TGA Subcool, Youtube Weed Nerd Shows

• Thread starter oscar169
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Sea did the plushberry you run look similar to the one I'm running, thinking it going to go in the trash, the plant smells like blue berry's, just crazy, but the buds are not hard at all.
Jillybean, completely and totally blown out buds. They began foxtailing almost as soon as the pistils were being thrown. Plants were all well over 6' tall and I don't think I even got a unit per. I have NEVER done that badly, EVER. And honestly, this is one instance where I'm not so willing to say it was grower error, not looking at everything else I grew out. The Agent Orange x LSD? She's so sweet! It is SO EASY to make weight with this lady, she's a fucking sticky bitch and I can even pick up her heady scent. A bit... musky? yet somehow fruity? Difficult for me to describe, someone with a good nose should do it for me. :D

RandyPickles

RandyPickles

Yeah there's an LSD from seed in the garden now and it's growing like a madwoman!!!!

M

moemoe08

subcool doesnt smoke flowers. thats why a lot of his strains arent strong as flowers. they will smell good and make good hash. i grew his space bomb and it smelled great and had a lot of trichs. it also foxtailed like crazy and wasnt that strong. subcool doesnt mind foxtails. he says "you can pull them off and smoke them". the foxtails made the bud look horrible. i tried his space bomb from his booth this year. it looked incredible but wasnt strong when i smoked it. i like subcool because he shares his methods but what a lot of the people are saying about his strains are true. he does have many new strains and new breeders. i can vouch for the foxtailing and the fruitiness over strength in his strains. not on his new strains though.

Nspecta

Nspecta

Breeder
Oscar said:
So you know Sub Cool personally or he just ended up with one of your cuts ?

I've gotten into it with Subcool over the years...he plagarized me in an article he wrote for High Times years ago, we're not friends in the slightest...but...that's going a little to far off topic...the Portland Obama Kush was just from seed I made that became popular in the greater PNW...aside from that, I hold no claim to it...I'm not to possesive of my creations. ;) Maybe someone should ask Sub to share the love with his Jack's Cleaner mom...just to see what happens. :confused:

Wow! MUCH RESPECT and that's a bummer to hear. At least you created something that is making peoples lives better on a global scale. :pompus:

Thanks Randy...I don't mind anyone having my creations and sharing the love...many breeders around the world have breeding stock that came from me, even here at the farm...heck Subcool even got his Cheese cut ,one person removed (you know who you are :jimlad: ), from me...I don't care about any of that...what I do have beef with is the hypocrisy based on idiocy. With that said...I will only support breeders and growers who are straight up, honest, and know what they're talking about...y'know, folks who can walk the walk if they're gonna try and talk the talk. And sorry Randy, none of this was directed at you...just an in general thang...I was just in a ranting mood. o_O

Myco

Myco

I found the most Black Cherry Soda leaning Plushberry I've seen, and still have her.

JTR was a wretched, disgraceful bust.

I have Marionberry Kush and Querkle going right now, and they will be the last two TGA strains I run, until Subcool admits his lineup has problems, reworks his menu and has himself some southern style humble-pie.

At 30 days, MBK's are mostly looking great, although a couple phenos started to autoflower with the slightest bit of stress.

Querkle is looking unimpressive thus far...

Idk... I didn't want to waste the packs had... luckily I got them cheap at an event. Hopefully something turns out worthy of the time and space. Good thing I recycle my soil, lol.

Delerium

Delerium

Heard Dairy Queen was good and the cheese quake?
Only grew his Chernobyl

ridge og

ridge og

Sub is going to be at elemental wellness in March talking about germination of seeds.

RandyPickles

RandyPickles

That would be the worlds shortest seminar. If you can't figure out how to plant seeds, maybe botany isn't the hobby for you ;)

S

ssteely71

I have ran a couple of strains and found it to be dank. Subcool is for sure not the most liked breeder and he does go on rants at times but I have enjoyed his seeds. I had a really nice pheno of his 3D

That is pure couch lock. And I ran a very tasty TheVoid aka purple Apollo.That had a couple of 26g buds.
I think some of his gear is for experienced growers as the 3d was super hard to dial in. But a dispensery owner said I was best sativa grower he knew behind that 3d. That is my experience with his gear. I know that he was very willing to give me a few minutes of his time at the HTCC and was impressed with my version of his flowers. He has a lot of haters though.

RandyPickles

RandyPickles

I have ran a couple of strains and found it to be dank. Subcool is for sure not the most liked breeder and he does go on rants at times but I have enjoyed his seeds. I had a really nice pheno of his 3D View attachment 380223
That is pure couch lock. And I ran a very tasty TheVoid aka purple Apollo.That had a couple of 26g buds. View attachment 380227 I think some of his gear is for experienced growers as the 3d was super hard to dial in. But a dispensery owner said I was best sativa grower he knew behind that 3d. That is my experience with his gear. I know that he was very willing to give me a few minutes of his time at the HTCC and was impressed with my version of his flowers. He has a lot of haters though.
That's exactly the problem and why he has a less than shining reputation. There's so much potential to these hybrids on paper that it's frustrating to see them executed poorly and with only denial as his responses.

Breeders should be very forthcoming with their breeding plans and genetics and use only the best genetic expressions they can find to be the bean makers. I understand I'm living in fantasy land, but given legalization will bring corporate patents and genetic modifications, we should all be doing everything we can to preserve and perfect for the sake of the medicine and this plant that has given us so much, so freely.

Sorry for the rant, wrong meeting!!

RandyPickles

RandyPickles

Speaking of, does anyone have any idea what's in thc bomb? I'm running one right now and she's doing fine but I hate the "mystery" genetics. So obnoxious. I'll buy your goddamn bean, but at least let me know what's in it.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
So wait, you're saying that the reason why the Jillybean blew out so badly was that it's my bad? Yet everything else I've grown out from other breeders is wonderful, but it's still my bad?

Usually I am more than willing to accept this as a very real, if not most likely possibility. Not this time.

S

ssteely71

There's so much potential to these hybrids on paper that it's frustrating to see them executed poorly and with only denial as his responses.

So wait, you're saying that the reason why the Jillybean blew out so badly was that it's my bad?
SeaMaiden I took that to mean that the breeding was executed poorly not your attempt to grow jillybean.

RandyPickles

RandyPickles

Sorry for any confusion, I meant that on paper, Subcool's strains have a lot of potential, but that he chose to use subpar stock for breeding, I by no means had you in mind SeaMaiden! :)

zeke

zeke

The statement referring to The Breeder having new breeders is confusing. Does that mean the old breeders(Subcool, ms.jill) replaced themselves with "new breeders"? If so, did they use traditional breeding techniques ? If so, I'm calling B.S. I'm pretty sure I was locked up in county with these two dudes. Their real names are Lenny and Squiggy.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
IIRC... <LMAO! just read the last sentence> It's not just Sub and MsJill who are TGA, but that TGA is instead a larger group of which Sub and MJ are the 'faces.' That could easily allow for 'new breeders,' no?

zeke

zeke

Oh like maybe Laverne or Shirley are saying "fuck the factory, if these two idiots can kill it "breeding" cannabis then why don't we", type of a deal? Gotcha.

Dynamite

Dynamite

I've gotten into it with Subcool over the years...he plagarized me in an article he wrote for High Times years ago, we're not friends in the slightest...but...that's going a little to far off topic...the Portland Obama Kush was just from seed I made that became popular in the greater PNW...aside from that, I hold no claim to it...I'm not to possesive of my creations. ;) Maybe someone should ask Sub to share the love with his Jack's Cleaner mom...just to see what happens. :confused:

Thanks Randy...I don't mind anyone having my creations and sharing the love...many breeders around the world have breeding stock that came from me, even here at the farm...heck Subcool even got his Cheese cut ,one person removed (you know who you are :jimlad: ), from me...I don't care about any of that...what I do have beef with is the hypocrisy based on idiocy. With that said...I will only support breeders and growers who are straight up, honest, and know what they're talking about...y'know, folks who can walk the walk if they're gonna try and talk the talk. And sorry Randy, none of this was directed at you...just an in general thang...I was just in a ranting mood. o_O

Obama was hotter in Ptown then any strain I ever seen go around .. and i seen a few .. I would bet more people know that name and that weed then GSC around here

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

i personally not a fan of tga...i ran deep purple, and another strain i forget what...both were very similar, my guess is one of the parents(most likely male) was used for a large portion of his breeding...i see alot of ppl put too much emphasis of the female and just look for vigor in the male....but imo the male is the key, not the female....just my 0.02$

Latest posts

Top Bottom