THC vs THCA what's the real difference?

• Thread starter weed420420420420420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
weed420420420420420

weed420420420420420

My dispensary here in PA lists everything as THCA numbers on the flowers and concentrates.
But when I look at a Colorado dispensary they all list THC numbers for their weed.
My weed doesn't seem to get me high.

Nobody seems to want to explain this flat out. But THCA flower is a ripoff yes? Not the real thing...

bongsmoker421

bongsmoker421

My dispensary here in PA lists everything as THCA numbers on the flowers and concentrates.
But when I look at a Colorado dispensary they all list THC numbers for their weed.
My weed doesn't seem to get me high.

Nobody seems to want to explain this flat out. But THCA flower is a ripoff yes? Not the real thing...
Thc is thca primarily. But since the legal boom you have bioengineered,, they use e.coli cultures to rewrite the dna/rna of a seed to alter the number of carbon molecules which has very different effects. Ever noticed why the kids today are huge? Today's weed has a role. Old weed made you skinny kina and thin, bloodshot eyes that swell shut with cotton mouth and but very very aware, keen to detail, artistic and conscious. New variants, most commonly Thcv (Zaza and purple strains) actually don't make you lose weight but denses the bone and stimulates almost like alcohol making the youth very arrogant ND violent hence global legalization happening the same time as the emergence of coast to coast road rage.... new weed is cool but like I said it's like alcohol, it gives people with no self confidence a boost of courage.

I didn't get this from a weed book. I got this from university articles published in the 60s and 70s that can still be googled.... andnfrom what I read, the sergeants demanded scientists change the weed because during Vietnam War all the soldiers would get high and not want to war anymore. But the sergeant needed his soldiers to fight.... now they released it on a global scale where everyone thinks they are meant for war and addicted to guns. Lolol 😂 the power of reading! They have AI now, so they allow us to perform population control on ourselves😂😂😂

Last edited:
bongsmoker421

bongsmoker421

Who needs a gas chamber to gas you when they can just alter the dna of weed to change the effects and legalize it on a global scale so that we all "gas" ourselves. What did you think all those gas chamber experiments were for? You thought it was abandoned? Nope, now we willingly gas ourselves 😂

bongsmoker421

bongsmoker421

Thc is active and thca is not. 🤷‍♂️ THCA must be heated to convert to THC
It doesn't answer why they are advertising thcA if thcA just burns into thc. They are advertising thcA because like I said it's gmo generation of weed. There are plenty of products on the market that is not thcA. Try doing the research. Delta 8 is also a variant, thcV, thcO, thcP, etc etc. ThcO is said to have already killed a few people and is more similar in experience to the drug acid/lsd. That's why the seller is specifying thcA, so to make it distinguishable for buyers to not consume the wrong crap...🤦‍♂️ the DEA are working to ban and prohibit the production and use of tchO on a federal scale right this moment. Stay safe everyone. All that glitters is not gold.

Last edited:
bongsmoker421

bongsmoker421

Everything that is not thcA is classified as a controlled substance as these molecules don't occur naturally in nature.

ItsMosher

ItsMosher

I was under the impression that THCA is put on products because the 2018 Farm Bill states that products with less than .3% D9 are not considered illegal federally anymore. So if you call it what it is (THCA not D9), then it’s able to be sold in places that don’t necessarily have the license to sell it as D9. Not saying those other synthetic cannabanoids are any good (have heard especially bad things about THCo), but specifically THCA is just unburnt weed and that’s why you have to decarb it before it can be made into edibles and you can’t just eat raw flower and get high afaik. I could be misinformed but I’ve looked at it a lot. My state advertises “THC content” on their packaging but if you look at the lab analysis papers it states a THCA % along with the other cannabanoids. The THCA number was very high think 18+% and the D9 was around 3+%, so I noticed this and did some looking into it, it’s the only reason I know anything at all.

Toohighmyguy

Toohighmyguy

I was under the impression that THCA is put on products because the 2018 Farm Bill states that products with less than .3% D9 are not considered illegal federally anymore. So if you call it what it is (THCA not D9), then it’s able to be sold in places that don’t necessarily have the license to sell it as D9. Not saying those other synthetic cannabanoids are any good (have heard especially bad things about THCo), but specifically THCA is just unburnt weed and that’s why you have to decarb it before it can be made into edibles and you can’t just eat raw flower and get high afaik. I could be misinformed but I’ve looked at it a lot. My state advertises “THC content” on their packaging but if you look at the lab analysis papers it states a THCA % along with the other cannabanoids. The THCA number was very high think 18+% and the D9 was around 3+%, so I noticed this and did some looking into it, it’s the only reason I know anything at all.
Thca needs to hit a certain temperature. Smoking a joint, decarboxylation, or vape etc. Than and only than the molecules convert to active thc

A

alpha.ganjaguy

lol @bongsmoker421 are you playing wrong answers only? 🤣

Seems like a lot of people don't know how cannabis actually works..
---
Cannabis plants/dried flower has THCA and very little THC, it requires heat to convert to THC, that heat can be a lighter or a stove or other way of cooking. THCA is not to be confused with all the "NEW" lets call them millennial cannabinoids that have been more recently discovered and started to be used like the deltas and otherwise 'legal' cannabinoids.

This is why eating a nug does very little if anything but smoking it or decarbing then eating it does.
--
THCA is the precursor to THC, it's converted into THC through a process called decarboxylation, which involves heating the cannabis buds. This chemical reaction effectively breaks off the carboxylic acid group, and you get THC.

S

sourorangedieselkush

Yep and that’s why I’m not going back to the dispensary. This stuff doesn’t look right. I’ll smoke my own for now on. I know what’s in it

Toohighmyguy

Toohighmyguy

I don’t mind going to the dispo, as I can see the certs, but I sometimes don’t even trust that. At least it’s better then the plug’s “trust me bro it’s fire”
Sources to me don't mean diddly. If a bud don't pass my 9 point inspection. She gets composted not roasted🔬📝🔎🆗⚕️🆔🔝🔍💍🧦👙⚖️🎭🎟️👾🩰🧈🍒🪰🐛🔥👌

Toohighmyguy

Toohighmyguy

Yeah I believe it’s something like 200 degrees?
That's about the starting point for some flavonoids and turpentines. Delta 9 THC I believe it's more around 240-250. But a lot of smart people around here direct you better to scientific chart. I be to busy staying stoned. And staying away from smart people. I don't like to be studying and told I'm doing wrong when I'm high. Keep the knowledge flowing

bongsmoker421

bongsmoker421

lol @bongsmoker421 are you playing wrong answers only? 🤣

Seems like a lot of people don't know how cannabis actually works..
---
Cannabis plants/dried flower has THCA and very little THC, it requires heat to convert to THC, that heat can be a lighter or a stove or other way of cooking. THCA is not to be confused with all the "NEW" lets call them millennial cannabinoids that have been more recently discovered and started to be used like the deltas and otherwise 'legal' cannabinoids.

This is why eating a nug does very little if anything but smoking it or decarbing then eating it does.
--
THCA is the precursor to THC, it's converted into THC through a process called decarboxylation, which involves heating the cannabis buds. This chemical reaction effectively breaks off the carboxylic acid group, and you get THC.
Lolololol

bongsmoker421

bongsmoker421

Lolololol
Explaining how edibles work? Now you're right and I'm wrong. Lolololol. What makes you think I don't know how eating cannabis works? Oh well. I make my own edibles. Explaining it like I've NEVER had an edible or like I've never decarbed my own weed to make my own edible then claiming i dont know about heating thc bmah blah blah is an assumption, not a fact. Bro just shared the most common info about weed that's been republished and recycled for the last 40 years now he thinks he shared sacred knowledge or something 🤣🤣🤣. All hail the cannabis grand master. If this were jeopardy 😂😂😂

Last edited:
bongsmoker421

bongsmoker421

So according to you thcA is on the label to remind guys like you that eating it by itself won't get them high. Great answer bro. I get the title but did you read his question? He's asking if there's a difference in thc and thcA only because they keep putting thcA on labels and trust me it ain't for telling folks " you wont get high unless you heat me"

A

alpha.ganjaguy

bwahahhaha
well yes, because the question was the most basic of weed smoking questions (no disrespect to the op) and no I did not explain edibles, I explained how getting high works lmfao..

thca is the precursor to thc, it is what is in flower and it converts to thc when heated ie with your lighter, a vaporizer or oven (and very little during drying/curing). thc-a is non-psychoactive

I'm sorry you are not aware how cannabis actually gets you high, you can/should google it

bongsmoker421

bongsmoker421

bwahahhaha
well yes, because the question was the most basic of weed smoking questions (no disrespect to the op) and no I did not explain edibles, I explained how getting high works lmfao..

thca is the precursor to thc, it is what is in flower and it converts to thc when heated ie with your lighter, a vaporizer or oven (and very little during drying/curing). thc-a is non-psychoactive

I'm sorry you are not aware how cannabis actually gets you high, you can/should google it

You just re explained the first passage twice. Even you can't distinguish the knowledge you share. Stop spamming and go find a bridge to sit under 😂

Top Bottom