The Adventures Of Frankie's Auto Cab!

• Thread starter FrankieCoste
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Is there any way you can put a piece of plexi where I have the arrow, with a fan above and below. It would kinda turn the top of the cab into a vented hood.

FrankieCoste

FrankieCoste

AUTO LEMON BUBBLE, DAY 20!

She's so quick! Feeding her very lightly though...

DAY 201

DAY 202

The 2 leaves at the bottom are already yellow though... :S

FrankieCoste

FrankieCoste

Is there any way you can put a piece of plexi where I have the arrow, with a fan above and below. It would kinda turn the top of the cab into a vented hood.View attachment 577040
Thanks a lot for that bro!!
Well, the thing is, it's a mess in my cab, because I have plants of different sizes (Green Crack is almost done while Daiquiri Lime was just born a few days ago haha), but let me try and take a pic of the cab. Gonna be hard with the HID on though...

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Thanks a lot for that bro!!
Well, the thing is, it's a mess in my cab, because I have plants of different sizes (Green Crack is almost done while Daiquiri Lime was just born a few days ago haha), but let me try and take a pic of the cab. Gonna be hard with the HID on though...
When I have smaller plants I just elevate the plant to get it as close to the light as I need. I've never grown in a cab but you can get a tent like mine for 60 with the holes for ventilation, and 2' more at the top. I mean I'm running a 600w in the same size with 80-85° tops. Just one 12" fan blowing over the tops.

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Lol I have the same black fan. I didn't realize you had a filter and fan already. Yea a cooltube would be your best bet. Just connect it to both sides of the cab. I bet any fan blowing through it would lower temps. Summer might require an exhaust out of the room tho.

FrankieCoste

FrankieCoste

Image 1
Image 2
Image 3
Image 4

And one of the affected leaves:
Image 5

This happens to all my plants - that is, they start having their lower leaves yellowing then dying off. Might have splashed some nutes on it while watering though...

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

I'm amazed you can grow 4 at a time in there. I guess its the soil and smaller pots. I can barely fit one in this tent in dwc. But you have me interested in doing a dirt grow. Cause your results with just a 250 are great. And I could deff fit one of those here and there.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Getting that ballast out of there would drop your temps. They produce quite a bit of heat. And it gets exponentially worse the higher the room temp is.

Then get a cooltube setup in there.
Cab air>charcoal filter>ducting>"4 inline fan>ducting>cooltube>ducting>outside cabinet.

That would solve your problems.

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Getting that ballast out of there would drop your temps. They produce quite a bit of heat. And it gets exponentially worse the higher the room temp is.

Then get a cooltube setup in there.
Cab air>charcoal filter>ducting>"4 inline fan>ducting>cooltube>ducting>outside cabinet.

That would solve your problems.
Good catch on the ballast. And I just saw 6" cool tube for $55 on ebay. But hell you can get a 600w dimmable balast and cooltube and everything for $90.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Good catch on the ballast. And I just saw 6" cool tube for $55 on ebay. But hell you can get a 600w dimmable balast and cooltube and everything for $90.

You can get a cool tube for $36 they are cheap.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/190944051570?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

That deal you posted looks great.
I just personally don't like "kits".
I like the ability to customize everything 1 piece at a time but that's just personal preference.

FrankieCoste

FrankieCoste

Thanks a lot guys!!! I rally appreciate it.
I'll invest in a cooltube soon then :)
It sounds like the best thing to do right now.
But I'm not sure how to build the whole thing, with ducting and stuff, given the small size of the cab...

That's what the top of the cab looks like (ain't exactly the same version but it gives you an idea..)

There's already a carbon filter in there but it's useless as I leave the doors open all the time...

Is there enough space to put a cool tube as well as ducting in there?

Thank you!

Peace,

(I'll update later with pics by the way!:)

Top Bottom