the beach house

• Thread starter Beachwalker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

So I caught yet another plant up at 7.2 I've learned a valuable lesson about promix and dolomite! 🤦‍♂️

So I'm pumping the freakin newts in like no tomorrow and I'm keeping most of the leaves on, & nothing's too far from Harvest

first bubble gum is coming down Saturday she's got most of her leaves but they're turning yellow too :/

I could say it's the "fade" lol! but I've been trying to keep her leaves on for a couple weeks now, I imagine when I cut them back she's going to do a big Leaf Drop like my special Remo Chemo plant, eh, save me some trimming

My Remo's are not happy and I didn't get a clone from #2 either before the cloning drama started so she's going to be reveged.

She's that weird plant that was stunted and barely tolerates any newts or changes, if she's not perfect she's not happy and the other remo is doing better but Remos need to be really dialed in from my experience growing them, but I think the smoke is exceptional and plant #2 is the best one

The Remo/Gunfighter cross just yellowed up suddenly too and I would have to check my notes but I believe she was up at 7.2 also, she got watered with some 6 or 6.2 (I'd have to check notes) I'll keep the leaves on her & she's mostly done too, so..

Likely I'm mixing that soil today that I didn't get around to this weekend, and am leaving all the dolomite out. I can always add it later, maybe cast a tablespoon on the top when I put them in flower if the runoff seems to be going low, but I'm not adding it to anything with Pro mix in it ever again: lesson learned

Last edited:
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
So I caught yet another plant up at 7.2 I've learned a valuable lesson about promix and dolomite! 🤦‍♂️

So I'm pumping the freakin newts in like no tomorrow and I'm keeping most of the leaves on, & nothing's too far from Harvest

first bubble gum is coming down Saturday she's got most of her leaves but they're turning yellow too :/

I could say it's the "fade" lol! but I've been trying to keep her leaves on for a couple weeks now, I imagine when I cut them back she's going to do a big Leaf Drop like my special Remo Chemo plant, eh, save me some trimming

My Remo's are not happy and I didn't get a clone from #2 either before the cloning drama started so she's going to be reveged.

She's that weird plant that was stunted and barely tolerates any newts or changes, if she's not perfect she's not happy and the other remo is doing better but Remos need to be really dialed in from my experience growing them, but I think the smoke is exceptional and plant #2 is the best one

The Remo/Gunfighter cross just yellowed up suddenly too and I would have to check my notes but I believe she was up at 7.2 also, she got watered with some 6 or 6.2 (I'd have to check notes) I'll keep the leaves on her & she's mostly done too, so..

Likely I'm mixing that soil today that I didn't get around to this weekend, and am leaving all the dolomite out. I can always add it later, maybe cast a tablespoon on the top when I put them in flower if the runoff seems to be going low, but I'm not adding it to anything with Pro mix in it ever again: lesson learned
Its been about 5 days since I put a tbs of dolomite on my big Cherry Bomb and the new growth is doing fine, no sign of the leaf curling I was having with it last week. I've now applied a tbs on top of all 4 of my plants in ProMix. I'm not sure if its me/ my eyes/my brain or what but the first 3 plants I applied it to all seem to be lime green now not the dark green they were earlier. I don't know if its my brain playing tricks on me, thinking lime,seeing lime? They look healthy for the most part so I won't sweat it so I'll just have to watch and wait.
My Bubba Kush still has dark leaves but the new growth (like on all of them now ) is a light lime colour (notice my Canadian spelling) (fk the little red line I'm Canadian) now. It might have something to do with all the flushing I did on them trying to get my ph up.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Its been about 5 days since I put a tbs of dolomite on my big Cherry Bomb and the new growth is doing fine, no sign of the leaf curling I was having with it last week. I've now applied a tbs on top of all 4 of my plants in ProMix. I'm not sure if its me/ my eyes/my brain or what but the first 3 plants I applied it to all seem to be lime green now not the dark green they were earlier. I don't know if its my brain playing tricks on me, thinking lime,seeing lime? They look healthy for the most part so I won't sweat it so I'll just have to watch and wait.
My Bubba Kush still has dark leaves but the new growth (like on all of them now ) is a light lime colour (notice my Canadian spelling) (fk the little red line I'm Canadian) now. It might have something to do with all the flushing I did on them trying to get my ph up.
Glad it worked out dolomites great stuff I hope I'm not confusing you with my above post I added my normal amount that I put in Fox Farm into a new mix that contained promix and apparently there's a shitload of dolomite in the Pro mix that's why I'm having the pH issues but absolutely to bring low ph up or to keep it in the low 6 is Dolemite is great stuff I just would never use it with promix until I started to see low runoff

Also you may hear a lot of people talking negatively about runoff, I use it as a general guideline to gauge where my plant is at in general not specifics, it's correct that is slurry test is much more specific but I do feel that checking the run off every third or fourth watering is a good way to keep the feel of how the soil is doing, and if you notice it slow that's when you go to your slurry test

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Glad it worked out dolomites great stuff I hope I'm not confusing you with my above post I added my normal amount that I put in Fox Farm into a new mix that contained promix and apparently there's a shitload of dolomite in the Pro mix that's why I'm having the pH issues but absolutely to bring low ph up or to keep it in the low 6 is Dolemite is great stuff I just would never use it with promix until I started to see low runoff

Also you may hear a lot of people talking negatively about runoff, I use it as a general guideline to gauge where my plant is at in general not specifics, it's correct that is slurry test is much more specific but I do feel that checking the run off every third or fourth watering is a good way to keep the feel of how the soil is doing, and if you notice it slow that's when you go to your slurry test
Is there a way you know of to do a slurry test without munching through roots? With new soil I get it, do a test to see where you stand but to do a proper slurry test you need soil from the center of the mass. How do you do that without damaging the root system? I cut a door in and took a couple of core's but I could feel me cutting roots and that can't be good.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Is there a way you know of to do a slurry test without munching through roots? With new soil I get it, do a test to see where you stand but to do a proper slurry test you need soil from the center of the mass. How do you do that without damaging the root system? I cut a door in and took a couple of core's but I could feel me cutting roots and that can't be good.
I shove a green Miracle-Gro scoop down the side so I'm pushing the roots instead of tearing them as much as I can and then take a scoop as far down as I can reach

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Finally got this done I couldn't wait any longer I've been waiting for it to stop raining and consequently the arthritis to let up too LOL doesn't look like it's ever going to stop and I can't hold the veg back any longer in a 4×4, so I ate a cookie and here we go..!

This is the new mix, guess I'll see what happens with this, you can believe there's no added dolomite! (Didn't do any in all Pro-mix this time)

20191029 183604

2 Pro mix
2 ffof
2 perlite
1 worm castings
1 compost

That's all, nothing else definitely no dolomite; seems very light mix 🤞

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Finally got this done I couldn't wait any longer I've been waiting for it to stop raining and consequently the arthritis to let up too LOL doesn't look like it's ever going to stop and I can't hold the veg back any longer in a 4×4, so I ate a cookie and here we go..!

This is the new mix, guess I'll see what happens with this, you can believe there's no added dolomite! (Didn't do any in all Pro-mix this time)

View attachment 905646

2 Pro mix
2 ffof
2 perlite
1 worm castings
1 compost

That's all, nothing else definitely no dolomite; seems very light mix 🤞
Why more perlite? and whats the Fox Farms of stuff?

Moshmen

Moshmen

With 25-30% large perlite mixed with 1 bag of ocean forest i have a 2-3 day watering cycle at peak flowering. Thats under a couple 600hps.

How long do you have yours thirsty?
Right now my adult ladies need water every 2-3 days as well and I use my own mixture of amended soil, with about 30% perlite . I have recently thought about using the fox farms as I’m limited on my mixture right now and wanna start another tent!

Moshmen

Moshmen

Right now my adult ladies need water every 2-3 days as well and I use my own mixture of amended soil, with about 30% perlite . I have recently thought about using the fox farms as I’m limited on my mixture right now and wanna start another tent!
Do you guys use it right out the bag ?

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
With 25-30% large perlite mixed with 1 bag of ocean forest i have a 2-3 day watering cycle at peak flowering. Thats under a couple 600hps.

Mine in 3 gallon pots take 3-4 days under my 1000w hps at about 78 -78f @ 50-55% H my big 5 gallon takes around 4.5 days .

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

About the same, 2 days in the hot weather and 3 as it gets cooler

the mix above that I mention = 25% chunky perlite, I also find that ratio just about right

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
I mix FFOF in a 35 gallon bucket with perlite #4 and worm casings.
D581294D E104 4235 A58C 0EAA135D69DE

Half a bag FFOF to 64 ounces perlite and 32 ounces worms.
Mix thoroughly.
Then before filling bucket with soil 2-4 inches perlite in the bottom of the bucket pour soil mix on top. The perlite in the bottom helps with drainage and aeration.
When all is said and done roots will grow into the perlite.
EFC1FFEA F493 4BCA A7DB 7E1EAF28D20D

88732E49 B190 4AC0 911D 37D148112671

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

My Ghost Story:

The event took place in Witch City, Salem Massachusetts 4 years ago today, and involves ghosts, historic buildings, Halloween and cannabis ..and it's a true story.

My medical cannabis doctor (mmj) is in Salem, when I was approved his secretary said if I brought in certain paperwork that her office still required she could put it directly into the government portal and I would get my card sent to me quicker, so I drove in to see her shortly after lunch on 10/30/2015

Their office was on the second floor of an old red-brick three-story walk-up, there was no one else in the office and we were sitting there at her desk about three or four feet apart and she was typing in my info

Suddenly a radio on her desk in between us about 3 ft to my left, with the old style knob that must be manually turned on and off clicked on, and my eye went immediately to it and I saw the large round knob continue to slowly turn on its own and soft rock begin to play quietly

We both stared at the radio for a full 3 - 5 seconds, then we looked at each other and still no one spoke.

Eventually she continued to ask me questions & to input my info and I said:

"Hold on! That radio just turned itself on?!?"

She looked me in the eye and said "Oh my God this place is so haunted! You wouldn't believe what goes on here"

And she went on to tell me several related stories, one which I'll tell you;

she told me that often, particularly on quiet days like this she would hear the latch on the door handle jiggling up and down, thinking that someone was trying to enter the office and assuming the door was locked she would go to open it and there would be no one there; she said this happened quite frequently

So my story is not a riveting horror tale, but a true story involving ghosts, old historic buildings, Halloween and Salem, for what it's worth..? Happy Samhain!

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

So this is day 2 of completely redo the veg tent:

This was the results of day one..
20191029 183604
the recipe for this new mix is a couple of posts above

Today black dog and Indian bubblegum are getting up-potted
20191030 094327

20191030 094211

(is that the same plant I took a picture of twice by mistake?? LOL I know there's black dog out there somewhere!?)

Then later when the mud turns back to dust the hours of cleaning will begin :/

Yet another day of rain; the state must be putting diving boards on the bridge by now to accommodate all the people jumping off it, they're good that way

Last edited:
brethehitman

brethehitman

I mix FFOF in a 35 gallon bucket with perlite #4 and worm casings.View attachment 905665
Half a bag FFOF to 64 ounces perlite and 32 ounces worms.
Mix thoroughly.
Then before filling bucket with soil 2-4 inches perlite in the bottom of the bucket pour soil mix on top. The perlite in the bottom helps with drainage and aeration.
When all is said and done roots will grow into the perlite. View attachment 905669
View attachment 905670
How do you like that brand of earth worm castings? I have never used it, I typically try and find some local ewc, but where I just moved I cant find any. Thanks

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

How do you like that brand of earth worm castings? I have never used it, I typically try and find some local ewc, but where I just moved I cant find any. Thanks
Just started using it, this is my second set, my first set grew crazy roots like I never had before growing out the top of the soil I kind of think that it had a lot to do with it, but I would have no reference to compare it to any other brand at this point

Top Bottom