Test time

• Thread starter Hidd3nGr0w
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

Samey Same with WKW2, although it is a bit stunted being right in front of the tent opening and catching all the cold air when I open the tent. This was also the pheno with the double serration fan leaf's and is starting to show 9 finger fan leaf's near the top.
WKW2

All of these plants but the IISW2 will be getting haircuts and lower trimming next week. Really not my preferred style, but humidity levels are way high right now and thats no bueno. In retrospect I should have topped these a couple more times for a more even canopy, but my goal was not for quantity, but testing

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

Just finished week4 with the Oss1 and the IISW2 plants both are coming along nicely. As stated previously, still kinda aggravated over the nanners in the solo cup testers and not catching them sooner. The plants have seeded lower buds, which thins out half way up the plants into the tops. It is what it is. At least with the second flower tent coming back on line shortly I will be able to mitigate this moving forward. YES! Anyway, a quick look at how things are progressing.

Up first the IISW2 (Sour Widow cross), its looking good, and I think the changes in diet, learned through the solo cup testers is paying off. Big ups to Roots Organics Uprise line, I am really liking how this plant is responding to it. The Foundation and Bloom Terp Tea have her on point. I am going to skip a week feeding and just keep her watered. Really dark green so good on N, starting to see yellow veins in the top leaf's so its pushing the P. Finicky as this cross has been, I do not want to screw this up now at almost half way.
IISW2

IISW2c

Oss1 is rolling right along as well. She has been fed heavy on Grow, Foundation, and Bloom Terp Tea. I am also skipping a week of feed with her as well. I am really interested in how long the nutes will last and how hungry she is. She will come back to a Tea, Grow, and Tea feed which should take me to the last two week flush and harvest at day 70 (going by what I learned from Oss2 solo cup tester)
Oss1

Oss1c

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

A week behind and just finishing week3 are Wkw (Who Knows What) 1 and 2. Both plants are looking good and responding well to the Uprise line. They will be skipping a feed week as well. Wkw1 is starting to show excess N, dark green and thin fan leaf's, but could just be the pheno, so I am taking notes and watching closely. Wkw2 looks like it can not push away from the table wanting more and more food. Very similar to Oss1 in that regard. In the future I will be halving Wkw1 on feed amounts.

The differences in these two poly-hybrid pheno's is really becoming evident, which is to be expected in this line. Wkw1 has thin, whispy pistils and Wkw2 has thick pistils so the buds look like cotton balls. Growth on Wkw1 is small by comparison, which I thought had to do with cold air from the tent door stunting it, but may actually be the plant and how it grows. I had started moving the plants inside the tent last week, dividing the tent into quarters and moving each plant into a different quarter each week. None of the plants have shown any real improvement or degradation from this, This is how I normally flower allowing each side of the plant to catch maximum light when running multiple plants in the tent. I know I could just turn them a quarter turn each week, but this is more fun and allows me to see if there is a difference in tent conditions in different areas of the tent.

I am not looking for any uniformity at all, nor am I looking to breed. There is really no point to that poly x poly= cluster f. That does not mean I can not find a real gem out of the seeds as a clone only pheno to keep in the stable, which IS my goal.

First up Wkw1 ...

Wkw1

Wkw1c

and Wkw2 ...

Wkw2

Wkw2c

Lastly, all the plants except the IISW2 were extreme defoliated and lollipop'd. My humidity in the tent was just stupid high between 60-70% even in between waterings when allowed to dry out. IISW2 was not defoliated, I am not going to do anything to stress this plant. After defoliation humidity is reasonable at around 50-55% at lights on and after I open a small tent side flap I get down to between 40-45% even after being watered. I can live with that.

Thanks to all who stop in and as always any comments, critiques or advice is much appreciated!

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

This part of the testers is about to reach completion (starting week 6&7) and I will be stoked to get this grow complete. I pushed the nutrients these last feedings to experiment, and glad I did, so I could get a real feel for the Uprise line. I stayed within the suggested feed amounts (and half the suggested for two of the plants) but was checking the frequency of feeding and what the plants could take combining the dry and tea feedings. For me and my grow, it seems like even though I feed each every other week (dry, tea, dry, tea) I needed to give it a break if doing that. Moving forward, I think skipping a feed week in between will be perfect (dry, water, tea, water) It was worth the experiment to see what the plants could handle. No real major problems, just tip burning, even with the finiky IISW2 (though the scorching was worse on this plant). I have to put this out there for those novice growers like myself, DEALING WITH UNWANTED POLLEN IS A PAIN IN THE ASS!!!! I am going to have to get new fans and heater for this tent. PERIOD! Looking toward the future though, I think the IISW is more stable than the other SW phenos that were ran, though I will not know for sure till this grow is complete and I re-run the other SW pheno since it could have been grower error pushing the plant to hard.

Test1

Over all, nobody is happy in the tent, but they are being forgiving. Especially being over fed and over watered the last couple of weeks. I did a real dry out this week and only fed them some Epsom Salt water, minimal watering just to re-oxygenate the soil and address any micro nute or mag issues proactively in case of mini lockouts. I do not think I will be feeding these plants again, and this weekend I will be doing a hard water after two weeks of semi-drying to get the overload of nutrients moving around. I hope others glean a little info from this of what NOT to do.

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

Starting with the IISW2 I have a completely seeded plant. Bummer. I do not have nanners everywhere, which is the only bright spot right now. I can only imagine what the plant would have been without being violated with pollen. It will be reveged and ran again.
IISW2

IISW2c

No nanners so far, just seeds. Its a shame that the thickness of this plant could have been juicy bud instead of seed weight. Its an interesting contrast in the plant to have the dark green outer leaf's and the bright green bud and inner leafs. Can not tell for sure if the pics represent this well.

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

Starting week 7 with the IISW2 is OSS1. Another lady violated with unwanted pollen. She is rolling right along and looking good.
Oss1

Oss1c

You can really see the over feeding and watering. Extra dark green and the pistils not standing up at attention. Still not bad overall, easily corrected moving forward.

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

A week behind the previous two, just starting week 6 is Wkw2. Besides being violated with pollen, she really did not like the over feeding and watering. Hopefully it will recover and finish decently. She will be reveged as well. I think it should get another shot since it looks so different from the Wkw1 pheno. Not really thrilled with the bud size, desity, or trich coverage, but I like the way it looks, and think it is worth another look since I have some good notes on it now.
Wkw2

Wkw2c

I thought I had nanners on this plant, but its just a coloration issue in the pistils. One other thing I can not figure out is what appears to be a crust on some of the leaf's. Never ran into this before. Not bugs, as far as I can tell, I checked, but it came on early and is only seen in the top cola's. I did have a light intensity issue with this plant to begin with could it be melted trich's? Or trich's that exploded and coated the leaf's? Could it be a nutrient issue? I'm at a loss, If anyone seeing this has any thoughts on it I would really appreciate some insight? Seriously!

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

This seems to be the star so far Wkw1. Took the over feeding and watering like a champ. Good structure, size, and bud density. I really like this plant and it was the one I wanted to keep if the Wkw3 re-veg failed. Great all around looking plant. Eager to see how she tastes and smokes!
Wkw1

Wkw1c

This plant looks like it may be a real keeper for hash/squish makers. I hope it has some great flavor and doesn't taste too hashy at the end. Either way, like I said I am really eager for this one to finish in a few weeks.

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

Coming soon, more testers running through the trials looking for a champ.
Test2

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

Just finished week 8 so I am counting down the days to finish and I am ready for these to be done so I can clean out this tent and get in some new equipment and start fresh again. Going to start with the IISW line. Pheno IISW2 still not showing any of the nanner issues from the previous plants covering the flowers, but it still has a possible issue. I was looking over the other two pheno's #3 and #5 in the other tent and found that both these pheno's of the cross have real genetic issues besides grower error. Hidden in each of the nodes behind the flower is a pollen sack, and I mean HIDDEN. I had to pull each flower away from the main stalk on each and every branch and every one of them below the top 3-4 inches had ONE and only one pollen sack per node. VERY disappointing and relieving at the same time. Disappointing because that means this is truly genetic, like a really inbred line to insure it survives and relieving because I now know it was not driver error completely. These seeds were true male/female made, 100% FOR SURE, it took forever to clean the inside of the tent, so this means it is something I will not be able to breed out quickly (couple of years), nor will I be able to run enough plants to find male pheno's that will shut this gene down if it can be done completely being as inbred as it seems. As far as I am concerned this is mission FAIL (First Attempt In Learning) and I am going to have to rethink this moving forward. Something else I am going to have to consider is that the male used to make these seeds could have been sterile and the seeds came from female pollination, I did not think about it at the time, nor did I think it odd to not have any males in 6 seeds popped, out of the large amount I started with, could just just have been luck, but when I eventually do the progeny form 3SW if I do not get a male in that group, I have to think its a very real possibility of sterility in the male used, that I have all fem seeds, and just let this go for indoor growing or trying to breed out the trait. Finding 20-30 seeds in a pound of outdoor grown is one thing, seeding an entire tent and crushing a crop is another. When the days ahead are shorter than the days behind, I have to consider it is not worth the trouble, since I found these beans I had stashed long ago, maybe they should go back into the closet, and I should work my other gear with the time I have left. You never know though, its a cloudy day today and the sun may shine tomorrow. Anyways here we go.......
IISW2

IISW2c

She was over fed and over watered. Not a lot of frost, but some nice colors coming out in the bud. No seeds to be kept but it will be smoked, the flower does have a good working/social/daytime effect, very giggly from the solo cup phase, but its done as far as appearing again. I had thought to re-run it, but after seeing the other pheno's problems its a wrap, she will be chopped in 2 days or day 60, since she has not been watered in a week and the pot does not feel much lighter than when it was last watered. I think its safe to conclude she's done..

Moving right along we get to OSS1. Another plant that will be culled. Just not what I am looking for as a keeper. Effects are average, more of a dull sit in front of TV and watch 5 seasons of your favorite show back to back or video game and veg all night. Not really what I am looking for here either. I am running the clone side by side with OSS2 since the clone was big enough (before culling) and the differences are easily seen there, Not a bad plant, I just have a better pheno of its line.
OSS1

OSS1c

Over fed and over watered here as well. Not a bad looking plant, but I have a better one. Not really what I am looking for here and I have more seeds to go through. I was going to take it to day 70, but may change my mind and cut it down in a week, day 65

Wkw2 is next, and a week behind the previous two. She looks very different from her sister, Wkw1 which is up next, with her long thin fingers on her fans and very leafy flower by comparison. Its not a bad looking plant and the solo cup test was good smoke, very conversational/social after supper chill weed.
Wkw2

Wkw2c

With 2 weeks left, planning on a day 65 harvest, she will have a little more time to continue ripening. She didn't do as well with the overfeeding/watering as her sister. Is it worth re-running with the good notes I have for water/feeding? I am still on the fence with this one. The double serrated leaf's haven't shown in the other 3 pheno's of this line I have going and I would hate to cull it out just because I can not run a large enough population to see if it truly is something different, or just different in the group of seeds that were ran.

Last up Wkw1. I am soooo bummed this plant was seeded. It has the effects, very very social, watch the stars with the wifey and talk all night kind of buzz. Could definitely get lost in a daydream here. With no down to it at all. Very chill evening smoke. It has the look, even seeded, nice and frosty for an amateur grower in novice conditions.
Wkw1

Wkw1c

Planning on day 65 or another 2 weeks from now. This should be the end of the test phase of this grouping, with, as of right now, Wkw1 coming out as the only real keeper of the grouping. The Wkw3 pheno, my first choice from the solo cup phase, is ready to go in flower once this round in the tent is done, along with my SchweedyBalls cut from a different line and I will decide then which to keep.

The bottle was only put in the photos for perspective, nothing more. Soon to follow will be the finish of the other group of testers so I can get back down to a 4 plant rotation again and the conclusion of the tester hunt. More to follow from the other tent soon!

Thanks to all who stop in, and as always any comments or critiques are much appreciated!

Latest posts

Top Bottom