the beach house

• Thread starter Beachwalker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

The good news is I'm going to be adding couple new strains soon & I'm especially looking forward to this one

Screenshot 20200823 224441 DuckDuckGo
Screenshot 20200823 211512 DuckDuckGo

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

so I found this in the cloning tray this morning, it's in another room but it's humid as hell so I'm going to go spray my veg plants with some copper in a little while

View attachment 1021007View attachment 1021008

I took this cut three days ago I see no evidence of wpm in veg tent but I've dealt with it once before and I had one tiny spot visible, but before it was done I nearly lost half the veg tent!😕

Man this summer is brutal. Bugs mold and heat galore!

Looks like you caught it nice n early and know what to do. When i saw it the first time in my clone dome inside the veg tent with the plants i scrapped the whole thing and threw away all those clones i had spent so much time revegging. But i have not seen any more powdery mildew since.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Man this summer is brutal. Bugs mold and heat galore!

Looks like you caught it nice n early and know what to do. When i saw it the first time in my clone dome inside the veg tent with the plants i scrapped the whole thing and threw away all those clones i had spent so much time revegging. But i have not seen any more powdery mildew since.
Oh man I sprayed the whole veg tent down with copper immediately when I found it cuz I had one little wpm spot about the same size in the veg tent last fall, and before it was all done I almost lost half of my plants, and I treated them the minute I saw it too

but it was too late, by the time I saw that one spot it was already invisibly attacking most of the tent and was already on about half of the veg plants, and the affected plants lost about half of their leaves eventually, took me months to rehab the tent🤦‍♂️

I'm following along your issues and concerns with Pro mix, it's one of the reasons I've gone back to ffof and perlite, and if I'm honest I didn't like promix alone though I did like my last mix of promix, worm castings and perlite, the pH was Rock Solid never moved; I'll use promix again but for now I'm good with the dirt farming LOL

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Oh man I sprayed the whole veg tent down with copper immediately when I found it cuz I had one little wpm spot about the same size in the veg tent last fall, and before it was all done I almost lost half of my plants, and I treated them the minute I saw it too

but it was too late, by the time I saw that one spot it was already invisibly attacking most of the tent and was already on about half of the veg plants, and the affected plants lost about half of their leaves eventually, took me months to rehab the tent🤦‍♂️

I'm following along your issues and concerns with Pro mix, it's one of the reasons I've gone back to ffof and perlite, and if I'm honest I didn't like promix alone though I did like my last mix of promix, worm castings and perlite, the pH was Rock Solid never moved; I'll use promix again but for now I'm good with the dirt farming LOL

I miss the water only veg and the nutrient buffer in of but this will be my first plants from the start with pro mix hp and dyna grow foliage pro and protekt.

The veg plants i culled grown this way were some of the biggest branchiest plants i have seen. And the 2 that were past stretch were huge and super productive looking. I have grown tons of these seeds out. I really saw a difference.

Must be the silica. Cause more is missing than added here. No kelp or crab or nuthin’ in there. ;-)

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I miss the water only veg and the nutrient buffer in of but this will be my first plants from the start with pro mix hp and dyna grow foliage pro and protekt.

The veg plants i culled grown this way were some of the biggest branchiest plants i have seen. And the 2 that were past stretch were huge and super productive looking. I have grown tons of these seeds out. I really saw a difference.

Must be the silica. Cause more is missing than added here. No kelp or crab or nuthin’ in there. ;-)
I've started using silica within the last month too early to say I can see anything from it but I don't think it's a bad thing and I intend to keep using it

chemistry

chemistry

I've found the new ones take a week of using before they settle down, found this out when I was cleaning out my flower space after a run, the PH meter was all over the place, but it settled down again after a week of use, so I was thinking that it had time to dry out while I was drying out my plants. I'm maybe on the wrong path with this, but my PH meter is fine now, and back on form. Keep both and see if the new one settles in with use. 👍

TheKushie

TheKushie

There's nothing wrong with Chinese products that's why we lean towards it first when purchasing cheaper priced items. You just have to find the right cheap Chinese product and certain things need to be calibrated as in ph pen just as in certain things you should Invest a bit more money in a better product which usually cost alot more than Chinese counterpart. Alibaba Chinese factories galore for almost all your needs. Lol

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Most dead, some dying; no to read close to the same..
20200828 185546
20200828 184330

I use Aquarium drops.

By the time I need another PPM meter hopefully I'll find a similar work-around like the drops were to the PH meters

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

There's nothing wrong with Chinese products that's why we lean towards it first when purchasing cheaper priced items. You just have to find the right cheap Chinese product and certain things need to be calibrated as in ph pen just as in certain things you should Invest a bit more money in a better product which usually cost alot more than Chinese counterpart. Alibaba Chinese factories galore for almost all your needs. Lol
you're free to buy what you want good luck

TheKushie

TheKushie

They have $120 ph pens at the grow store I go to. I bought vivosun pens for 30 and spent the rest on buying nutrients.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
They have $120 ph pens at the grow store I go to. I bought vivosun pens for 30 and spent the rest on buying nutrients.
In general I agree with seeing if a product is essentially a commodity before spending premium dollars. But there are an awful lot of shitty pH measurement tools out there, and it's hard to know when they are borked sometimes.

That said, good luck.

Anthem

Anthem

In general I agree with seeing if a product is essentially a commodity before spending premium dollars. But there are an awful lot of shitty pH measurement tools out there, and it's hard to know when they are borked sometimes.

That said, good luck.
I it must depend on your needs. I guess that if you have. Little to risk fine save 160 bucks on pens. Others have too much at stake to find out if the pens are good or bad.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

This Blackberry Gum by Seed Stockers went into bloom on 5/23 if you can believe it??
Screenshot 20200906 083907 Gallery

I can believe it because she runs between 93 and 103 days and today is just around that higher mark, even though she's advertised as a 60 or 70 days strain I can't recall exactly but certainly not this long!!
2020 09 06 08 38 45 070

Even now there's hardly any amber, which is okay because she's a really heavy stone, some people even find her buzz "uncomfortable"
Screenshot 20200906 083702 Magnifying Glass

this would be about the only strain I've tried that when they say "narcotic effect" I might say yeah a little bit..

Forgot to take a picture of the plant today this is from last week
20200903 081358

I have a grow Journal here called 'Blackberry Gum' if anyone's interested in more info;

this is what the buzz feels like, or maybe some old Ozzy

Last edited:
Top Bottom