the beach house

• Thread starter Beachwalker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Do you think stress is why those nanners appear? I was taught a long time ago (I think I read it in a couple of different grow books) that when some female plants get to maturity and have not been pollinated by a male they produce those bananas so they can self-pollinate as a reproductive survival move, then all the seeds made with the pollen from the bananas will fall to the ground and produce more females in hopes to get laid (Pollinated) the next year...??
That's what I suspect, although my summer girls do get a hard run?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Do you think stress is why those nanners appear? I was taught a long time ago (I think I read it in a couple of different grow books) that when some female plants get to maturity and have not been pollinated by a male they produce those bananas so they can self-pollinate as a reproductive survival move, then all the seeds made with the pollen from the bananas will fall to the ground and produce more females in hopes to get laid (Pollinated) the next year...??

Yes some strains show late nanners. Like the diesel and thai crosses i prefer. But like i said some stop growing them and flower a couple more weeks and get bigger buds and more potent. And layers of new clear trichomes are seen right over the cloudy and few ambers.

I think it is because i only use a grow ratio nute like the plant prefers. Pk products shorten their life and cause stress in my opinion.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Real nice pics!
Thanks, it was a nice clear day! :) Once I saw how far along she was I'm in a hurry to get her hung & sampled because Indian bubble gum is running next and after that it's either more Mazzy or Black Dog, depending how I like her ?

This is her daughter..
20190820 160238

(waiting to be cloned?)

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Thanks, it was a nice clear day! :) Once I saw how far along she was I'm in a hurry to get her hung & sampled because Indian bubble gum is running next and after that it's either more Mazzy or Black Dog, depending how I like her ?

This is her daughter..
View attachment 889526
(waiting to be cloned?)

Sure are nice looking plants.

Bobrown14

Bobrown14

This is the stuff right here!
View attachment 889226

I'm still fairly new to soil growing, only in my fourth year but I really wish I had learned of this product a lot sooner, this will always be in my soil and I'll be feeding teas going forward as well. I tea-sprayed one test plant in a tray 2 days ago and I see a positive effect already!

Get a vermi-compost bin. You can make your own and its even better than the bagged stuff. Also if you have a forest near you, there's a crap load of worm castings everywhere on the forest floor. Takes me about 10 minutes to fill a 3 gal bucket full and free.

On the nanner you have there. My experience with anything with Starfighter in it will pop nanners. If you look down low inside at the main stem there's likely a few there as well. Its in the genetics for all plants to self pollinate. Starfighter is good at it. Specially with heat stress and why you have fox tails as well.

I just ran GG4 x Starfighter F2 (Future) and just finished trimming. Got about 30+ S1 seeds to go with. Always happens when I run anything x starfighter and don't keep the under skirt cleaned up.

Its all good tho - the weed is top shelf EVERY time. Future tested at +37% thc recently. I'll take a few S1 seeds every time with that kind of weed. Nanners late in flower = time to chop. Nanners early in flower = S1 seeds at chop.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Get a vermi-compost bin. You can make your own and its even better than the bagged stuff. Also if you have a forest near you, there's a crap load of worm castings everywhere on the forest floor. Takes me about 10 minutes to fill a 3 gal bucket full and free.

On the nanner you have there. My experience with anything with Starfighter in it will pop nanners. If you look down low inside at the main stem there's likely a few there as well. Its in the genetics for all plants to self pollinate. Starfighter is good at it. Specially with heat stress and why you have fox tails as well.

I just ran GG4 x Starfighter F2 (Future) and just finished trimming. Got about 30+ S1 seeds to go with. Always happens when I run anything x starfighter and don't keep the under skirt cleaned up.

Its all good tho - the weed is top shelf EVERY time. Future tested at +37% thc recently. I'll take a few S1 seeds every time with that kind of weed. Nanners late in flower = time to chop. Nanners early in flower = S1 seeds at chop.
Thanks for the info! Yes the nana's are very small and there weren't many

I crossed the Gunslinger pollen with a gorilla glue but they were tall and lanky so I culled them but I have other crosses with the Gunslinger, including this Remo chemo×
20190820 183729

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

So we sell a combination of both our beach sands with some forest topsoil and scam the growers calling our company Ocean Forest.

Your beach is made of sea creatures and mine is broken down rock. And Michigan is famous for its Black Dirt.

This could work! Dont tell the other growers. Shhhhhhhhhh ;-)
Sounds like a winning combo! plus don't forget the kelp or seaweed or whatever the hell it is that's always wrapping around your ankles when you trying to swim plus there's a nasty brown alge bloom down at one end of the beach going on now, I could scrape some of that up too! This will be quite a medium! :puke2:

BloodShot

BloodShot

Sounds like a winning combo! plus don't forget the kelp or seaweed or whatever the hell it is that's always wrapping around your ankles when you trying to swim plus there's a nasty brown alge bloom down at one end of the beach going on now, I could scrape some of that up too! This will be quite a medium! :puke2:
If you build it they will come.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

So this is Mazzy Star's day! Her finishing early really changed things, I was desperately trying to make space because I wasn't expecting her for a more few weeks

I'm going to scope her again in a few minutes before any chopping because it's still hard for me to believe she's done with all these white pistils at 64 days today, but she is done, dead ripe too!

I even put 2 Black dogs in one pot for space, I'm going to dig them out today they've only been in about a week and still small-ish :/

This is the first cross I've made since 1995 and it feels good! :) I'm glad she came out as she did, I'm getting ready to stuff some of the sample into my bong right now, she should be dry enough to get a toke?! :)

She went into flower short, but she stayed short & she's going to be a dream to trim too!

Edit: So 3 Scopes and 20 minutes later she's dead ripe! sorry to repeat it but I can't believe it!? Only had a few hits, but I tasted the gunfighter

20190822 065748
20190822 065813
20190822 065829
20190822 065827
20190822 065829
20190822 065905

GrnMtnGrowR

GrnMtnGrowR

it's still hard for me to believe she's done with all these white pistils at 64 days today, but she is done, dead ripe too!
Usually, my outdoor plants have white pistils still when finished and sometimes even my indoor. I go by what the trichomes tell me always.
I missed the part of what you breed to get this Mazzy Star..?

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Usually, my outdoor plants have white pistils still when finished and sometimes even my indoor. I go by what the trichomes tell me always.
I missed the part of what you breed to get this Mazzy Star..?
I don't know I keep looking at those pictures and I don't know how that can be ripe and then I look at the trichomes and I've even cut the little sample buds off and put it under the microscope and if I'm honest it's a little past what a lot of people would call dead ripe?!?

She still alive in the drying room, I'm having a hard time believing this is ripe; both parents are fairly fast finishers but I mean I never saw White pistils like that ever on a ripe plant before??

And you're right! agree can't go by the pistols. I've looked at her trichomes for over an hour (my eyes aren't quite as sharp as they once were), looked over 20 minutes this morning alone with three different devices, she's done.

I'm going to reassess her after lunch and trim and hang her later today. I know she's done, it's just unusual

if I hadn't seen the nana I never would have went to the back of the tent and checked her out, she'd still be in there for a couple more weeks

WOS White Rhino×Mazar X
GPS Starfighter×Stardawg (male)

Last edited:
GrnMtnGrowR

GrnMtnGrowR

Beachwalker, it looks to me that those buds are fox tailing for whatever reason...almost always when my plant start fox tailing there is a constant new supply of white pistols. Time will tell how it is, right? Are you getting ready to use a dehydrator on some of that? I recognize the tray.

Top Bottom