TGA Subcool, Youtube Weed Nerd Shows

• Thread starter oscar169
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Nspecta

Nspecta

Breeder
The statement referring to The Breeder having new breeders is confusing. Does that mean the old breeders(Subcool, ms.jill) replaced themselves with "new breeders"? If so, did they use traditional breeding techniques ?

That statement just means that Subcool doesn't make the beans he sells...just like a ton of the "Breeders" do, Sub/TGA farm out a lot of their breeding/seed making.

Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

Breeeders should be very forthcoming, I understand I'm living in fantasy land, but given legalization will bring corporate patents and genetic modifications, we should all be doing everything we can to preserve and perfect for the sake of the medicine and this plant that has given us so much, so freely.

Sorry for the rant, wrong meeting!!

TOTALLY agree Pickles . Basis why Tree Masons were created. It's a cycle for Corporate Tycoons to , Hop on tha World's Latest Trends and run it to the ground($$$$$$$$$) . Preservation is Vital, more nowadays than EVER !! It's just trippy to be Alive during Mmj Prohibition! Wish it were More Mind's Like Yourself still around, or Atleast speaking on same note OUT LOUD! !
Respect!

S

ssteely71

I noticed a change of packaging with TGA on a pack of DrWho I got at the la cup vs some older packs of TGA gear. Now the package says homegrown natural wonders with a H/W logo as well as TGA. What's that about?

Myco

Myco

Moral of the story:

You can find good phenos among TGA gear... maybe a few keepers. But it's not stable, lots of variation, and is hermie prone to some degree. Overpriced, over hyped, and Subcool makes himself look and sound like an arrogant fool. I hate talking bad about anyone, I really do, but it bothers me when the hacks get more recognition than a skilled breeder. Why? Because they overhype, exaggerate, and embellish results.... when the skilled breeder is typically more humble, and let's the results speak for themselves.

I do commend Subcool for being dedicated to the industry, and he does try to do good things for the community and the canna community...

That's the most negative and critical thing you will ever see me post. /rant

I noticed a change of packaging with TGA on a pack of DrWho I got at the la cup vs some older packs of TGA gear. Now the package says homegrown natural wonders with a H/W logo as well as TGA. What's that about?
A lot of the new strains have been collaborations of sorts.

Delerium

Delerium

That statement just means that Subcool doesn't make the beans he sells...just like a ton of the "Breeders" do, Sub/TGA farm out a lot of their breeding/seed making.
Seen a short of his where he had a whole tray of seeds and said he goes through each one by hand.
One only knows.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
i personally not a fan of tga...i ran deep purple, and another strain i forget what...both were very similar, my guess is one of the parents(most likely male) was used for a large portion of his breeding...i see alot of ppl put too much emphasis of the female and just look for vigor in the male....but imo the male is the key, not the female....just my 0.02$
Not just yours. The best breeder I know says the same things (and don't get that cat started on Subcool!).

RandyPickles

RandyPickles

While I have a career in programming, I am a closet breeder and try to produce only the best hybrids from seed (or clone where absolutely necessary I.e. Wet Dream, which is blue dream haze x Ocean Beach Haze. One old hippie has been growing the same haze plant in the same spot in the same house for almost 40 years!!). I also make meticulous notes, with detailed explanations of each plant that goes in the ground. Where I got it, photos of its grows, etc. While I have no plans to ever profit from the seeds, I do want to leave a bunch of new hybrids from rare and landrace strains with everything tediously documented. For my own enjoyment and to share with others as the common hybridized hybrids become more hybridized and we near a zero sum.

Latest posts

Top Bottom