THC vs THCA what's the real difference?

• Thread starter weed420420420420420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
weed420420420420420

weed420420420420420

We have (medical only state) really really bad dispo weed here. Doesn't matter what brand or how much you spend. No terps no high. Nothin. It's really really extremely very bad.

Yea I saw one of the ohio politicians saying "we dont want people having that super potent skunk weed".

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
We have (medical only state) really really bad dispo weed here. Doesn't matter what brand or how much you spend. No terps no high. Nothin. It's really really extremely very bad.

Yea I saw one of the ohio politicians saying "we dont want people having that super potent skunk weed".
everyone needs to go back to only landrace strains, besides everything started from them anyways,.. all breeding did was create a false market, anyone in their mid 50’s or older who has smoked their whole life knows the old weed is better, it’s a better and different high, nothing to do with tolerance,..
but i’m not saying nothing is good today, just was better back than because it was mostly landrace strains,..
IMG 1099
IMG 1100
IMG 1098

josefrahl

josefrahl

I just read a post (on youtube) saying dispensary genetics have reduced delta 9. This is why "medical" weed doesn't get me high and makes my anxiety worse. Not sure if this is true but they can't be making it this horrible just by growing for yield over potency/flavor. I think they are making it unpotent and lame on purpose. After all there is such a thing as weed that yields big and flowers fast and is still potent and flavorful. Good genetics should be able to shine through the big farming process at least a little bit.
Big brother doesn't want people too stony balony. Thats why dispo weed is hardly better than cbd weed.
That's why the dispo "rarely" lists any legendary strains. It's all a bunch of made up cheeseball names.

Show me a dispensary that lists on the menu exactly where the seeds came from for a strain. If I owned a dispensary I would want that proudly displayed on the menu. Like "here we have the 9lb hammer FROM jinxproof" or "oh look they have tknl5haze FROM ak bean brains" . Oh look they have nl5 FROM authentic genetics. Oh wow look they have the clone only deathstar cut. Hey look at that they have god bud FROM jordan of the islands.

Why do dispensaries not list strains like this. Show me one menu that says where the genetics came from. And show me a dispo menu that isn't 90% cheeseball made up names that nobody's heard of.
Basically they just harvest really early before the trichomes are fully cloudy. Gives it that Racey angry high feel when you smoke it. Plus quick dry, little to no cure, making it so very little if any CBN is present. Industrial growers have tons of the same plant growing so say you do this with 49, then grow 1 correctly while you dry, and package the rest. Now get that one lab tested, and the numbers on the strain look great.

Not sure if this is true. But on the menu question I would think they(dispo) and the grower would have to pay the breeder to use their name. It's how royalties work in just about any other industry.

weed420420420420420

weed420420420420420

I agree we need to get back to at least simpler and better thought out hybrids along with landrace. But here in PA they pushing extra extra boofy weed. It's so boof you wouldn't even believe how goddamn boof it is.

weed420420420420420

weed420420420420420

Not sure if this is true. But on the menu question I would think they(dispo) and the grower would have to pay the breeder to use their name. It's how royalties work in just about any other industry.
I guess that makes some sense. Sorry to keep rambling on. This weed makes me so ANGRY!

josefrahl

josefrahl

I guess that makes some sense. Sorry to keep rambling on. This weed makes me so ANGRY!
Could be the other way as well. The dispos see it as advertising for the breeder and want $$$ for each strain they carry. Either way I'm sure it comes down to the money.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
I just read a post (on youtube) saying dispensary genetics have reduced delta 9. This is why "medical" weed doesn't get me high and makes my anxiety worse. Not sure if this is true but they can't be making it this horrible just by growing for yield over potency/flavor. I think they are making it unpotent and lame on purpose. After all there is such a thing as weed that yields big and flowers fast and is still potent and flavorful. Good genetics should be able to shine through the big farming process at least a little bit.
Big brother doesn't want people too stony balony. Thats why dispo weed is hardly better than cbd weed.
That's why the dispo "rarely" lists any legendary strains. It's all a bunch of made up cheeseball names.

Show me a dispensary that lists on the menu exactly where the seeds came from for a strain. If I owned a dispensary I would want that proudly displayed on the menu. Like "here we have the 9lb hammer FROM jinxproof" or "oh look they have tknl5haze FROM ak bean brains" . Oh look they have nl5 FROM authentic genetics. Oh wow look they have the clone only deathstar cut. Hey look at that they have god bud FROM jordan of the islands.

Why do dispensaries not list strains like this. Show me one menu that says where the genetics came from. And show me a dispo menu that isn't 90% cheeseball made up names that nobody's heard of.
The only thing that makes “medical weed”
Medical it is not taxed at the dispensary. There is absolutely no difference between medical GMO and GMO you buy at the dispensary.
But you still pay the tax because they charge you 100s of dollars to have a state issued medical card. Medical card holders have to smoke a hell of a lot of weed to recoup those charges.

P

Putthataway

The only thing that makes “medical weed”
Medical it is not taxed at the dispensary. There is absolutely no difference between medical GMO and GMO you buy at the dispensary.
But you still pay the tax because they charge you 100s of dollars to have a state issued medical card. Medical card holders have to smoke a hell of a lot of weed to recoup those charges.
The medicine here went downhill after recreational was approved. Even some of the brands I liked went downhill. Went from frosty to no frost. Also went from plastic recyclable pill like bottles to glass jars and they no longer recycle the containers. Tax wise it saves a ton of money to have your card. It allows more for edibles. Here’s the kicker if you have your card to buy you can’t grow unless you live over 30 miles from a dispensary, but someone buying recreational can grow. You can get a medical license to grow but can’t buy. There’s some exceptions for let’s say an employee. I let my card expire .

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
We need to have a medical card to grow. With it we can grow up to 15 plants per year. There's no fee for the card, but a doctor must prescribe it. Prescriptions cost $200 for the first and $120 for renewal. The card removes some trivial taxes. There are no buying differences based on medical status.

I have a medical card mostly because having one saves me from worrying about it. The prescription is a joke. The law just provides opportunities for doctors to make a little extra money.

Dadman86

Dadman86

The smoke shop in town sell hemp derived products. I bought a disposable vape couldn't return it. It said there was 4 kinds of THC on the back. The thing caught me a buzz was super harsh though.

Dadman86

Dadman86

We need to have a medical card to grow. With it we can grow up to 15 plants per year. There's no fee for the card, but a doctor must prescribe it. Prescriptions cost $200 for the first and $120 for renewal. The card removes some trivial taxes. There are no buying differences based on medical status.

I have a medical card mostly because having one saves me from worrying about it. The prescription is a joke. The law just provides opportunities for doctors to make a little extra money.
I like my medical card. Probation can't say shit to me.

P

ProfessorIndica

Basically they just harvest really early before the trichomes are fully cloudy. Gives it that Racey angry high feel when you smoke it. Plus quick dry, little to no cure, making it so very little if any CBN is present. Industrial growers have tons of the same plant growing so say you do this with 49, then grow 1 correctly while you dry, and package the rest. Now get that one lab tested, and the numbers on the strain look great.

This is not at all how it's done.the thca market is regular old cannabis nothing different. Medical dispensaries are showing thca as they aren't using gcms.

To be compliant hemp, the compliance test is done 30 days prior to harvest, 6-8"from main stem, terminal buds , leaves, stems all ground up and tested. 30 days before harvest on a 8 week strain or 9 week strain, well yiu can now understand how its compliant.

Now as far as genetics are concerned, they're no different now, the only difference is with one stroke of the pen all of our drug genetics now became hemp genetic technically under the letter of the farm bill

So Bud's grown from those genetics are technically high THC hemp strains now 😉. Truth of the matter is there's no regulation nothing more than a simple test prior to harvest all the COA is attached to any of that shit that sold online they're likely fake this stuff is not going to test compliant once it's done and dried.

I got fucking pounds of weed legally online shipped through USPS full of Milky and Amber trichomes.

Basically what you have to look for is finding the vendor that's attached to a good grower. Nothing More.

Because with hemp everybody and their mother all of a sudden became a grower and selling shit

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
This is not at all how it's done.the thca market is regular old cannabis nothing different. Medical dispensaries are showing thca as they aren't using gcms.

To be compliant hemp, the compliance test is done 30 days prior to harvest, 6-8"from main stem, terminal buds , leaves, stems all ground up and tested. 30 days before harvest on a 8 week strain or 9 week strain, well yiu can now understand how its compliant.

Now as far as genetics are concerned, they're no different now, the only difference is with one stroke of the pen all of our drug genetics now became hemp genetic technically under the letter of the farm bill

So Bud's grown from those genetics are technically high THC hemp strains now 😉. Truth of the matter is there's no regulation nothing more than a simple test prior to harvest all the COA is attached to any of that shit that sold online they're likely fake this stuff is not going to test compliant once it's done and dried.

I got fucking pounds of weed legally online shipped through USPS full of Milky and Amber trichomes.

Basically what you have to look for is finding the vendor that's attached to a good grower. Nothing More.

Because with hemp everybody and their mother all of a sudden became a grower and selling shit
You got that shit rite!

I grow hemp legally for CBDv or CBG oil.
It’s all cannabis, just government regulations get in the way

josefrahl

josefrahl

I was referring to why dispensary weed is the way it is from someone else's post not the THC v. Thca stuff. I have a customer who grows CBD, CBG, and THC on different farms out here. The CBD CBG are done before harvest but the THC is tested after dry/cure to check for bugs, pesticides, ect., and if you're growing multiple plants of the same strain the potency test is only done on one small sample from one plant.

BB22

BB22

I live NC. We are in the dark ages when it comes to cannabis . 😩

I’m learning that some sketchy places sell cannabis that is just in different levels of ripeness. Think cloudy, versus clear, versus Amber Tricoms That’s how they are trying to apply laws to this to collect taxes 🧟‍♂️👎

different derivatives of the compound that nobody really understands….wtf

I grow my own 💪👊🤓

Top Bottom