the beach house

• Thread starter Beachwalker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Why does the Imid keep coming up that it's for trees and shrubs and maybe apple and pear trees but nothing about vegetables and herbs, or maybe I'm missing it?

Is it safe to use on cannabis? I see a lot of negative articles about it, don't know if I'm comfortable using it

If I'm not going to use the imid would you recommend the botanigard over Azamax ?

Yes. And search for...

Not trying to ne a wise guy. All the cannabis articles say the same as greenhouse production articles.

Dirtbag directed me to use it very early. I used half of 1/3rd teaspoon in a gallon and only poured through the red party cup about week 3 from sprout. But i did not follow up 2 weeks later in the one gallon. Plenty of time for a 6 week systemic to leach from the plant before flowers formed. And very little imid used.

I am going to do the next 4 plants 2x like that to be sure they all die.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

The greenhouse articles show imid 99% effective. Botaniguard 96% and other treatments are below that.
I've read for hours on this topic including all the links you were kind enough to post, I'm going to reread the study with the kill ratios and a good bit of your thread later on too, thanks again for all the info!

I've decided not to use the imidacloprid, I'm most likely going to go with the Botanigard, buy once cry once on this issue I guess

(Edited to remove initial link)

Screenshot 20201012 101335 Chrome

Last edited:
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I've read for hours on this topic including all the links you were kind enough to post, I'm going to reread the study with the kill ratios and a good bit of your thread later on too, thanks again for all the info!

I've decided not to use the imidacloprid, I'm most likely going to go with the Botanigard, buy once cry once on this issue I guess 🤦‍♂️

I understand. I didnt buy it initially. But i cant take a chance. My use is minimal. And i wont keep using it. But i will say the imid didnt hurt the plants but the heavy botanigard drench stresses them.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I understand. I didnt buy it initially. But i cant take a chance. My use is minimal. And i wont keep using it. But i will say the imid didnt hurt the plants but the heavy botanigard drench stresses them.
I get it, and if I'm honest I don't know if we'll ever get rid of them no matter what product or regimen is used?

Same thing I had with the friggin two spotted mites in the 90's, they live in the walls they live in crevices, you clean, you bleach over and over you light off bug bombs.. waited three or four months started the next set of seedlings and they were back almost immediately, so..? 🤦‍♂️

I think adding Botanica to my IPM & continuing the strict wet-dry cycle will control if not eliminate them, going to start there anyway, thanks again for the input, I'll keep in mind that you mentioned the botanigard drench stressed them

Whereas I had the infested plant in bloom almost a hundred and twenty days and there was very little evidence, I could only find one for all my digging I don't think it's a very heavy problem, my goal is to keep it this way

I don't know how often I'll be treating the blooming plants maybe not at all if I don't see an issue;

and by the time the next set go into bloom hopefully I can get a jump on their control in the veg tent, at least that's my plan for now🙏🤞😕

Last edited:
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I get it, and if I'm honest I don't know if we'll ever get rid of them no matter what product or regimen is used?

Same thing I had with the friggin two spotted mites in the 90's, they live in the walls they live in crevices, you clean, you bleach over and over you light off bug bombs.. waited three or four months started the next set of seedlings and they were back almost immediately, so..? 🤦‍♂️

I think adding Botanica to my IPM & continuing the strict wet-dry cycle will control if not eliminate them, going to start there anyway, thanks again for the input, I'll keep in mind that you mentioned the botanigard drench stressed them

Whereas I had the infested plant in bloom almost a hundred and twenty days and there was very little evidence, I could only find one for all my digging I don't think it's a very heavy problem, my goal is to keep it this way

I don't know how often I'll be treating the blooming plants maybe not at all if I don't see an issue;

and by the time the next set go into bloom hopefully I can get a jump on their control in the veg tent, at least that's my plan for now🙏🤞😕

Good luck my friend. I feel ya. Thats for sure.

Sh311Sh0ck3d

Sh311Sh0ck3d

One last thought: I couldn't find this on Amazon in anything less than a six pack but I found a single bottle of it here for about 25 bucks

from what I read this is imidacloprid in a form that gets out of the plant quicker, I have this in my product consideration list now that I found it in a smaller amount
Just noticed your post, Ive just read to tail end of it. I don't if this will help or hinder you, I hope it helps.
I had some leaf miners a little while ago, on my cannabis plants! I also had an infestation of green fly on my Bell Pepper plants. All has be resolved now and very quickly. I bought this stuff at the hydro store its called Pyrethrum 5EC and its a natural organic insecticide. It has definitely worked for me and we have since eaten peppers from those plants. It does say on the lable not to spray on open flowers. It was a little expensive but it worked, it didn't hurt the plants and that's what matters.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Sidenote:
——————————
LETS GO DODGERS!!
——————————
Hope your eradicate the RA issue beach. Happy grows brother.
Burnz

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

File under "when it rains it pours" and yes it's currently raining on the New England shore but that's not what I mean..

Yesterday I found wpm in the clone tray ..again 🤦‍♂️ LOL So in the 5 years* I've been back to growing I've had four and a half years of bliss, but in the last 6 months I've had thrips, root aphids and wpm (*that gave me a song idea)

Well actually I first had thrips at the end of last year; Anyway no panic, the wpm is handeled, and I'm watching the rest of the veg tent but small plants with plenty of room and lotsa air movement don't tend to get wpm

Still up in the air on how to treat the root aphids, although after more consideration probably going to take the advice of mr. Michigan and a few others I've read in his thread on this topic, I'm likely going to go with the imid

I probably won't use it in bloom at all unless there's some indication from the plants, and hopefully I can knock them completely out in veg so by the time the next set runs I'll be free of the scourge of RA 🤞🙏

Anyway that's my plan and I'm tentatively sticking to it..! 😁 🔫🐒

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Just noticed your post, Ive just read to tail end of it. I don't if this will help or hinder you, I hope it helps.
I had some leaf miners a little while ago, on my cannabis plants! I also had an infestation of green fly on my Bell Pepper plants. All has be resolved now and very quickly. I bought this stuff at the hydro store its called Pyrethrum 5EC and its a natural organic insecticide. It has definitely worked for me and we have since eaten peppers from those plants. It does say on the lable not to spray on open flowers. It was a little expensive but it worked, it didn't hurt the plants and that's what matters.
Thanks for the input, what I'm dealing with here is root aphids; they live in the dirt and chow down on the roots, and I'm going to kill them dead, I'm going to kill them all ☠

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Is DE useful as a preventative against root aphids?
I don't know but I read somebody was putting sand in the bottom to block the drain holes and sand on the top with good results but again I don't know what works and what doesn't work regarding this issue?

Sh311Sh0ck3d

Sh311Sh0ck3d

No worries. I have never heard of root aphids until now. I see the photo of the insecticide and as Ive had such good results with that stuff I thought I'd let you know about it. I guess I should look into root aphids before I am looking at them. Happy exterminations!

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

No worries. I have never heard of root aphids until now. I see the photo of the insecticide and as Ive had such good results with that stuff I thought I'd let you know about it. I guess I should look into root aphids before I am looking at them. Happy exterminations!
They're strange insects because they live in the dirt and suck at the roots but when there becomes too many of them they will actually sprout wings somehow and fly, and they find other less crowded roots I would imagine, they also start living on and sucking on a plants leaves, so they're a double threat in a way

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

File under "when it rains it pours" and yes it's currently raining on the New England shore but that's not what I mean..

Yesterday I found wpm in the clone tray ..again 🤦‍♂️ LOL So in the 5 years* I've been back to growing I've had four and a half years of bliss, but in the last 6 months I've had thrips, root aphids and wpm (*that gave me a song idea)

Well actually I first had thrips at the end of last year; Anyway no panic, the wpm is handeled, and I'm watching the rest of the veg tent but small plants with plenty of room and lotsa air movement don't tend to get wpm

Still up in the air on how to treat the root aphids, although after more consideration probably going to take the advice of mr. Michigan and a few others I've read in his thread on this topic, I'm likely going to go with the imid

I probably won't use it in bloom at all unless there's some indication from the plants, and hopefully I can knock them completely out in veg so by the time the next set runs I'll be free of the scourge of RA 🤞🙏

Anyway that's my plan and I'm tentatively sticking to it..! 😁 🔫🐒

Imid Should be used only in veg and has an up to 6 week systemic action so plan to have it out of the plant before flowers grow.

I will use it twice next plants. Once in the seedling cup. Once in the 1 gallon hoping it kills bugs through week 2 of 12/12.

After that must use only botanigard.

I will not have pesticides in my flowers.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I will not have pesticides in my flowers
That's why I've been looking at this because supposedly it gets out of the plant faster
Screenshot 20201013 120604 Chrome

either would work, I guess I'm just procrastinating. I'll order one or the other by the end of the day to get it over with if nothing else

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

That's why I've been looking at this because supposedly it gets out of the plant faster
View attachment 1043284

either would work, I guess I'm just procrastinating. I'll order one or the other by the end of the day to get it over with if nothing else

Why would it be shorter? Plenty of imid in there.

All my plants seem to be doing better after the second drench in a row of botanigard.

But i wish i had done the second dose of imid when i had the chance.

And it was a bad time for me to have changed mediums and nutes. Too many variables. Growing can be hard. :-(

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Why would it be shorter? Plenty of imid in there.

All my plants seem to be doing better after the second drench in a row of botanigard.

But i wish i had done the second dose of imid when i had the chance.

And it was a bad time for me to have changed mediums and nutes. Too many variables. Growing can be hard. :-(
I don't know why but I believe I read it in one of the first four links that you posted in your thread I think it may have been in the University study but I'm not positive and it also didn't say how much quicker it got out of the plant

It can be hard, customers have no idea how difficult it is to put quality bud in a jar

Anyway I'm sick of this shit I've had a headache for two days since I found that freaking bug🤦‍♂️ I've never read so much about bugs in my life but I'm over it I'm going to order the imid figure out the dosage and go with that

Top Bottom