the beach house

• Thread starter Beachwalker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

I am aware how much you like coco. I was just jesting. :-)

But watering 3x per day. Screw that. Im getting 2 oz per gallon of potting soil now with water/feed a week apart in veg and 3 days in peak flower on average.
I'm over here trying not to laugh. I can't believe the difference but yeah, gotta water a lot or you get a little leaf tip burn. Still, I can't do this in pots in soil this fast.šŸ˜™

Moshmen

Moshmen

That's another thing, I'm not in love with the promix either, I'm going back to either ffof or a 50/50 foxfarm and Pro mix blend, with the appropriate perlite added of course

My first go around with promix the veg/erb stuff so far Iā€™m not a fan either nuthing added except rain water one phed to 6.5 an the other not both water in at 26ppm . Iā€™d have to look but they only prolly 20 days old. My old mix was great seedling thru veg itā€™s flower I struggled

Moshmen

Moshmen

I am aware how much you like coco. I was just jesting. :-)

But watering 3x per day. Screw that. Im getting 2 oz per gallon of potting soil now with water/feed a week apart in veg and 3 days in peak flower on average.
Plumber better have them damn things auto watered?! Lmao
You coco guys have some great stuff! But know way could I keep up on that kind of maintenance.

Jamie73

Jamie73

Finally hit me to day like a steam roller. MS is in full wing with this good awful of a winter. It's just miserable everyday. Takes a toll on the body.
I need to be on a beach 75-80 degree. Sitting back in a short beach chair, vaporizer in hand music in the air and take it all in. Best feeling of summer. On the cape or down the road in Narragansett.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Pro mix recommends wet dry cycle. They mention some growers just wait until the surface color goes light.

I had good results with pro mix hp 25-35% perlite included with 2-3 days between watering ar peak flower.
Thank you that's the simple answer I was looking for, also what I've been doing. So when I see roots growing through peoples growbags (and even bugs living on them!) I know they're not running a wet-dry cycle!?

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Funny thing is. I use to buy this for my outdoor planters. At 9 bucks a bag. Now lots of people use it for indoor grows it's gone way up. I only bought it for the price. Never liked it. Never tried on my plants always used coast of Maine with my added perlite. My 2 cents. This grow I'm going with Coco. Never used it in a grow. Only for my kids iguana tank.
Coast of Maine is high-end!!$$ LOL didn't think it would be so pricey right down the freaking highway from the actual coast of Maine!? LOL

Next time I'm at that new grow store which is literally down the road from the real coast of Maine I'm going check the price on the coast of Maine soils and I'll post them

Last edited:
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Coast of Maine is high-end!!$$ LOL didn't think it would be so pricey right down the freaking highway from the actual coast of Maine!? LOL

Next time I'm at that new grow store which is literally down the road from the real coast of Maine I'm going check the price on the coast of Maine soils and I'll post them

Maybe go to the actual coast and scoop up some free ā€œCoast of Maineā€ topsoil?

;-)

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Maybe go to the actual coast and scoop up some free ā€œCoast of Maineā€ topsoil?

;-)
Wow it's true, great minds DO think alike! LOLšŸ¤£šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚ (but last time I was there it was all sand?)

Maine's a pretty nice place, lots of dirt up there, lots of it! you want dirt, that's a good place to go look for it!

Got to watch out for state trooper speed traps though, got a fat ticket last time I went up to Maine about a decade ago :/

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Wow it's true, great minds DO think alike! LOLšŸ¤£šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚ (but last time I was there it was all sand?)

Maine's a pretty nice place, lots of dirt up there, lots of it! you want dirt, that's a good place to go look for it!

Got to watch out for state trooper speed traps though, got a fat ticket last time I went up to Maine about a decade ago :/

You could go with your namesake and grow hydro in a sand medium. Should have excellent drainage and is loaded with micro nutes. :-)

Then you could later sell it as ā€œthe real coast of main growing mediumā€

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Ok im done picturing you. ;-)
All this talk about soil and FF being one of the best. Does it really matter? I use cheap cheap cheap no name peat mix and It grows fine. What benefits would I see using expensive dirt? a slurry test on it comes back a 6.5 (neutral ) So my plants only get what I feed them. How is Fox Farms,Coast of Maine or any other. Bigger leaves?Faster growth? more thc? WTF I don't get it.

SkunkyDunk

SkunkyDunk

Supporter
The main reason i us FF soils is they are sterile ( or supposed to be) and have no "bad" bugs.
The other is I get to amend my veggie garden with it after grows.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

All this talk about soil and FF being one of the best. Does it really matter? I use cheap cheap cheap no name peat mix and It grows fine. What benefits would I see using expensive dirt? a slurry test on it comes back a 6.5 (neutral ) So my plants only get what I feed them. How is Fox Farms,Coast of Maine or any other. Bigger leaves?Faster growth? more thc? WTF I don't get it.

Organic bro science aside. Ocean forest contains enough nutrients to water only through 5-6 weeks. More with transplants. That was why I used it.

Honestly it is a compressed muddy hell of a soil without a bunch of perlite added.

Any properly buffered soil mix can be ammended to work well for weed. Drainage is the most important factor in my opinion. Weed likes fast draining soil to thrive.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Sorry but fox farm boasts about their ocean forest being live and full of bacteria and beneficial ā€œbugsā€. There are vent holes in the bag even.

It is the opposite of sterile.
Ocean forest is full of bugs, I no from experience.
#1 flying gnat eggs were the worst once they hatched I new I had a problem.
#2 filled 12-25 gallon pots all with OF
Week 6 flower Iā€™m watering flooding the grow I look on the floor and IT IS MOOVING! Massive root aphid infestation thousands and thousands I freak and run fo the water hose. Worst and last time I touched off.
That was 6 or 7 years ago switched to happy frog with no problems since.

Top Bottom