the beach house

• Thread starter Beachwalker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

What's the solution recipe?

Man, 8.9 tap is harsh. Mine is averaging 7.3 and 330 tds. I'm still debating using it with vinegar and less of the cal/mg Masterblend. I do have a two stage drinking water filter yet to set-up and that will no doubt be the solution. I don't want an RO unit and really don't want to purchase more water than the 4 cases we go through a month.😉
It hit 9.0 today, but I haven't calibrated in awhile LOL sorry no set recipe yet , just mixed it by eye and tried to get everything into solution. I could probably double what I put in today and make it just as strong as GH. My next test is how long it holds 6.5 going to test it in 24 hours. Awesome looking birdbath man!

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Cape Cod National Seashore Cover 2

Sand dunes of cape cod john g erlandson

Downloadfile

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
You're killing me with this 😭
I've got a birthday coming up this summer season & haven't had a hard drink in almost ten years. So much for that record I guess, but hey it was a good run! 🍹
I can't drink the hard stuff either anymore, headaches that follow are just too much to bear now. I'll drink a beer or two once and a while but even they give me light brain pain. Even coffee bothers me, golden years my fat ass! its now tea with the occasional Red Beer when on the road. With all that said I'd still go through a couple of those if they were dropped down in front of me and deal with the brain pain afterwards. I'm not going to avoid roses just because of a few thorns.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

It hit 9.0 today, but I haven't calibrated in awhile LOL sorry no set recipe yet , just mixed it by eye and tried to get everything into solution. I could probably double what I put in today and make it just as strong as GH. My next test is how long it holds 6.5 going to test it in 24 hours. Awesome looking birdbath man!
24 hours later and bingo! Who's GH again? Forget about it
20190819 130027

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

This is the stuff right here!
20190817 122539

I'm still fairly new to soil growing, only in my fourth year but I really wish I had learned of this product a lot sooner, this will always be in my soil and I'll be feeding teas going forward as well. I tea-sprayed one test plant in a tray 2 days ago and I see a positive effect already!

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Mood for a (beach) day:

Mazzy Star
20190820 074949

20190820 074924

(White Rhino×Mazar) × (Starfighter×Stardawg)

Despite all these white pistils this Mazzy Star is done! (I'm as surprised as you!?)

Day 62, very few clear, almost all cloudy and I would say 10 - 15% amber already

The first sample should be ready in a few days, hoping for good things and yes I see the two tiny nana's, I've pulled three off already but I think it might be summer heat related plus she's dead ripe..

..and I love the way this girl is stacked!:)
20190820 074957

:)
20190820 083946

20190820 083636
Last edited:
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Mood for a (beach) day:

Mazzy StarView attachment 889396

View attachment 889398

no flash below
View attachment 889397

View attachment 889400

Keeping in mind I'm the guy that let 55-day black dog go over three months because they just wouldn't cloud up, and despite all these white pistils this Mazzy Star is done! very few clear almost all cloudy and I would say 10 - 15% amber already at 62 days.

The first sample should be ready in a few days, hoping for good things and yes I see the two tiny nana's, I've pulled three off already but I think it might be summer heat related plus she's dead ripe..

View attachment 889399

..and I love the way this girl is stacked! :)View attachment 889400

Got a nanner on that full flower pic.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Yup, that's a nice one!
Thanks! Looking forward to checking her out!

Going to chop her come the weekend, she was the only shorty out of the seeds I started so I'm hoping those nana's are heat-related?

The nana was why I started looking close at her in the first place, with all those white hairs I wouldn't even have got in the tent to see her up close for another week or more!

Never again will I ever tell anyone its too early cuz too many white pistils, because this plant is dead ripe: and I'm as surprised as anyone!?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Thanks! Looking forward to checking her out!

Going to chop her come the weekend, she was the only shorty out of the seeds I started so I'm hoping those nana's are heat-related?

The nana was why I started looking close at her in the first place, with all those white hairs I wouldn't even have got in the tent to see her up close for another week or more!

Never again will I ever tell anyone its too early cuz too many white pistils, because this plant is dead ripe: and I'm as surprised as anyone!?

Yes but whatever stress caused that nanner may also have turned some of the trichomes early. Many times i eliminate stress during ripening and the plant starts growing new calyx with new clear trichomes. They seem to come in layers the last couple of weeks.

That said i would chop too if there was a lot of degraded trichs.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Yes but whatever stress caused that nanner may also have turned some of the trichomes early. Many times i eliminate stress during ripening and the plant starts growing new calyx with new clear trichomes. They seem to come in layers the last couple of weeks.

Oh yeah my summer girls take it the hardest! (Especially if the Red Sox are in contention) next year I'm just going to keep mothers over this season

TerriR

TerriR

OMG! New USA Today article says beachgoers need to “know the risk”...with all the sharks multiplying off Cape Cod beaches! Stay on the sand, Beachwalker! 😂

GrnMtnGrowR

GrnMtnGrowR

Do you think stress is why those nanners appear? I was taught a long time ago (I think I read it in a couple of different grow books) that when some female plants get to maturity and have not been pollinated by a male they produce those bananas so they can self-pollinate as a reproductive survival move, then all the seeds made with the pollen from the bananas will fall to the ground and produce more females in hopes to get laid (Pollinated) the next year...??

Top Bottom