Test time

• Thread starter Hidd3nGr0w
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

Finishing up the updates, lets git it...
IISW3
IISW3c

Here is IISW3. Like all the other pheno's of the progeny of the #2 mom of the original remake of the Sour Widow or "IISW" these show no signs of adverse reaction to over/under feeding as seen in the progeny from a different mom in my other thread. Seems strange, but it is what it is and I am just going to roll with it. Noticeably different is the leaf shape of this pheno as it does not exhibit the skinny fingers of the other progeny, but has wider fingers. I have not run either the SourD or White Widow to know which parent this is more like. Buds are starting to form on top of what was there previously, almost like "foxtailing", but I think it is attributable to finally receiving more direct light now rather than heat. Trich production as of this update seems the same between all pheno's from the progeny of this mom and the other. I am eager for these to finish so I can sample the product.

IISW5
IISWc

IISW5 here. Very close if not an exact copy of IISW3. Once again I am eager for these to finish.

IISW6
IISW6c

IISW6 here same report as the previous 2, no real noticeable difference between these 3 pheno's.

IISW1
IISW1c

IISW1 here and it looks more like pheno's 2&4 from the previous report. More narrow leaf fingers than the pheno's above and it seems to be producing brand new cola's, as all these do, with the direct light they are receiving now.

I am eager for all these testers to finish so I can make room for up-potting in the veg tent, but not so much that I will not let them finish. As of right now pheno's 1, 2, 4 are like the other progeny from mom 1, and 3, 5, and 6 have a completely different look. If 1, 2, and 4 have the same smell and flavor profiles as the progeny from mom 1 I will be culling the clones from my "aint that a pisser" thread which is from mom 1. I would rather work the progeny of this line since it seems more stable. I hope to find something in these testers, the progeny of mom 2, once I re-run them as actual plants, and start looking for a male within this progeny line to use to make seed from, of both a wide and skinny leaf pheno's, as well as any smell/flavor profiles that may be different between them all. That is going to be awhile from now, since I still have the progeny from mom 3 to go into. Before I do that, I want to explore the Oss line and continue my work with two clones I have kept on back burner while sorting through this stuff, from my Schweady Balls and Triple Beam seed lines from completely different seed making adventures.

Thanks again to everyone who has stopped in and as always any comments or critiques are much appreciated!

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

Just wanted to drop a quick update on the testers. I am starting to cull now based on a variety of factors that vary from plant to plant. I will be narrowing down even further after the full grow is finished for each of the "right now" keepers. First up will be the Oss2. So far no nanners or pollen sacks and its starting to put on weight and frost starting week 9. I am going to keep the re-run of it in veg for at least 6-8 weeks and really top and train it for max (or the best I can do) yield. Any way lets take a look......
Oss2

Oss2c

Both the Oss phenos are going to get full grows. If the Oss2 plant can keep from nanners, Oss1 will be culled. Oss2 is just a stronger pheno and the one worth keeping of the two. As of right now I am thinking this may go 9 1/2 - 10 weeks before finished. Not many clear trichs left, as a matter of fact its mostly cloudy with a chance of amber. I am not planning to harvest till ambers appear.

I decided after last weeks update to go with the IISW2 pheno as my keeper. It seems like it is not as airy as IISW4 which has been culled but will be allowed to go full term in the cup. I also decided on IISW3 and IISW5 from the phenos's that are 2 weeks behind the others. My keeper IISW2 pheno is already in flower as a full grown plant. Not going for yield but more to see how it looks from full veg.
IISW2

I am going a different route with the IISW line in the full grows of the pheno's. I have switched nutrient lines switching from the Fox Farm dry amendment line to the Roots Uprising line, using only the Grow and Foundation dry amendments and will be using the Bloom tea as a P source for just a couple of feedings. I will also be dropping the MammothP from their diet as well. So far the IISW line seems more stable going into week 8, but I think that has to do with changing the amendments of my previous work with this cross from bloom nutes (high P) to grow nutes (5-5-5) and dropping the MammothP (nothing against this product) through flower.
As of right now, with the full grow of IISW2, I think I could have gone with half of the half suggested amount with the new nutrients. Its just starting week 1 of flower (2nd week since light change), and I may push the next feedings back a week or two since I am starting to see slight N claw. Just have to wait and see how it plays out. If it persists I will do a hard flush.

So far I am keeping the Wkw 1, 2, 3, and 6 pheno's. Both 1 and 2 are in full grow flower now 3 is in re-veg (I hope) and 6 is vegging for its full grow run. I will choose between 1 and 2 after their run, though both may be culled if 3 will re-veg. Pheno 6 seems to be coming on strong (update soon) after its sever stress and making up for lost time. If it wants to live that strongly it can not be all bad and deserves its shot.

Thanks to all who stop in and any comments or critique are always welcome!

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Neat stuff! Lots going on and a full flower space. Does look like youre having fun!

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

Quick update. I finally saw something interesting coming out of the Wkw (Who Knows What) line. Well at least it is interesting to me. First time having double serrated edge leaf's. I say first time, but maybe a better way of saying it is that it is the first time I have noticed them. Came out in my Wkw2 pheno which I was not going to keep, but the clone veg'd so well I threw it in flower. The sun even shines on a dogs ass some days.
Wkw2

Big ups to the community here for already having the answers to the questions I had about it.

Now if I can find the answer for strains with big football shaped fan leafs, I might be able to piece together what these bag seeds may have been. Any help is much appreciated.
Oss1

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

Not much happening with the testers now. Everything is pretty much on cruise control either finishing flower, starting flower, or being veg'd up for next flower run. Hopefully will have the veg box up and running again soon so I can take my veg tent back to flower tent status.
All the IISW progeny are about done, I feel like a monkey as many nanners as I have pulled off these plants. As I have said before I do not remember having this issue when I ran it outside many years ago, maybe I just did not know any better or what I was looking at so it did not register, but I see it now. I have acquired a ton of knowledge on the Sour Diesel line over the last 4-5 months, thanks to all the THCFarmer fam for all the insights, and have come to the conclusion this is normal, maybe not as full blown as mine, but normal.
All my plants from this cross seem ultra finicky, and each grow I have learned more about what it needs or does not need. The nanners have started showing up later and later from starting at week 6 to now starting at week 8. From full blown nanner plantation to just a couple per plant that are easily removed with tweezers. No close ups this time, not really anything to see, a lot of foxtails and airy bud in the testers, but enough to catch some smells, a full range of sweet herbs from a greek restaurant, to the old tire shop and I will be running these as full grown plants as soon as they are done vegging. Saturday will be the start of week 10 for these and I will be chopping them. From what I have read here from the guys/gals who do grow Sour Diesel on the regular, they are pulling their plants when they start to see nanners, usually around this same time, so I think I will follow this advice and do the same, at least it is end of week 9 and not week 6.

IISW

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

I am beginning to wonder how long this Oss2 pheno is going to go. Saturday will be the end of week 10 and I have yet to see any amber trichs. The clear are all gone and everything appears to be a rich milky color. I am really excited about this pheno, no nanners so far, which is a definite plus after all I have seen with the Sour Widow cross.
The bag seeds I used to make the seeds for this, had both male and female, and these seeds were made from a male/female pollination. Hopefully that means the person who originally grew the bud that was in my bag, had some rogue pollen in their grow or hit an extra branch in their breeding project by accident. Either way, I am happy with this pheno so far and I am eager to re-flower this full grown after another 3-4 weeks of vegging. Just counting down the days to the first amber trich that shows, but it looks like this plant may go another week or two.
Oss2

Oss2c

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

Found more interesting traits in the WkW line. The Wkw6 pheno which was the one I stressed out completely with drought and has been making a comeback is starting to near the finish. I am glad I did not cull this plant due to the conditions I put on it, but instead chose to reward its will to live by giving it extra TLC and taking it to the finish. Nothing really special to see in the tester just waiting on it to show some amber.
Wkw6c

As I said nothing really special to see in this bud shot. Not a lot of trich coverage, possibly due to the early stress, or could be the pheno itself, but it has made up for what it lost in the first 3 weeks when it was neglected. I am getting this plant ready to be in the next flower run grouping, a little LST and topping and this plant surprised me again. She bleeds!

Wkw61

Wkw62

I wish I were more knowledgeable on this subject. I have read different opinions on this from strain specific to just overall plant health. I view it as a good sign as any plant that I have grown that did this when topping always turned out to be really good smoke and a great yielder. I am really looking forward to the full grown flower run with this pheno.

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

I will be updating soon on the full grows, that is, what I call full grows, of all the tester which made it through the first trials. Right now, I am just fine tuning and taking notes on each individual plant as it gets full access to pot room, nutrients, and lighting before I fill up my tent with just one or two plants.
Flower

Just a couple of notes on this stage. Back left is the IISW2 pheno. It's fan leaves are noticeably darker than all the other plants and if I am not mistaken this is the Sour Diesel coming out in this cross. She will be on a completely different feed schedule than the other plants in this run getting just the bare minimum half the feedings at half the strength to see if I can apply what I learned from the solo cup test phase..

Back right is the Oss1 pheno. The Roots Organics uprising nutrients grow and foundation have her greened up nicely and she will be getting her first taste of the terp tea this weekend end of week 2.

Front left and right are Wkw1 and Wkw2. Both are rolling right along a week behind the previous two. I did have to raise the lights, which I really did not want to do. Oss1 and IISW2 were eating up the light, while these two are getting really photon light stressed in the terminal cola ends way too early. Something I would rather address sooner than later. I was trying to keep them close to mitigate stretch, I have done some pinch and bend on them and as soon as the rest of the solo cup testers are out I will be spacing these out more and start tying them down.

Thanks to all who stop in, more detailed assessments to follow soon. As always, any comments or critiques are much appreciated!

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

This will be the last update on the Oss2 and Wkw6 solo cup testers. Saturday will be 11 weeks on Oss2 (80 days actual) and 10 weeks on Wkw6 (71 days actual) and I am chopping these then. Neither of the two have shown amber trichs yet, but both are completely milky colored and I have a feeling when they do turn amber it will not be gradual but quick and all over. I am pretty sure the Oss2 should go 70 days and the Wkw6 should go 65 days (which is usually what I like for all my plants unless the plant tells me different), I also got other confirmation that both are at the end of their life cycle.
First up Oss2....
Oss2

Oss2c

And this is what tells me its done at day 80. After many weeks of careful inspection it finally pop'd a nanner.
Oss2c1

Wkw6 is really heavy up top and had to be tied together like a bouquet and have a heavy iron rod put in to keep it from falling over. Looking good though.
Wkw6

Wkw6c

It too has pop'd a nanner at 71 days...
Wkw6c1

Not really worried about a single nanner's showing up this late in the game. Waiting for trichs to change color is a sure way to tell when a plant is finished, as is a nanner or two on each plant as the plant is reaching the end of its life cycle and trying to self replicate. Would not be the first time I have seen plants still pushing white pistils and that did not have any amber trichs way late in flower and ready to harvest. I probably should have harvested both last week and will be using the 70 day and 65 day harvest for the full size runs of both of these, as well as for the other pheno's of the lines.

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

Soon to be added a more detailed look at the full runs of IISW2 (Sour Widow cross), OSS1 (Old School Shit) and two pheno's of the WKW (Who Knows What) line #1 and #2 determining which ones I will keep of these and add to my perpetual rotation. Things are looking good and getting back to normal again after 4-5 months of struggling with some unruly pheno's of a different progeny.
Flower

Lilolme

Lilolme

Not much happening with the testers now. Everything is pretty much on cruise control either finishing flower, starting flower, or being veg'd up for next flower run. Hopefully will have the veg box up and running again soon so I can take my veg tent back to flower tent status.
All the IISW progeny are about done, I feel like a monkey as many nanners as I have pulled off these plants. As I have said before I do not remember having this issue when I ran it outside many years ago, maybe I just did not know any better or what I was looking at so it did not register, but I see it now. I have acquired a ton of knowledge on the Sour Diesel line over the last 4-5 months, thanks to all the THCFarmer fam for all the insights, and have come to the conclusion this is normal, maybe not as full blown as mine, but normal.
All my plants from this cross seem ultra finicky, and each grow I have learned more about what it needs or does not need. The nanners have started showing up later and later from starting at week 6 to now starting at week 8. From full blown nanner plantation to just a couple per plant that are easily removed with tweezers. No close ups this time, not really anything to see, a lot of foxtails and airy bud in the testers, but enough to catch some smells, a full range of sweet herbs from a greek restaurant, to the old tire shop and I will be running these as full grown plants as soon as they are done vegging. Saturday will be the start of week 10 for these and I will be chopping them. From what I have read here from the guys/gals who do grow Sour Diesel on the regular, they are pulling their plants when they start to see nanners, usually around this same time, so I think I will follow this advice and do the same, at least it is end of week 9 and not week 6.

View attachment 952429
My reading has indicated that a nanner or two late in flower is one of the indicators of ripening to the point of chop chop

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

My reading has indicated that a nanner or two late in flower is one of the indicators of ripening to the point of chop chop
Indeed. I was waiting for amber so I could get a real day count for finish. Like I said the nanners tell me I should have cut them last week despite no amber. I bet they will amber while drying. Thanks for stopping in!

Lilolme

Lilolme

Indeed. I was waiting for amber so I could get a real day count for finish. Like I said the nanners tell me I should have cut them last week despite no amber. I bet they will amber while drying. Thanks for stopping in!
I understand that they don’t die when you cut them and will continue to progress for a while

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

Quick update as things are progressing and I will be posting more detailed looks at each of the girls. Kind of pissed at myself for not removing the last of the solo cup IISW testers sooner. I did not catch the nanners soon enough and have a few seeded buds in the IISW2 and OSS1 , though neither of the WKW are showing any signs of pollination yet. The seeds in the IISW2 will be tossed, just as all the rest have been from the last 5 months adventure. I will stick to the male/female seeds I have of the cross and go through the progeny of the third pheno next. Moving forward the Sour Widow cross will be isolated in a separate tent and may turn into a summer grow, when warmer temps allow me to operate 2 separate flower tents. Then again I may just put it outside gorilla style. If the IISW2 continues to run smoothly (crosses fingers) I may keep the clone of it. This has been really aggravating to say the least. Anyway, here is a brief overview...
Flower

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

Looking a little closer and first up we have IISW2. As I said previously I switched to the Roots Organics Uprising line. Doing this has allowed me to use only what I feel I need. I had to go with my gut on this, thinking this plant has no problems with N, the dark leaf's tell me that I really should not be using any N for feedings and stick to straight P&K nutes till I start to see fading. I chose to use the Foundation nutrients only and the Bloom Tea only as my source of P&K. The low NPK of the Foundation along with the high Cal and Mag percentages in it, as well as watering with epsom salts every other feeding seem to be keeping this girl happy at day 24. I am getting into the turning point now, when all the other attempts have started to go south with this cross, only time will tell if the adjustments are going to work out in my favor.
IISW2

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

OSS1 is looking great and cruising right along. Started to get a little fade so I bumped up the feed this time. She got the full dose of Grow and Foundation as well as the full dose of Bloom Tea. I waited a little too long for the dry feeding she is really hungry.
OSS1

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

WKW1 is moving right along, a week behind the previous two. Its on the same feeding schedule as OSS1.
WKW1

Top Bottom