the beach house

• Thread starter Beachwalker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Nooooo.. hate trimming!
Bud in those pictures had been trimmed twice, they get trimmed two more times, once more before I hang them (and I don't know why I don't take the pictures then, but it seems I never do) and when dried they get lightly manicured once more before they go in the jar.

They look something like this when they're done..View attachment 912476

After three days of rain and then scrunching myself in the same position with one light over my shoulder the other one above me & the TV in front of me and not moving for 10 straight freaking hours.. I don't even want to think about the arthritis forget about it

Ps. cold & rain haven't been to a beach in over a month those pictures are killing me! :/
I don't spend anywhere near that time trimming, I do it when I'm about to kill them, let it drop to the floor and sweep up. I don't get my stuff so nice and clean though either & I don't care if it goes to bed a bit dirty, I'm not selling so it doesn't matter to me I'll smoke it regardless of what its looks like . Mine are also not that pretty, my ugly girls don't get a princesses manicure.😁

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I don't spend anywhere near that time trimming, I do it when I'm about to kill them, let it drop to the floor and sweep up. I don't get my stuff so nice and clean though either, I don't care if it goes to bed a bit dirty, I'm not selling so it doesn't matter to me. I smoke it regardless of its looks. Mine are also not that pretty, my ugly girls don't get a princesses manicure.
I hear you man if I've grown something that I intend to keep for myself she goes in the jar pretty hairy believe me LOL I hate cutting off those trichome-heavy sugar leaves, don't need no more hash right now ..or edibles
20191119 154642

Moshmen

Moshmen

I don't spend anywhere near that time trimming, I do it when I'm about to kill them, let it drop to the floor and sweep up. I don't get my stuff so nice and clean though either, I don't care if it goes to bed a bit dirty, I'm not selling so it doesn't matter to me. I smoke it regardless of its looks. Mine are also not that pretty, my ugly girls don't get a princesses manicure.
I smoke anytbing filled with trichs! And some that aren’t! Lmao
They are pretty when done! But I’d prolly smoke it before I got that fAr.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

So as happy (and lucky) as I was with that Mazzy Star cross I'm on the other end of the scale with this current unnamed cross of Gunslinger × Remo chemo :/

Granted it was a small bud that was dried over two days or so but yeah it didn't move me, it didn't have much of the mother in it, had an unusual and pleasant smell and taste, different than both parents but it didn't really do much as far as the high, but it will certainly get tried again soon

I'm about to start some more seeds, Gunslinger crosses with Gorilla Glue and Romberry are up next!? 🤞

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
So as happy (and lucky) as I was with that Mazzy Star cross I'm on the other end of the scale with this current unnamed cross of Gunslinger × Remo chemo :/

Granted it was a small bud that was dried over two days or so but yeah it didn't move me, it didn't have much of the mother in it, had an unusual and pleasant smell and taste, different than both parents but it didn't really do much as far as the high, but it will certainly get tried again soon

I'm about to start some more seeds, Gunslinger crosses with Gorilla Glue and Romberry are up next!? 🤞
I got some of the GG last year before they legalized here, the dispensaries had a hard time keeping it in stock I fell in love with it. Now that pots faux legal there's none to be found at government stores. They no better and what people want is Tweed general or Tweed enhanced. You see we were just misled by names like Gorilla Glue, Bubba Kush, Chemdog and such those strains are not permit able under the new regimes relaxed attitude toward cannabis. They believe what we need is No Name branded low thc crap. I gotta have a smoke, I can't get off this fk the government kick I'm on this morning.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I got some of the GG last year before they legalized here, the dispensaries had a hard time keeping it in stock I fell in love with it. Now that pots faux legal there's none to be found at government stores. They no better and what people want is Tweed general or Tweed enhanced. You see we were just misled by names like Gorilla Glue, Bubba Kush, Chemdog and such those strains are not permit able under the new regimes relaxed attitude toward cannabis. They believe what we need is No Name branded low thc crap. I gotta have a smoke, I can't get off this fk the government kick I'm on this morning.
I hear you, should try living in the States now it's ridiculous down here we're on the verge of the next civil war by 2025 :/

Best thing is to Chuck your own, you can buy pollen on what the hell was that site can't think of it just now, big trading site for seeds and pollen, I'll send it to you later in case you're interested but I grow my own males and take my own pollen

I tried about a half a dozen different strains of GG from the same dispensary some guy down the beach kept showing up with couple summers ago, but his so-called Gorilla Glue was all different weed LOL because it was so popular for a while I think they were renaming what they had laying around?

Been running GG couple years now, pretty good high, don't have much character tho, but good strong smoke

Last edited:
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I hear you, should try living in the States now it's ridiculous down here we're on the verge of the next civil war by 2025 :/

Best thing is to Chuck your own, you can buy pollen on what the hell was that site can't think of it just now, big trading site for seeds and pollen, I'll send it to you later in case you're interested but I grow my own males and take my own pollen

I tried about a half a dozen different strains of GG from the same dispensary some guy down the beach kept showing up with couple summers ago, but his so-called Gorilla Glue was all different weed LOL because it was so popular for a while I think they were renaming what they had laying around?

Been running GG couple years now, pretty good high, don't have much character tho, but good strong smoke
If I can keep 4 different strains cloned I don't need many more seeds to keep a perpetual grow going. I was doing pretty good until I couldn't do the work in my space because of my hips. I was in a wheel chair/ twin canes for 2 years. I wasn't able to move. I'm 2 years upright again and this is my first fully functional year in over 15 years. I'm human again and other than old age / arthritis aches and pains from a life time of abuse I'm a new 50 (lol) with 67 yrs of experience.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

If I can keep 4 different strains cloned I don't need many more seeds to keep a perpetual grow going. I was doing pretty good until I couldn't do the work in my space because of my hips. I was in a wheel chair/ twin canes for 2 years. I wasn't able to move. I'm 2 years upright again and this is my first fully functional year in over 15 years. I'm human again and other than old age / arthritis aches and pains from a life time of abuse I'm a new 50 (lol) with 67 yrs of experience.
I hear you man, getting old is definitely not for the young! 🤔

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter

Good strong smoke, thats what I want. I like the taste of pot, I mean pot not this fancy smansy Skittles and banana cream pie crap. I tried some of them tropical named pot types with fancy candied names but it was all taste no buzz and the taste of some of that shit made me gag. I want man named pot Gorilla Glue fits that profile.🙂

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Good strong smoke, thats what I want. I like the taste of pot, I mean pot not this fancy smansy Skittles and banana cream pie crap. I tried some of them tropical named pot types with fancy candied names but it was all taste no buzz and the taste of some of that shit made me gag. I want man named pot Gorilla Glue fits that profile.🙂
In my opinion that's why the weed is washed down & wishy-washy like it is these days, all the freaking chuckers trying to make it taste like this and that over the last few decades; How about getting high from it?? I guess they lost that part somewhere along the way

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Now back to the mystery why my Remo chemo is so sativa looking when it's supposed to be a mostly Indica plant??

20191122 213854

The budz arent as tight as I feel they should be, yet when I search Remo chemo pics I do see this sativa pheno come up, not as much as the Indo but its there, so..?

I use it as my go-to energy smoke it's the peppiest smoke I have. Still trying to figure this one out

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I think it's a thrip? Any opinions?

Regardless what it is it's alive and there's a few holes here and there on a few other plants, so at least I caught it early

I sprayed the two adults down well in the bathtub to knock off what I could and then I soaked everything with neem oil which is what I had on hand

I'll delineate my plan of attack going forward and any input from people who have had personal experience fighting thrips would be welcome.

The first thing I'm ordering is Captain Jack's with spinosad (and a new pump-up sprayer, I'm down to one of those cheesy little spray bottles that actually works) I'm also going to start burning sulfur every morning from 8 to 9 when everything's on,

my second chemical product is still to be determined, need to to rotate 2, hoping for some input??

Last edited:
Moshmen

Moshmen

I think it's a thrip? Any opinions?

Regardless what it is it's alive and there's a few holes here and there on a few other plants, so at least I caught it early

I sprayed the two adults down well in the bathtub to knock off what I could and then I soaked everything with neem oil which is what I had on hand

I'll delineate my plan of attack going forward and any input from people who have had personal experience fighting thrips would be welcome.

The first thing I'm ordering is Captain Jack's with spinosad (and a new pump-up sprayer, I'm down to one of those cheesy little spray bottles that actually works) I'm also going to start burning sulfur every morning from 8 to 9 when everything's on,

my second chemical product is still to be determined, need to to rotate 2, hoping for some input??
I use Azamax works but use multiples ! Ur on it!

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I use Azamax works but use multiples ! Ur on it!
Yeah Dirtbag recommend a product and an application rate, it's coming tomorrow but I'll wait until 3 days to spray it after the neem oil application today and I'll wait till tomorrow night to spray it on the plants that are currently in bloom they're not going to get any neem oil spray tonight

They're not long In Bloom that I wouldn't spray neem on it but why not wait 24 more hours this very little damage this infestation just started

if the Monterey doesn't wipe them out completely the next product is going to be azamax but there's very few they just showed up & I think I knocked them back pretty good today

and all my plants are tiny right now so that's a blessing right too

I was going to start seeds but now I'm thinking I might take cuttings from the two adult in veg and get rid of them too I'm not positive yet, but I'm not afraid to slash-and-burn to control bugs

Still going to play some dark Funk though, cuz I'm in a freaking mood now, I so didn't need this but with all the gardening I do I'm surprised it didn't happen years ago?

odd that I haven't been in the garden for a month though? I hate bugs but nobody likes them :/

Last edited:
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Spinosad will wipe them out. Guaranteed. I've brought in plants to quarantine that were absolutely infested with thrips several times and spinosad devastates them every time.
I just ordered the Monterey and I'll give that schedule you recommended in the other thread a try;

I caught them quick & there aren't many, hit the veg plants heavy with neem today going to wait till tomorrow night when I get the Monterey to hit the bloom plants,

All plants are small and the ones that are about to be harvested aren't going to get sprayed with anything at all; they'll be harvested within 3-5 days
-Thanks again for the input!

Latest posts

Top Bottom