• Thread starter MendoGiantZ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

Nice blue dream plant in a 300 gallon.

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

This year has been crazy with things flowering. I had a bunch of holy grail. Pre 98. And some other og crosses that showed preflower. Thank god I do tons of extras and am super on it and yank out anything flowering and replace it as soon as possible with a back up plant. Here is a holy grail that I hope is the last one I will find. I have my back up starts in 15 gallons right behind the big 300

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

I got 8 cherry pie clones from my buddies veg room and we were able to put them in 20 gallons right away. There were way ahead of everything else so we then placed them around the greenhouse in 300 gallon pots with the supplemental lights making sure they don't flower. They are way ahead of everything else. One is 8 feet tall already if you count the pot.
The light dep is really boosting and tomorrow I'm gonna have my buddy start covering the hoop house at 530 pm and uncover it after dark. I have 26 blue dreams, ten cherry pies, 16 twist Og and 16 archive ogs.

BudBogart

BudBogart

This year has been crazy with things flowering. I had a bunch of holy grail. Pre 98. And some other og crosses that showed preflower. Thank god I do tons of extras and am super on it and yank out anything flowering and replace it as soon as possible with a back up plant. Here is a holy grail that I hope is the last one I will find. I have my back up starts in 15 gallons right behind the big 300View attachment 610060View attachment 610061
Hi Mendo, plants do look great. I have a couple of plants from seed that started flowering couple weeks ago. I don't necessarily have back ups, but don't want to waste time growing, trimming n curing garbage bud. One of them already over the 5 foot mark. Should I cut my losses and trash these or will they ever produce any keeper bud? Sorry for asking questions on your grow page, but your post and picture is so on target with my current issue. Thanks.

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

Flowering out plants that started to bud is often times not a good idea and they never produce anything with serious weight. I have planted medium sized plants July 1 in Mendocino county and got over two pounds per plant. If you know any friends or any clubs with some teenage plant I would rip them out and start with new healthy young clones I think u will be much happier. This is all based on info from the northern part of Cali. If your in southern Cali or in Colorado flowering times are gonna be a little different

BudBogart

BudBogart

Flowering out plants that started to bud is often times not a good idea and they never produce anything with serious weight. I have planted medium sized plants July 1 in Mendocino county and got over two pounds per plant. If you know any friends or any clubs with some teenage plant I would rip them out and start with new healthy young clones I think u will be much happier. This is all based on info from the northern part of Cali. If your in southern Cali or in Colorado flowering times are gonna be a little different

Thanks so much for sharing your knowledge. BTW, I am in El Dorado cty at 3000 feet. I watch your grow closely, learning from your grow. I am determined to grow my wife and I some quality organic bud this year. Very best of success to you. Bud

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

I just ordered 640 ten foot t posts from a vineyard supply company. I'm going to buy a 6.5 foot roll that's 3200 feet long of the hortonova plant trellising. I'm going to basically build a big cube of netting around the whole 300 gallon grow bag. We also generously applied growilla all organic vegetative top dressing to every plant. We probly used about 700 pounds of the 2000 pound bag that I purchased. Buying in bulk got me 70 percent off the normal 25 pound bucket price. We will re apply it every three weeks

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

My business partner is doing a massive re build of her old barn on the property that we use to dry. She promised me it would be done by May 20th but thanks to us being on a god damn scenic bike route it has made everything so much harder to get permitted. I am super stoked on the progress and can't wait to have a massive nice brand new dry room. Next year it will be an awesome veg / dry room that I will start all my babies for the light dep

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

So i obviously love to farm ganja but to be honest it is much more of a job to me then anything else .. I really like to garden around my house.. Yesterday my tractor guy came over and tore out all of the crappy pink roses that only bloom for about a week per year and dug massive holes in 10 different places... I replanted my Grapefruit tree that was in a half wine barrel as well as my Meyer lemon tree... I have a blueberry left to transplant and then its off to the nursery.. I can't wait... I think I'm gonna get a peach tree.. A cherry tree... An apple tree.. raspberry bushes and a couple more blueberries ( the blueberry bush i have is super delicious.) Im sure the fiancé wants me to get some stuff to..

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

@Blaze what is the deal with cherry trees?? You have to get two of them to produce fruit-- Do you have any pointers or any other varietals of fruit trees you really like..

Blaze

Blaze

@Blaze what is the deal with cherry trees?? You have to get two of them to produce fruit-- Do you have any pointers or any other varietals of fruit trees you really like..

Some are self fertile, it depends on the cultivar. You can get ones that will have 3-4 different types grafted on the same root stock too. Go check out Urban Tree Farm some time, it's really close to where you live. They are super knowledgeable and helpful and can help you pick out cultivars that should do well in your area and answer any questions. Almost all my trees have come from them.

I actually have not grown much stone fruit, but we are working on an expansion for our orchard this year that we intend to plant with cherries, peaches, nectarines and apricots. I tend to like the more hardy, easy to grow fruit trees, especially since we are constantly battling varmints and pests out in the hills here. Ones that have done really well for us are the 'Wonderful' Pomegranate, Pineapple Guava (aka Freoja), 'Brown Turkish' figs, and 'Fuyu' and 'Hachiya' Persimmons. All five of those have grown fast, produced well, and be relatively pest free with minimal extra care. You are far enough south you would probably have good luck with citrus too.

papapayne

papapayne

So,e how I stopped getting notifications. Got caught up again. Loving what you do with your life is paramount, and definitely see the passion in the pics. It must be awesome to have a trustworthy crew, I am at the size solo that I don't think I could realistically care for any more, and it's definitely burning it at both ends. Big props to the garden mate, and should be awesome to see it continue to unfold.

Top Bottom