• Start date
  • Tagged users None
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

9/28

Mazzy Star begins Bloom! πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘Œ
20200927 124342

..it will be fun dealing with her stretch πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ LOL

And she's not even my tallest veg plant, I've a giant Black D.O.G. I don't know what to do with? πŸŒ²πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ Hate to have to toss her out in the compost!

Had a whole tray of cuttings fail to root which put me at least three weeks behind getting plants into bloom, hence the extra growth

Edit: the pictures a little deceptive it looks like she's in a teacup LOL but that's a 3 gallon hard pot, that's how big she is and she's not even spread out!

I considered putting her in a 5 gallon grow bag but I can't stand those things indoors, they leak forever out of every side & there's so much more schlepping and watering with them forget about it I've had bigger plants in 3 gallon pots, she'll do fine just as she is

Last edited:
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

UFCUpdate:
10/3

Celebration!πŸŽ‰πŸŽˆ Four of the twelve cuttings I took on 9/14 are now rooted clones; pretty sad ratio but better than the try before πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ And more good news is I got three out of four strains rooted! (A 4th plant rooted a few days ago and is elsewhere)

20201003 145056

Have them under filtered 11 Watt CFL, at 78Β°, going to keep a dome on them overnight cuz some had just 1 visible root, so going to baby them a minute

The bad news is the mother plants are big, bushy & beautiful and sadly they're likely going to go into my compost pile πŸŒ²βœ‚πŸ˜”

Going to think about it but they all need a hundred days to ripen & I'm tired of tying up the bloom tent and the black dog would be the only strain I would want to run right now anyway but she's the biggest of them all so...

I have Romberrys that could be ready for bloom in 2-3 weeks so I think that's what I'll run next

In addition to a sack of mystery seeds I found recently and wanna try I still have a bunch of crosses I made that I've never tried and I have some half full (or half empty) breeder packs on ice which I need to get to before long too

Someone mentioned Wellfleet down the Cape a post or two above, this happened recently on a Wellfleet Beach we may have swam in Once Upon a Time, what were we thinking?! πŸŠβ€β™‚οΈπŸ¦ˆ

Last edited:
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Update:
10/4

These were some make-up seeds from The now-defunct Single Seed Centre, they were supposed to be Remo Chemo

Very difficult to see, had her out but I forgot to take pictures while I was working on her
20201004 082058

there's very little leaf left, she doesn't have many leaves to begin with, she's taking up about half my green bamboo sticks too LOL
20201004 082121

After a few years there's one of the originals and there's one crossed with GPS Gunslinger male left

They both have a distinct sour pineapple smell particularly the original and it's a rocket fuel kinda buzz !!!

The original went into bloom on 6/16, this morning with magnification they are slightly over half ripe!! I'm not expecting Amber on her but there were quite a bit of clear trichomes still

they're obviously weren't Remo chemo seeds; there probably not the most sativa leaning plant I've ever grown if I think back to the 80s and 90s but there's very little Indica in it for sure

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Update:
10/5

So a couple of strains that I wanted to start didn't come through but I got many other strains in que that I'll get around to at some point this winter, however I have made some changes:

I'm not going to toss these giant veg plants, I trimmed the hell out of them just now and in 24 hours I'm going to put them all into bloom

I've got one sativa in there that I can take out anytime it's virtually done and it's taking up about half of my green bamboo sticks so..

I've got another one that'll be done in 60 days so I'm going to have a manageable amount in there

I can start blooming the smallish Romberries in 4 to 6 weeks, however there a big assed plant too, virtually identical to Gorilla Glue in their growth, but I'm going to manage them a little differently in veg with the intention of making them more of a bush than a tree, plus I'm going to hold them back a bit right now to buy some time that way too

I've got some chain & hooks laying around in my gym to attach my light directly to the ceiling beams with so I can add 6 inch of height to the bloom tent by taking out the adjustable clip/rope things and pinning light straight to the roof, this will enable me to grow these Giants with ease ..hopefully πŸ€žπŸ™

My third spinosad spray for thrips (and my first routine IPM treatment) will also happen in a couple hours, not looking forward to spraying these freaking giants cuz it's a flood in there after that but it is what it is! I've seen no evidence of thrips since the second spraying

Sorry for the lengthy update I'm just making notes for myself more than anything else, so we'll end this with the official song of the beach house by JLP

Oops.! Forgot that the Bubba Kush X Bubblegum didn't root so I'm going to take a dozen cuts or so from that today and put them in the fridge for a couple days until I figure out what method I want to clone them with their an easy cloning plant I don't know how I didn't get any rooted but I'll probably go with my seed starting mix since it's worked best recently

Anyway that will set the Indian Bubblegum plant back a bit so it won't be going into bloom for at least 5 days

Last edited:
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Chains and clips from the gym? We all know where the whips and chains came from ! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜³πŸ€ͺ😎🀣
LOL you caught me mr. Mosh! 🀣

J/K I really do have a gym, & if I can get that light closer to the roof it will greatly simplify my life for the next two or three months!!! πŸ€žπŸ™

Last edited:
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Update:
10/6

So these are the clips..
20201005 162459

I'm figuring they'll add about 4" and believe me I need it, the black dog went into bloom today at 51" !! 😯😟 I'll get it done by the weekend, been working all morning that's enough right now
20201006 074607

With a million smaller tops like this she's not going to stretch too much but it's going to be a challenge supporting them all as she matures

So there's a vegging pseudo Remo Chemo that is not long for this world πŸ˜” but I think that's the only plant that I may have to scrap

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the Indian Bubblegum but she was topped so heavy yesterday I didn't want to put her in bloom today, I do have a plant coming out by the weekend so I'll probably put her in that slot and at least keep her around until the cuttings root 🀞🌱🌱🌱🌱

Too soon?

How about this one..

✌😎

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

UPDATE:
10/8

Jubilation!
This is the veg tent right now! 😯
20201008 091350

Tent Growers might agree that managing veg is the real trick!?

The only casualty is this pseudo Remo chemo but I took a beautiful clone from her recently, so..
a moment of silence please πŸ˜”
20201008 091620

So The Last of the Summer plants just started 48 hours of Darkness, not because I do that as practice but because it freed up some room, coincidentally it was a pseudo remote chemo as well

Going to be starting some seeds soon, in addition to finishing up a few opened breeders packs there's that little poke of seeds I found that are at least 15 years old and there's a few that I chucked as well
20200905 140346

The romberry and Gorilla Glue crosses are probably up next

Also while I was up in my attic I noticed an old tray and 10 more small white pots that I really can use right about now
20201008 071315

these are from my old growing days in the last century, we've come a long way baby! LMAO
✌🀣

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

UPDATE:
10/9

Whoah Nelly! (I say corny shit like that on purpose btw) Got a little ahead of myself yesterday but now I'm back proper; opened the fridge this morning reached in back for a new gallon of milk and I forgot about the dozen Indian Bubblegum (Bubba Kush x Bubblegum) clones that are waiting for me in there!! 😯 LOL

I'm going to get them going presently, don't know if I'll start the seeds concurrently or not (still trying to figure out which seeds to start?πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ)

Certainly have enough room in the veg area to do both now so maybe I will πŸ€” I'll figure it out by the time I pour my next cup of coffee, I'm sure..

..and then there's this

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

UPDATE:
10/9

Veg tent insulation installation complete: (K-factor 729.3)
20201009 113613
20201009 114838

9" fan #3 cleaned & serviced
Clip fan #2 cleaned & serviced

Black Dog clone looks iffy😬🌱 going to take some cuttings from the BD mother in the morning. Will start all clones in the a.m.

Starting GPS Gunslinger seeds first (Stardog Γ— Starfighter)
20191121 044234

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Update:
10/10

Have had Indian Bubblegum cuttings in the refrigerator for 5 days; Last time I did this they rooted like rockets, so hopefully they do this time too! πŸ€žπŸ™

Some black dog cuts..
20201010 084513

With those newly found little white pots pictured above I'll have plenty of cuttings, just need one of each, you know the cloning rule take a lot more than you need LOL

Will put up a picture of the tray when the cuttings are done, going to keep these in the veg tent at 78Β°, plenty of room in there now

Here's one for vibrato fans 😯

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Almost forgot, glad I took a picture of this odd Leaf damage, had it on all four plants and I've never had it before
View attachment 1032491

Can't say it's from the thrips but they're four different strains and they all had this identical issue on a few lower leaves

Soil is in range and never fluctuates, 400-500 PPM 6.4 - 6.6 pH every check
@MIMedGrower We talked about this briefly a few pages back, I wonder if RA is what's causing this ??
Screenshot 20201012 072957 Chrome

because there's never a change in runoff number, I check and record them every third watering which is about every 6 days

I put a brand new yellow sticky in veg just to see if I had any flyers and haven't had even one and it's been weeks

I'm still looking at products and reading up then I'm going to go back and read your symptoms and see what the hell you had going on

To the best of my memory I don't recall you having anything looking like that leaf though

Edit: btw I serviced all for blooming plants this morning and this odd Leaf damage seems to have completely stopped

It's starting to feel like what you went through for almost a whole year chasing ghosts!πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ

Also I've added slightly more magnesium to my Masterblend recipe now because I've been seeing slight magnesium deficiency here and for the first time since I've been using it, not enough that I would folar spray tho, so far the added magnesium has taken care of it, but I also know that's an indicator you had of the RA

Last edited:
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

@MIMedGrower We talked about this briefly a few pages back, I wonder if RA is what's causing this ??
View attachment 1042746

because there's never a change in runoff number, I check and record them every third watering which is about every 6 days

I put a brand new yellow sticky in veg just to see if I had any flyers and haven't had even one and it's been weeks

I'm still looking at products and reading up then I'm going to go back and read your symptoms and see what the hell you had going on

To the best of my memory I don't recall you having anything looking like that leaf though

Edit: btw I serviced all for blooming plants this morning and this odd Leaf damage seems to have completely stopped

It's starting to feel like what you went through for almost a whole year chasing ghosts!πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ

Also I've added slightly more magnesium to my Masterblend recipe now because I've been seeing slight magnesium deficiency here and for the first time since I've been using it, not enough that I would folar spray tho, so far the added magnesium has taken care of it, but I also know that's an indicator you had of the RA

Well weird leaf damage like that could sure be a root issue. I fed them more. My ec came back less and less.

I only would know for sure if I saw them. Thats why im so stressed now. For my eyesight and speed now they are truly an invisible killer.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Well weird leaf damage like that could sure be a root issue. I fed them more. My ec came back less and less.

I only would know for sure if I saw them. Thats why im so stressed now. For my eyesight and speed now they are truly an invisible killer.
Amen to that I hunted and hunted I cut that freaking root ball up but never saw another one, if that one sucker wasn't there at that exact spot that I started looking I never would have saw one!

Before I dump that root ball out in the compost today I'm going to see if I can get a picture of what I think is that white waxy stuff

So this has probably been going on awhile, the numbers are probably low because I run a tight wet/dry cycle, I'm guessing they're not comfortable with that

Being that I suspect their numbers are low I think I can control them if not eventually wipe them out with an ongoing IPM?

After all the study that you've put into this what one product would you recommend?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Amen to that I hunted and hunted I cut that freaking root ball up but never saw another one, if that one sucker wasn't there at that exact spot that I started looking I never would have saw one!

Before I dump that root ball out in the compost today I'm going to see if I can get a picture of what I think is that white waxy stuff

So this has probably been going on awhile, the numbers are probably low because I run a tight wet/dry cycle, I'm guessing they're not comfortable with that

Being that I suspect their numbers are low I think I can control them if not eventually wipe them out with an ongoing IPM?

After all the study that you've put into this what one product would you recommend?

Imid is the main pesticide recomended. But its 6 week systemic. So botanigard is next for effectiveness and can be used in flower but has to contact the bugs during drench. Does not grow or stay in the media.

All the reputable links online direct the same info.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Imid is the main pesticide recomended. But its 6 week systemic. So botanigard is next for effectiveness and can be used in flower but has to contact the bugs during drench. Does not grow or stay in the media.

All the reputable links online direct the same info.
Why does the Imid keep coming up that it's for trees and shrubs and maybe apple and pear trees but nothing about vegetables and herbs, or maybe I'm missing it?

Is it safe to use on cannabis? I see a lot of negative articles about it, don't know if I'm comfortable using it

If I'm not going to use the imid would you recommend the botanigard over Azamax ?

Latest posts

Top Bottom