start flower after flip and also with low stretch and squat appearance. Very similar to the OSS1.

This is to help with my record keeping and maybe get some feed back on anything out of the ordinary or deficiencies observed by anyone who cares to leave a comment. I am really stoked to see trich's starting early like this in all the plants and I consider that to be a good sign, of course I could be raising, as others have called it "Pretendica" and have pretty frosty plants with no kick. Only time will tell.
and this is how you get experience to next adventure friend ,good luck and work um

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

Alrighty then! Time to fix my stoner moment faux pas before this turns into accusations of pic shenanigans or high fakery. I have mislabeled pics which is better than mislabeled plants. Mislabeled pic was labeling what was actually WKW5 as WKW1 and Instead of trying to edit, I will just make it right and move forward.
WKW5

This is WKW5. Not worried about stretch this run. Just checking seed sex and product.
OSS1

This is OSS1 same as labeled pic from the start. Still stretching a little. She is moving right along. Leaf damage is handling and being against tent wall.
WKW3

WKW3 same as from the start. Broken branch had to have support. Again, things are moving right along.
WKW1

This is THE WKW1. Short plant, minimal stretch compared to WKW5. Rolling right along.

Sorry, for the mislabeling. Caught it early enough that it should not be an issue or reason for suggestions of Tomfoolery! Thanks for stopping in any comments or suggestions are much appreciated.

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

So I pulled the testers out of the tent to give them a good heavy water and remove dead lower leaf's and give them a good over all inspection, I do not like having my plants packed into the tent as tight as they have been, which is basically just asking for trouble, even with good air movement, good air exchange, and temps running 75F lights on, 70F lights out. All of the first four testers did get top dressed amendments this week, which should take them to the end. After reading a lot of what the more experienced growers have shared I decided to go with my Fox Farms All Purpose Organic Ferts which are NPK rated 5-5-5 (I am near the end of my bag of the old recipe) instead of the usual Fox Farms Fruit and Flower Organic Ferts which is 4-9-3 ( I have the new recipe of this). I gave each one a level table spoon in the solo, even though the directions said 1/2 a cup for plants a foot tall.
Group1

I got a few closeups as well

Wkw1

Wkw1 rolling right along. Doesn't really have a strong odor yet and hasn't really packed on a lot of trich's since the first photo. Still a month left and could be because of the distance from the light.

Wkw3

This is Wkw3 so far the most impressive, it already has that sick, stink, funk. Which is really sad, because my keys fell out of my jacket pocket while watering and killed the cutting I had of this. I already know I am going to cut the tops at harvest, repot the plant and try to get it to reveg, which will be a first for me. It reeks!

Wkw5

This is Wkw5 the plant that had the seed. Still looking good not as frosty or as funky as Wkw3, but it does have both, and it is way ahead of Wkw1 even with the seed.

Oss1

This is the Oss1. Trichs looking good, structure looking good, no real smell yet, just a hint. And before you go there, the white spots are not bugs, the ash fell off my doobie onto the plant while snapping pics. I did want to add something interesting to this pic from the veg tent, where I have the cutting of this plant rooted and growing in a pot now getting ready to be flowered full size run next.
Oss1veg

The hollow main stalk looks amazing, like a fire truck hose. I pinched it just below the top, but that looks like a nutrient super highway!

As always any comments, tips, or critique is much appreciated and thanks for viewing!

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

Next up we have some more testers that are currently being evaluated. These are going to look a little droopy. They were allowed to go a little long between waterings, which was my bad, I hope the ladies can forgive me!
2wkw

These are the rest of the WKW (Who Knows What) line, there is one more but it was so sad and droopy I did not want to show it. I waited entirely too long to water it. Severely stressed now, she will have to wait till later to make an appearance.

2sw

This is the progeny of the second pheno of a Sour D x White Widow cross (SDxWW bx2), II SW (or II Sour Widow)
If interested you can view the first pheno progeny in my "Ain't that a pisser" thread in the Advanced Tech section. Its ugly but getting worked out and I have some idea now on what these ladies need, or rather do not need. I have noticed the the leaf's on the left hand plant seem to be a little wider than that of the first pheno progeny, could just be an illusion due to plant size. I will not know for sure till I grow these out full size.

Thanks for viewing, and as always any comments, tips, or critique is much appreciated!

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Bigger pots equal bigger plants and will give you a better idea of each cross. If room is an issue (when isn't it?) just do a couple at a time.

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

Thanks for the input, I appreciate it for real.
I goofed and ended up with way more plants than I wanted and now I am like I can not get rid of them till I see what they do. LoL You never know which one might be THE ONE, when playing bean poppin bingo!

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Thanks for the input, I appreciate it for real.
I goofed and ended up with way more plants than I wanted and now I am like I can not get rid of them till I see what they do. LoL You never know which one might be THE ONE, when playing bean poppin bingo!
Yup, never fails. Looking forward to see what's ya got. It's like bag seed, never know until you grow but it's always fun.

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

Time for another update. I am about 2 weeks away from the harvest window opening on my testers. Not a lot of change from the previous posts, my experience has been that a lot of the magic happens in the last 2 or 3 weeks before harvest anyway so I wanted an update before then. And away we go.....
Wkw3repot

We have Wkw3 re-potted for the last 2-3 weeks. It is the pheno so far with the strongest nose, its loud. As stated earlier, I damaged the cutting of this one beyond repair, so I will be attempting my first re-veg with this one. Only taking the top cola of each branch I hope I will have enough vegetation left for it to make it through the reversing from flower.
Wkw3close

As seen in the close up, still some clear trichs left, as it should be with at least 2 weeks left.
Wkw5

Wkw5close

This is Wkw5. Its a nice plant, taller and lankier than its sisters, but still a nice plant. Unfortunately its not what I am looking for in this search. It was the first to flower of this group, and now it is starting to lag behind. It was way ahead of Wkw1 at one time but now it has been surpassed by it. Almost like it hit a plateau it could not push past. The seed it has came on early and should not have held it back this late in the game. IMO. Depending on effects Wkw5 may not be back in the garden after this run.
Wkw1

Wkw1close

This is Wkw1. Not as loud as Wkw3 but now ahead of Wkw5. Not as frosty as Wkw3 but frostier than Wkw5. Its almost like this pheno is the bridge between Wkw3 and Wkw5 and depending on the effects of all the phenos I will decide what to keep. As of right now my gut tells me hang on to this in case Wkw3 does not re-veg and drop Wkw5, that is unless by some miracle of nature I smoke Wkw5 and it peels my wig. Just have to wait and see.
Oss1

Oss1close

This is Oss1. The differences between this and the Wkw line are becoming obvious. I do not know if the pictures really show the differences that can be seen in side by side comparison. The Oss pistils are numerous and very thin compared to the Wkw line as well as the bud structure seeming to be more ball like, fatter and rounder than the Wkw. I have not showed it previously, but she has a sister growing that is a couple of weeks behind her and seems to be a whole lot stronger and more along the lines of what I am looking for out of this line.
Oss sisters

Oss2close

For this Oss2 plant to be 2-3 weeks behind it has already caught its sister in height, as well as bud size and seems to have already surpassed it in trich coverage. The smoke test will be the determining factor in what stays in the medicine cabinet. Getting close now to getting all these plants (way more than I expected to germinate) sorted out into keepers/cullers.

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

Continuing with the testers, we have the rest of the Wkw line, currently making their way to the cat-walk we have....
Wkw6

This is Wkw6, who was allowed to go way dry and was severely stressed out. As you can see all she has are her tops none of the lower nodes seem to have buds forming. Truthfully, I do not know why I keep it around. I guess I always look for the good in things and think maybe, just maybe, it may turn into something. Then reality steps in and smacks me in the mouth and says NOT, but I still can't help but try.
Wkw4

Wkw4 close

This is Wkw4. Very close in appearance to Wkw5, its a little shorter, maybe due to stretch, but otherwise they look the same. Not what I am looking for here either. The smoke test will make it or break it.
Wkw2

Wkw2close

Wkw2 here. Very similar to Wkw1. No real smell to it, but the trichs are looking good. Needs a couple more weeks to mature. Its showing some things I am looking for, just need to see how it develops.
SW2

SW2close

This is II SW2 which is progeny of pheno 2 of a Sour Widow cross or Sour Widow(SourDxWhiteWidow) X Sour Widow (SourDxWW). I really like the structure on this one compared to the progeny of pheno number 1 and the early frost coverage. These also seem to have no problems with nutrient issues as I am keeping these on the same feed and waterings as all the other plants.
Sw4

SW4close

II SW4 looks almost exactly like the progeny of pheno1 and very different from its sister shown here. The leaf's are thin by comparison and is really evident in side by side. It appears to be more lanky than IISW2 and not as frosty or rather the trichs do not seem as big. Still have a ways to go before they finish and I will reserve judgement till they are done and we have the smoke test.

Thanks to all who stop by. Comments and critique are always welcome and appreciated!

cloudyhelads

cloudyhelads

I just read through this. What an excellent thread. Very clear language, crisp photos: really nice job so far. I have a lot of history with both WW and SD and can’t wait to see what you find with these crosses. Thank you for posting your experiments in such an accessible way. I look forward to your future posts.

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

I just read through this. What an excellent thread. Very clear language, crisp photos: really nice job so far. I have a lot of history with both WW and SD and can’t wait to see what you find with these crosses. Thank you for posting your experiments in such an accessible way. I look forward to your future posts.
Thanks for the kind words. I am no master grower or breeder, but I sure am having fun! Should have another update in 2 weeks when there is something to see. Thanks again for stopping in!

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

but I sure am having fun!
This is what growing/breeding and life is all about! Having fun! I like that you are flowering them in solo cups. It reminds me of the homie JAWS who taught me to grow in 2 liter soda bottles haha! I wish you well with your project! Positive vibes...

~nugzz

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

Quick update with more to follow . Getting to the end on the first testers shown and probably will not show them again before they get cut. First off the Wkw3 and Wkw5 were cut down early, they had issues which could have been spider mites or a micro nute def. Since I could not be sure I chopped them. Wkw5 is being culled and Wkw3 is in re-veg so I can monitor it and see if the issue persists or works itself out in the new soil. I would rather work out mites in my veg tent instead of my flower tent anyway. The issue can be seen in this thread.

Here Wkw3 is in the veg tent.
Wkw3

The other two plants Wkw1 and Oss1 have completed week 8 so they are sitting at day 60 and 58 respectively. I am just waiting to see one amber head and they will come down too.
Wkw1
Wkw1

Wkwc1

Wkw1c2

This plant looks pretty close to finished. Saturday will be end of week 9, and I am thinking it may go between 65-70 days I am not pulling it till I see the first amber trich. I need an accurate day count on it for the full grow of it coming up after the clone has a couple months to train and fully veg.

This is Oss1
Oss1

Oss1c1

Oss1c2

The Oss1 seems to have at least another full week or two if not more to reach completion. I am a little miffed by what appears to be a nanner in the first photo. I have been fooled by this plant a couple times already thinking I saw one just to have it split into separate pistils later. Keeping an eye on this one though, it looks like it might be real deal and if it is, it will be culled, as its sister Oss2 hasn't shown even a hint of one. So far Oss2 appears to be the better pheno of the two. I have more reviews coming up of her and the other testers.

Thanks for stopping by, and any comments or critiques, are much appreciated.

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

On with the show, lets git it.
Oss2
Oss2c

Oss2 is looking good. Will be finishing week 7 Saturday and I am stoked with this plant. Doesn't really have a distinct smell or maybe the smell just isn't registering with me, smells like vicks vapor rub. So far this seems to be the best of the bunch as far as trich production. I hope the effects are the same. Pardon the ash on the leaf, I really should stop smoking doobs with the tent open.
Wkw6

Wkw6c

Wkw6 is playing catch up right now. Buds have doubled in size but not with corresponding trich coverage. I am to blame though, letting it get severely stressed due to a neglectful drought. She is bouncing back though and might show something before its finished.
Wkw4
Wkw4c

Wkw4 seems to be right in line with the standard for the Wkw line so far. Nothing really stellar or an attention grabber like the Wkw3 pheno. Still, not a bad looking plant and still has a couple weeks left.
Wkw2

Wkw2c

Wkw2 still looking pretty uniform and standard for this Wkw line. Wkw2 & 4 should be in the harvest window in 2 more weeks, Wkw6 may go a little longer due to the stress at first. None of these Wkw phenos seem to be as good as the Wkw1 or 3 pheno's. I am really looking forward to running both of those (1&3) to full size (for my tent) to see what I really have. I have more seed stock, on these, so I have plenty more to test. So far though, in this test run pheno's 1 and 3 are going to be the standard with 3 being what I really want. I hope it will re-veg in a couple months.
IISW2
IISW2c

This is the Sour Widow pheno IISW2. Everything is cruising right along. No nutrient issues either in over/under feeding and she is starting to mature. The progeny of this pheno do not seem to be having the same issues as the progeny from another pheno from a different thread. Trichs seem small compared to the other lines I am working, but if they are numerous that's not going to be a big deal to me
IISW4

IISW4c

This is IISW4. I am really liking what I am seeing here. Not so much the trich coverage or the overall size of the bud or plant, but more so how it looks. It definitely has a more sativa look to it with the long skinny cola and may end up being exactly what I am after. This plant is still very immature in flower cycle and if its cola's fatten up like I am hoping it may end up being the keeper I am trying to find, especially if it has that really racy high when its finished. A lot of the old school stuff I really enjoyed in my youth were not the super frosty stuff of today, I actually enjoy that "look over your shoulder", super paranoid high. I am eyeballing this one for sure.

Thanks everyone for stopping in and as always any comments or critique are much appreciated! More to come.....

Lilolme

Lilolme

Hey bud lovin the experiments, you spoke of a re-veg project so I thought I would chime in. I picked a little stem out of my trim trash stuck it in a rockwool cube and put it in a little class terrarium. Put it on my Wifeys work desk in just whatever sunlight there was and gave it a little water once in a while. It rooted pretty good so I started wondering what to do with it. My dream of a weed growin machine began. Built the ugliest bucket dwc in the world and stuck a light over it. About 4 thousand pounds of trim later I ended up with a friggin monster. If you try it you will need a lot of room and prepare to trim veg till your sick of it.
4A436494 E015 48BD AA06 EAC4E1D03014
97CCA887 7D36 48CC 8D4C 46D622A92DAF
436E06A4 D822 433C 958C 889D13E03BB5

Top Bottom