• Tagged users None
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Remo Chemo
20191114 145813

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Update:

Remo chemo & remo cross not ready, accidentally snapped a bud off one today & put it under the microscope; at least one more week :/ probably next Thursday I'll put them in the closet & Harvest next weekend for sure; they're not that far but I'm not going to take them this weekend

Flash
20191115 073928
20191115 073922

Was hoping to spread the Indian Bubblegum and black dog out some, they're starting to take off now

will be able to spread them some with a reconfiguration tonight at lights on (didn't feel like it now, been working for hours as it is)

Second reptile heater coming today, will give me a couple more degrees which will improve VPD

Decided to keep the new plants on the Schultz 20/20/20 with added cal/mag; they got fed at 500 PPM today

Couple more clones rooted, not sure if I'm going to keep them tho, cuz I'm about to start some strains from seed, and I'm only going to keep one of each strain as a mother

but I'm going to get rid of three big mother plants including that big Mazzy Star a few posts above :/ (sad) that will give me a lot of room in veg

have to do it, too big to flower & don't need any more cuttings from them

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

@MIMedGrower ..this is your fault! LOL you inspired me to keep the plants short and productive rather than those big bushes I was happy with before! ;)

just kidding, even back on the other site I was watching you grow these short beautiful plants and it was kind of pissing me off LOL it's definitely the way to go but it does take some discipline! I hate killing big healthy plants :/

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

@MIMedGrower ..this is your fault! LOL you inspired me to keep the plants short and productive rather than those big bushes I was happy with before! ;)

just kidding, even back on the other site I was watching you grow these short beautiful plants and it was kind of pissing me off LOL it's definitely the way to go but it does take some discipline! I hate killing big healthy plants :/

When I bend them they just keep growing. They dont miss a beat. If they were straightened back out they would be 5-6 feet tall.

If i had a high ceiling i would grow em tall and lollipop.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

When I bend them they just keep growing. They dont miss a beat. If they were straightened back out they would be 5-6 feet tall.

If i had a high ceiling i would grow em tall and lollipop.
I don't think so, because the bottom 18" to 24" is just waste, I see no need for it the only reason they're tall is cuz they get stuck in veg for ever :/ I like the way you keep em short, the Blackberry Gum was the first that I flowered short and it was very productive and gave about the same yield as those redwoods I've been growing, plus in my particular situation the shorter they are the more light I can get to them too

Hate killing plants but if I put them in now at 4ft they will be 5 and a half by the time they finish stretching, too tall! they'll also be bushy as Hedges and they'll Shadow everything else and I'll be putting everything on different level milk crates! forget about that I'm over it keeping them short from now on or they don't go in to bloom room

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I don't think so, because the bottom 18" to 24" is just waste, I see no need for it the only reason they're tall is cuz they get stuck in veg for ever :/ I like the way you keep em short, the Blackberry Gum was the first that I flowered short and it was very productive and gave about the same yield as those redwoods I've been growing, plus in my particular situation the shorter they are the more light I can get to them too

Right. I can get solid nugs almost down to the pot with the plants max 30” tall above the dirt.

But i would rather have a tall plant and cut the bottom out and stand the hell up when i garden. I would still have 30” of bud. Never tried it though.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

That's funny! you want the tall plants, I want the short plants.. Lmao! Grass Is Always Greener I guess

Man with this new chronic psiatica i have literally been sliding around on the floor moving plants and watering.

I am like re learning using my right leg. The nerve thing.

How bout a rolling task chair and nice tables of nice light rockwool. Lol.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Man with this new chronic psiatica i have literally been sliding around on the floor moving plants and watering.

I am like re learning using my right leg. The nerve thing.

How bout a rolling task chair and nice tables of nice light rockwool. Lol.
That's one reason I've always been jealous of your compact plants because in a tent I'm always moving at least a couple of them to get at the rest and the tops or the bamboo sticks are hitting the light or catching the roof of the tent or what-have-you! Forget about they grow up past the light and I can't even get light to the tops of them for the last month or so LOL that's not even the problem! That's how I broke off that Remo bud posted above just this morning! :/

Last edited:
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

That's one reason I've always been jealous of your compact plants because in a tent I'm always moving at least a couple of them to get at the rest and the tops or the bamboo sticks are hitting the light or catching the roof of the tent or what-have-you! Forget about they grow up past the light and I can't even get light to the tops of them for the last month or so LOL that's not even the problem! That's how I broke off that Remo bud posted above just this morning! :/

Makes sense. I figured out how to do this technique because a couple my first grow plants got too tall. In a 4x4 tent with a way too big air cooled reflector i didnt account for properly.

Then i bought this old converted cabin with low ceilings and just added another lamp and expanded what i was doing.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Right. I can get solid nugs almost down to the pot with the plants max 30” tall above the dirt.

But i would rather have a tall plant and cut the bottom out and stand the hell up when i garden. I would still have 30” of bud. Never tried it though.
One of the best items I put in my room it lets me enjoy the surroundings and since I've had it down in my room I've spent 10x the amount of time I was spending down there. A fold-able chair lol best $5 I've spent to improve my environment since I started this new me on this hobby. My new motto is be like Seraphine. Upgrade and improve my grow daily is the objective.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

So now that the cuts have rooted three 3 1/2' mothers are not going to see the morning :/ I always hate culling plants, one of them is that big Mazzy Star a few posts up, and there's a Romberry and Gorilla Glue also..
20191116 125915

The good news dejour is that the second 75 watt reptile heater has arrived & added the heat I wanted!
In a 64° room I now have 68° in the bloom during dark!

Burning two 75 watts reptile heaters is better than the 700 Watts I used to burn with the oil-filled radiator!
Screenshot 20191115 095039 Chrome

Here's a tip: Throw a thick blanket or comforter over the top of your tent to help retain heat, also doesn't hurt to get the plants up off the ground on thick styrofoam

So that's all I got; I'm going to start selecting the seeds I want to crack tomorrow, I've got a few ideas but the only certainty is going to be half the remaining GPS Gunslingers, wish me luck with those!? 🤞 2 years ago when I bought them they had sucky germination, I can't imagine they've improved with time :/

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

So now that the cuts have rooted three 3 1/2' mothers are not going to see the morning :/ I always hate culling plants, one of them is that big Mazzy Star a few posts up, and there's a Romberry and Gorilla Glue also..
View attachment 911053

The good news dejour is that the second 75 watt reptile heater has arrived & added the heat I wanted!
In a 64° room I now have 68° in the bloom during dark!

Burning two 75 watts reptile heaters is better than the 700 Watts I used to burn with the oil-filled radiator!
View attachment 911055

Here's a tip: Throw a thick blanket or comforter over the top of your tent to help retain heat, also doesn't hurt to get the plants up off the ground on thick styrofoam

So that's all I got; I'm going to start selecting the seeds I want to crack tomorrow, I've got a few ideas but the only certainty is going to be half the remaining GPS Gunslingers, wish me luck with those!? 🤞 2 years ago when I bought them they had sucky germination, I can't imagine they've improved with time :/

Maybe the seeds will have improved like fine wine?

Top Bottom