the beach house

• Thread starter Beachwalker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Want to put this here so I'd remember I found aphids on the only roma tomato plant today, hit them hard with the hose, tomorrow going to hit them again and then I'll spray Monterey on Tuesday didn't see any on the other plants but it was a quick look I'll check more closely this coming week, the plants still look great but these gotta go

View attachment 995960View attachment 995961
Update:

so I didn't hit them with the hose today there was nothing on them. I checked the rest of the tomatoes and nothing, seems to be only the Roma so I know what I won't be growing next year

so I'm going to hit it with the hose tomorrow, going to rain Wednesday so then Thursday I'll spray it with the spinosad, going to be clear weather a few days after that

Last edited:
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Im watching you deal with the aphids outside. You mentioned my ultimate fear of outdoor growing. Bringing pests inside.

And calcium will show first on new leaves as rust spots. It is immobile in the plant. Mag down low. Older leaves as it is mobile and the plant will take the old mag and move it up to new growth.
Lol it was mag but before coffee I don't know what the hell I'm seeing anyway all those leaves need to get stripped off anyway but I didn't want to do it this morning

Re: the bugs! you and me both🤦‍♂️ I've dealt with mites and there's nothing worse: just slash-and-burn but there's also better products now so I don't know maybe I'd try to fight them again?? I'm 0-2 vs. the two spotted mite, so idk? Not anxious to find out believe me

I was going to water when the wind was blowing and I could see something under those leaves when I checked they were all over the plant! I thought for a second about chopping it if I'm honest LOL

Yes I’ve had the scum sucking web spinning dope eating ........
But I beat them with eco oil man what a saviour $10.00 at my local hardware worth every cent . Od
that one plant the whole thing was crawling with them but amazingly it's still a beautiful healthy plant LOL?? It's going to be even better now I'm just glad I noticed early ..well wasn't that early cuz they were pretty well-established but you know what I mean LOL

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

A little pH bounce anyone? LOL🤷‍♂️
20200713 164818

This is what happens when one of my two gallon jugs doesn't get set to 6.4, think at least four plants might have been fed from that jug at 8.9 from tap, only three are showing it, 2 small plants have been flushed, the bigger one(s) will be fine

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Wow not sure exactly what in the format changed overnight but everything seems smaller and harder to use ..again :/

Maybe I'll figure it out after coffee

Top Bottom