The Adventure Continues. 2016 Edition

• Thread starter MendoGiantZ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

I was gonna use two thirds of the tea in the 300 gallon Rubbermaid tote and add his bloom called lock stock and barrel. Give all the light dep a gallon or two then use the last third for the vegging starts. Boom Shaka. They should love it

50YardLine

50YardLine

Cause the fancy package says it's soluble, it must be right?

A fungas spore cannot become soluble, sorry.

sol·u·ble
ˈsälyəb(ə)l/
adjective
  1. 1.

(of a substance) able to be dissolved, especially in water.
    "the poison is soluble in alcohol"

2. 2.

(of a problem) able to be solved.
Spore - n biology, a spore is a unit of asexual reproduction that may be adapted for dispersal and for survival, often for extended periods of time, in unfavorable conditions. By contrast, gametes are units of sexual reproduction. Spores form part of the life cycles of many plants, algae, fungi and protozoa.[1]Bacterial spores are not part of a sexual cycle but are resistant structures used for survival under unfavourable conditions. Myxozoan spores release amoebulae into their hosts for parasitic infection, but also reproduce within the hosts through the pairing of two nuclei within the plasmodium, which develops from the amoebula.[2]

Tell me how a living spore can "be dissolved, especially in water" Pretty sure that would kill the spore. Whatever though.

GrowingGreen

GrowingGreen

So I went and met up with my buddy and am gonna give his whole nutrient line a shot. If anyone has any pointers I'm all ears. I got a pickle barrel and a seventy pint airator. I have three air stones in there that are the shape of a soda can. ( this is what he Thought would be best. ). View attachment 597408 View attachment 597409View attachment 597410 View attachment 597411
Nice same set up i have brother, works great, i like the pickle barrels need to get me a few

Blaze

Blaze

Has this system been tested with a dissolved oxygen meter to ensure proper aeration? I'm always a little wary of those air stones, they often don't provide enough O2. I would ask if these tea recipes have been looked at under a microscope in order to evaluate microbial activity. Real lab results would be even better. I would be skeptical of any claims without some sort of quantifiable data to back it up.

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

So he doesn't sell the air pump and the 55 gallon drum that isn't part of his thing.. That is just what he recommended as a good starting method to brew his teas in... Do you think I should add a couple more air stones or the flat air disc in the 55 gallon drum.. The air pump I got has room to add about 8 more lines of air...

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

Has this system been tested with a dissolved oxygen meter to ensure proper aeration? I'm always a little wary of those air stones, they often don't provide enough O2. I would ask if these tea recipes have been looked at under a microscope in order to evaluate microbial activity. Real lab results would be even better. I would be skeptical of any claims without some sort of quantifiable data to back it up.
Thx blaze these are all good questions.... I basically just forwarded you message to him and we will see what he says...

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

Last night the air hose slipped off the aerator and the tea wasn't getting any oxygen overnight... I dumped out the whole batch today and started over.. :( kinda bummed.... I was also going to lease these two other properties and lately the owner has been acting weird and today he told me he had leased all the properties to one person and that I couldn't just rent his best two out of the four.... Life goes on...

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl

Very little in the way of CO2/O2 exchange occurs using air stones or via their bubbles themselves (insufficient surface area). Venturi is another story, but that'll cause foam fractionation to occur, we don't want that.

@MendoGiantZ -- It is at the water's surface that the gas exchange occurs. As long as you've got the surface roiling, you're achieving gas exchange. No need whatsoever for air stones. What I use is PVC pipe, drilled with 1/8th" holes, ALL turned to the underside (so the pipes stay clean when the air is turned off). Your buddy's products seem very similar to the Sensational Solutions I've been using for a few years. Not so much "soluble" as micronized and able to be pushed through fertigation & sprayers.

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

We have been taking out about half of the soil from the big pots and adding bone meal. Trace minerals , feather meal and kelp meal to each pot along with a bunch of perlite and chicken poop. Then we rototill the crap out of it and add all the removed dirt back in then repeat that process.

Latest posts

Top Bottom