the beach house

• Thread starter Beachwalker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I don't know why but I believe I read it in one of the first four links that you posted in your thread I think it may have been in the University study but I'm not positive and it also didn't say how much quicker it got out of the plant

It can be hard, customers have no idea how difficult it is to put quality bud in a jar

Anyway I'm sick of this shit I've had a headache for two days since I found that freaking bug🤦‍♂️ I've never read so much about bugs in my life but I'm over it I'm going to order the imid figure out the dosage and go with that

Was it a tiny half millimeter insect? Weird you only saw one.

Mine were tiny white bugs that ran along the pot edge and sides after watering. I had springtails when i used ocean forest so i missed them just in the runoff water. One of the reasons i switched to pro mix. No springtails show up in mine.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

My bad I confused it with this product
Screenshot 20201013 123602 Chrome

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Was it a tiny half millimeter insect? Weird you only saw one.

Mine were tiny white bugs that ran along the pot edge and sides after watering. I had springtails when i used ocean forest so i missed them just in the runoff water. One of the reasons i switched to pro mix. No springtails show up in mine.
I was actively praying that it was a springtail as I was observing it🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏 but it was a aphid 😫🔫🐒

This is what I saw
Screenshot 20201013 123937 Photo Editor

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I was actively praying that it was a springtail as I was observing it🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏 but it was a aphid 😫🔫🐒

Yeah i guess we have all looked at enough pictures of them by now.

Sorry bud. Best of luck. I will keep reporting on my thread.

The best info i dug up that was not in most links is that the imid can move up the plant away from the roots before infecting all the root aphids so it is neccessary to drench a second time 2 weeks later.

I did not know this in time.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Yeah i guess we have all looked at enough pictures of them by now.

Sorry bud. Best of luck. I will keep reporting on my thread.

The best info i dug up that was not in most links is that the imid can move up the plant away from the roots before infecting all the root aphids so it is neccessary to drench a second time 2 weeks later.

I did not know this in time.
Believe me I'm getting most of my information from you at your thread, I'm sorry you have to go through this BS too, plus you had it worse and lost a lot more than me I was able to harvest everything

and if I had to guess I don't think it's your growing skills that are causing your issue, I don't know if that's good news or bad news but it certainly wouldn't be your growing skills imo, even with a new medium &/or new nutrients

I think this is something that will be handled over time through dedicated IPM treatments not sure this can be knocked out instantly

One huge thing I think keeps these down is letting the plants dry way the hell out, I do that as a rule anyway

Last edited:
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Update:
10/14

Old bottom Leaf, think this is old thrip damage from the veg tent. There were just two or three old bottom leaves like this

the brown *goop with the consistency of dark honey was in two places on the same leaf..

Couldn't find it online, anyone know what it is?

20201014 073520

2020 10 14 07 45 13 827

2020 10 14 07 43 52 675

2020 10 14 07 44 14 700

This is the plant
20201014 080207

Black Dog clone didn't make it; although it's only been in the veg tent a week or so it's going to get a full soil autopsy later this afternoon

Re: the thrip issue, I'm a couple days late for the routine IPM spraying, the bloom tent will be getting treated tonight including the plant that's about 4 weeks into bloom, she's got 2 months to go

I haven't seen any new damage or any new bugs since that crawler in my roots but I'm going to continue watching everything closely

I've decided what action I'm going to take regarding possible root aphids, I'm going to do nothing at this point:

The reason being the more I look at the similarities and differences between the lava stages of thrips and aphids the more unsure I am of what I saw?

Screenshot 20201014 093720 Google
Screenshot 20201014 093759 Google

Last edited:
Madmax

Madmax

Im amazed that you guys get so many problems with bugs..all these introduced through soil brought in...can you cook the soil to kill lava etc or does that bugger the soil up ..pretty cool diary Beachwalker..

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Nematodes will be the first thing I do if and when I respond to whatever the hell may or may not be going on in my soil🤦‍♂️

I saw your recent pictures from this morning, I'm going to read up on your feed and media later because something strange is going on with your new plants that just doesn't make sense

Seems to me if you have that heavy of a re-infestation so quickly to affect a plant that much you'd be able to notice them, but what else could it be??

Have you considered just popping the pot off the bottom and taking a look at the visible roots, it shouldn't disturb the plant very much

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Im amazed that you guys get so many problems with bugs..all these introduced through soil brought in...can you cook the soil to kill lava etc or does that bugger the soil up ..pretty cool diary Beachwalker..

I went 6 years without shutting down and never saw more than a couple gnats. Eventually every grower will deal with them. The more growers around the more pests will become common.

I think they came in from soil but it is more likely the soil was infected at the grow store than anywhere else. They dont come from peat naturally.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Nematodes will be the first thing I do if and when I respond to whatever the hell may or may not be going on in my soil🤦‍♂️

I saw your recent pictures from this morning, I'm going to read up on your feed and media later because something strange is going on with your new plants that just doesn't make sense

Seems to me if you have that heavy of a re-infestation so quickly to affect a plant that much you'd be able to notice them, but what else could it be??

Have you considered just popping the pot off the bottom and taking a look at the visible roots, it shouldn't disturb the plant very much

I never saw the bugs when pulling the rootball. Only when watering.

This has happened over a year and 3 different brands of soils and 2 brands of nutes.

And the bug i found sure looks like an aphid flier.

In the earlier stages the early yellowing of fans was first. Later much more damage faster.

That yellowing happened over 2 days max.

Also the runoff ec comes back a few points lower than input. 1.2 in .9 out. It got worse with the mass infestation. 1.2 in as low as .4 back. The bugs eat the nutes right out of the roots.

I bet the plants look better tonight after the botanigard.

I am going to treat the other two plants in the room. And grow these 6 to finish best i can. Then i am going to i troduce new plants with the 2 doses of imid hoping to have a couple weeks into flower to keep killing the root aphids.

And i may set up a tent and flower i. The basement next time. Or hust tey to clean the room again. But with this old cabin i cant stop bugs from getting in the floors and walls. To many holes-and open board floor.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I never saw the bugs when pulling the rootball. Only when watering.

This has happened over a year and 3 different brands of soils and 2 brands of nutes.

And the bug i found sure looks like an aphid flier.

In the earlier stages the early yellowing of fans was first. Later much more damage faster.

That yellowing happened over 2 days max.

Also the runoff ec comes back a few points lower than input. 1.2 in .9 out. It got worse with the mass infestation. 1.2 in as low as .4 back. The bugs eat the nutes right out of the roots.

I bet the plants look better tonight after the botanigard.

I am going to treat the other two plants in the room. And grow these 6 to finish best i can. Then i am going to i troduce new plants with the 2 doses of imid hoping to have a couple weeks into flower to keep killing the root aphids.

And i may set up a tent and flower i. The basement next time. Or hust tey to clean the room again. But with this old cabin i cant stop bugs from getting in the floors and walls. To many holes-and open board floor.
What about trying nematodes?

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Update:
10/15

The clone that failed got a thorough soil autopsy and there was nothing moving in it at all

I spread it out like a pizza pie in a green catch saucer and went over it with lighted 30X and it was clean

in fact it's only been in the pot about a week or ten days so I'm going to re-use it when I up pot a gorilla glue later today

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I culled the 2 worse plants last night. And thouroughly checked the root ball. They got botanigard 10 days ago and a fresh water with nutes about 4 days ago and seemed to be recovering.

I did not see any moving bugs in the roots. I did see some white gooey spots of strings that do not look like myco and an article i linked in my thread said thats the white gook they produce in an early stage.

They were a bit stunted so i let them go.

Im going to have to buy a usb microscope so i can get pics of this sort of thing.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Also I forgot to mention. Sorry i didnt take a pic but i brought these plants right down to the back door.

The roots were bright white when i transplanted. And plentiful. Last night after the damage and all half the roots are tan to brown and kind of flat and stiff. I assume the bugs sucked the life out of them before the treatment. Then it seems to take about 2 weeks for them to regain numbers. Which supports the 2 doses of imid in early veg 2 weeks apart.

I am going to get control of this situation!

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

20201017 084757
20201016 112541

Yes, it is ridiculous!🤦‍♂️ There too tall!

..so instead of super-cropping each and every individual top I got these today because the other hooks wouldn't fit
Screenshot 20201017 113136 Chrome

..but these should let me raise the light about four or five more inches, and I really need the extra height!

Found this, still vacuum sealed (last one) swerve's la og affie! Yum!
20201015 115345

Screenshot 20201014 010556 Gallery

Edit: the new hooks worked perfectly! Big difference in light coverage & penetration ..and no more bending tops!!! 👏😏

Harvard

Harvard

I battled them bastards up to 2012, cops took all my plants and aphids lol. Probation officer said no grow for 1 year. I haven’t seen them since, but I been a lot more careful and don’t bring anything inside or take clones from people.
After reading all these posts on them it made me nervous so I bought some BotaniGard for a safety measure and used once.
Easy answer, keep a years worth of smoke and quit growing for a year, Good luck with them Beachwalker!

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I battled them bastards up to 2012, cops took all my plants and aphids lol. Probation officer said no grow for 1 year. I haven’t seen them since, but I been a lot more careful and don’t bring anything inside or take clones from people.
After reading all these posts on them it made me nervous so I bought some BotaniGard for a safety measure and used once.
Easy answer, keep a years worth of smoke and quit growing for a year, Good luck with them Beachwalker!

Hey thanks for stopping by the beach house! Sorry to hear about your bad luck. So far I've seen one root bug I wasn't able to get the camera to it but I did observe it for 5 to 10 seconds and I think it was an aphid although I am dealing with thrips, so was it a young thrip in The Roots?? I don't know at this point so I've chose to do nothing, if I do make a move nematodes would probably be first

The root ball that I saw that one bug on had been in bloom around 120 days so if it was aphids I would think they would be established to the point where I could have found some others? Also fresh yellow sticky cards have zero flyers on them, haven't noticed a flyer since late summer

I'm also seeing no other evidence of root aphids, so staying hopeful! I've got some up potting to do later today so I'm going to get another look at at some establish roots later today, I'm hoping to find nothing 🙏🤞

Last edited:
Harvard

Harvard

Hey thanks for stopping by the beach house! Sorry to hear about your bad luck. So far I've seen one root bug I wasn't able to get the camera to it but I did observe it for 5 to 10 seconds and I think it was an aphid although I am dealing with thrips, so was it a young thrip in The Roots?? I don't know at this point so I've chose to do nothing, if I do make a move nematodes would probably be first

The root ball that I saw that one bug on had been in bloom around 120 days so if it was aphids I would think they would be established to the point where I could have found some others? Also fresh yellow sticky cards have zero flyers on them, haven't noticed a flyer since late summer

I'm also seeing no other evidence of root aphids, so staying hopeful! I've got some up potting to do later today so I'm going to get another look at at some establish roots later today, I'm hoping to find nothing 🙏🤞
I’ve never seen thrips in the roots but possible I guess. I noticed them on my basement door window, it had clear goo and fliers stuck to it. I had them bad obviously. That was with little control, no root drenches, just captain jacks spray.
Do the crime, do the time, I had a good run! I would still have them I assume if it wasn’t for the year breake.

Top Bottom