Testing New Strains

• Thread starter Icristal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Icristal

Icristal

And then there were 7,,,I was right , plant #3 was a male and it has been removed and culled. So we will wait to see if there are anymore. All are loving the the flip and are looking good.

Keep it green all
Icristal

More updates when pictures are not so boring, lol

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

Your killing it dude love how you worked the plants , Can clearly see you have skills.. Them plants showing some nice structure.
As well i like how you culled the males much respect to you and to bubba looks like he or she has created a nice mix
Not to many growers make seeds look like that

Icristal

Icristal

Your killing it dude love how you worked the plants , Can clearly see you have skills.. Them plants showing some nice structure.
As well i like how you culled the males much respect to you and to bubba looks like he or she has created a nice mix
Not to many growers make seeds look like that

Thanks you very much. I have only been growing about 4 years now and I love every minute of it. I have learned so much at this web site to guide me along. Awesome farmers here and past ones. I eventually will keep a male for pollen and go from there. I would like to try to make my own seeds just once for the learning experience. But not until I am able to isolate one. We all have dreams and slowly some of them come into play. Just enjoying the ride right now and keep learning. They like to throw curve balls at you sometimes. I guess they want to make sure we are paying attention,,lol,,,plants know,,hahahahaha

These are going to be nice,,I love a tight structure. Hoping it holds in the stretch.

Icristal

Icristal

And there are 6 ,,,lol,,,the pain I put outdoors fooled me. Looked real happy for a couple of days and now back to its old ways. So not going to spend time with this one anymore, it has been culled. I do have a clone of it and am keeping it to see how I can adjust for its needs, might be a losing battle, lol But willing to try again.

Icristal

Icristal

Despite the relentless heat and humidity we have had the past week the plants are getting on well.

Update on the 6 in the tent, end of week 1 of flower. All look to be female and have set some nice bud site already. The stretch is nice and slow, but noticeable, 1 more week and they should be done stretching. Four (4) of the ladies, all seem to be growing and looking exactly the same. All about the same height, color and progress and tight nodes, purple stripe very strong stalks. The other two (2), turned lime green as soon as they were put into flower, it was an interesting color for sure, but they are slowly going back to a more normal green color. These two are heavy ca/mag users and are much different from the other 4. The node spacing in further apart and the structure tends to be all over the place. And still not sure which way these 2 will go, has some female signs, less than all the others. I have seen plants do this before and all of a sudden its a male,,so watching close. I can't wait for all of them to finish, they are going to be some nice dank ladies when done. Love the structure of them, my kinda style.

Group shot of all in two pictures. Please excuse the camera quality, had to use old camera. Still trying to figure out new phones camera,,hahahaha

Note the 2 in the bottom half/right of picture 2, those are my lime green ones, they were worse than this a few days ago.

Keep it green all
Icristal

Individual pictures will be taken at end of week 3. And hope to have a better camera set up for them.

Icristal

Icristal

The clones of the plants are doing well in there temp. home. Two are growing like they had flowered before, single leaf growth. So adjusted the light schedule to keep in veg for sure. I have a few doubles of some, and plan on doing a second run of them and keep mom of the best. And while the second run is flowering, I will be setting up one of the 2 strains I have yet to test. Not sure which one yet.

Clones
20160907 223745

Icristal

Icristal

Update,,,,14 days into flowering. Boy do I miss the camera from my other phone. Pictures do not do them justice. All 6 are female and the two that were lime green in color have seemed to settle down and come back to a more normal color. I have added a few things to the feed to help along. The ca/mag has also settled down to a lesser dose. All are in a good flowering stage and the buds look great. Now happy they just got fed. lol

Keep it green all
Icristal

Icristal

Icristal

@baba G
The ladies are 20 days into flower, just got fed after photo op. lol The ladies will be staying put now, no more moving unless necessary . All are healthy after a rough start, minor eagle claw on a couple, but is correcting. Color is so much better on all, thank you baba g for the advice, it worked.
Purple Drink #1
Pd1a
Pd1b

Purple Drink #2
Pd2a
Pd2b

Purple Drink #4 This one had a little bit of eagle claw going on, but has since corrected.
Pd4a
Pd4b

Purple Drink #5
Pd5a
Pd5b

Purple Drink #6
Pd6a
Pd6b

Purple Drink #7
Pd7a
Pd7b

Keep it green all
Icristal

Icristal

Icristal

Here are the ladies at the end of week 4. All are doing great and have some amazing buds. There is one in the front row that looks like it has leaves dying. They are not and this freaked me out when I first saw them. They are actually turning slightly yellow and then the purple is coming in on the edges and increasing across the leaves each day. It is not a nute problem, it related to the strain I believe. The plant itself is very healthy and has great buds as well. It looks like another is headed that way, but not sure yet. The differences in the phenos are coming to light as they continue to flower. Very happy with the ladies and look forward to thier finish. The temps in the tent are lights on 75 to 78F, rh 50%, lights out 65 to 68F, with 55% humidity. The clones are adapting to the new pots and are regaining there stride.
20160929 192601

Keep it green all
Icristal

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Here are the ladies at the end of week 4. All are doing great and have some amazing buds. There is one in the front row that looks like it has leaves dying. They are not and this freaked me out when I first saw them. They are actually turning slightly yellow and then the purple is coming in on the edges and increasing across the leaves each day. It is not a nute problem, it related to the strain I believe. The plant itself is very healthy and has great buds as well. It looks like another is headed that way, but not sure yet. The differences in the phenos are coming to light as they continue to flower. Very happy with the ladies and look forward to thier finish. The temps in the tent are lights on 75 to 78F, rh 50%, lights out 65 to 68F, with 55% humidity. The clones are adapting to the new pots and are regaining there stride.
View attachment 637158

Keep it green all
Icristal
Looking lovely! Any sweet grape purple funk emenating from these gals? Should b a fast finisher at 8-9weeks tops.

Icristal

Icristal

@baba G Sorry for taking so long to update again.Fall harvest kinda had me a little busy, lol Can't get a proper smell , because of other strains drying near by. Some develop purple leaves and after a week, they turn yellow and die off and some stay a nice green with purple highlights. Very interesting to watch the changes.

The first set of picture are at day 41 of flower. The second set was taken 3 days later. They are getting close and are changing fast and in week 7 now. There are 3 that just demand allot of attention. Just when you think you got them figured out, they throw you another curve ball. The other 3 are doing great and definitely show as different overall. All do have the same growth height and bud spacing and a very minimal stretch.. I love this type of spacing, even the lower buds are quickly catching up. I have not put the number of the plant to the pictures. I will do that at the end to show what each one looked like overall.

It has been fun and a good learning experience growing these and can't wait for run 2 on them. Four of the clones are going into 5 gallon buckets this week, I have picked 3 so far to run again, the last one I should decide this week. They were in 3 gallon pots for this grow.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Beautiful! The next 7-10days will b a huge change and explosion of the calyx with a quick ripening.
Number 5 looks a lot like itll have that classic purple flav as it reminds me of the urkle with its lowers not being as good as the tops...literally one way to see how much percentage of the urkle mother is in your physical structure is to look at the tops compared to lowers or middle flowers. Purple urkle will.have super duper tops and less than a foot away will give u cabbage!
The introduction of the lemon cookies adds the gsc and og which lends to much nicer and less leafy middle and lower flowers....i could go on and on lol

Number 6 looks like a really nice blend of the parents and has my eye, they all look nice tho!!
Which ones smell the best to you?

Icristal

Icristal

Beautiful! The next 7-10days will b a huge change and explosion of the calyx with a quick ripening.
Number 5 looks a lot like itll have that classic purple flav as it reminds me of the urkle with its lowers not being as good as the tops...literally one way to see how much percentage of the urkle mother is in your physical structure is to look at the tops compared to lowers or middle flowers. Purple urkle will.have super duper tops and less than a foot away will give u cabbage!
The introduction of the lemon cookies adds the gsc and og which lends to much nicer and less leafy middle and lower flowers....i could go on and on lol

Number 6 looks like a really nice blend of the parents and has my eye, they all look nice tho!!
Which ones smell the best to you?

Thanks for the additional info, @baba G ,,the # 4 seems to be the strongest, but then the number 6 is comparable. Every once in awhile when I walk by the tent, I get a huge smell of lemons and then is goes as fast as it arrives,,lol if that make sense. And when you open the tent at lights on, it full on blow you over sweet/citrus/earth combined. I see them changing daily, beautiful strain and loving the rock hard buds.

I have up potted clones from #1, 6, 7, 5, in to 5 gallon pots for the next run. Have # 2 and 4 left,not sure if one will be the mom choice yet or a different one.

Thanks for all the love everyone. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom