the beach house

• Thread starter Beachwalker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Wow. Sorry youre dealing with the pm. Seems you make the right choice culling the sick plants. Only time i saw it so far was on clones in a dome. I got rid of the cuttings and cleaned it all out. I just rooted all my new cuts in open air in the tent after a couple weeks in glasses of water. Worked fine. I fear the dome now.

I am anti high humidity gardening. Or living. I keep the whole house and basement around 50%.
Yeah that happened! Lol 🤦‍♂️ About a month ago I had one little spot the size of a dime on one leaf..
20200119 143336

haven't seen it again until yesterday ..then boom! 🔥🚩

20200224 213900

(Some of that is copper spray)

I beat septoria about 3 years ago; This too shall pass

Plus I'm at legal plant count now and I love it!! Going to stay that way too! This or possibly those 4 Black Dog clones in the tray are going to be my last run for a while anyway, just going to keep a handful of mothers at least through the summer and fall

Last edited:
Cattapilla

Cattapilla

What band is this? I can't see that information any more for some reason.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I broke my one of my main rules this morning :/ I watered about 14 hours ahead of when I wanted to :/

I'm a big believer in a proper wet/dry cycle, but I have a big plant that really needed a good shot of green up so I went ahead and did it, I don't see a problem in these grow bags with the peat moss it's a very forgiving medium although I love a dry garden & I haven't had a fungus gnat in months and I don't plan on inviting them back anytime soon, believe me

[Edit: the run off last watering was a little under 400 as I still get used to this promix medium or else I would have waited till tonight to water but I felt the reward outweigh the risk]

Having been in 3-gallon hard pots up till now it's pretty amazing how much liquid a 5-gallon grow bag can hold!

The cuttings are Remo chemo and a Remo chemo/Gunslinger cross I made
..only taking one of each for mother plants as I prepare for my semi shut down; they are about 4 or 5 days in

The mother plants are currently flowering, I'm going to take another set of cuts from each at seven days of bloom and keep them in water in the fridge in case this set doesn't root

Last edited:
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

UPDATE: WPM

I missed the second hour-long sulfur burn this morning; set up the burner early, lay down for a while and fell asleep lol so I'll burn tomorrow morning and Friday too (I've already set alarms)

No visible wpm anywhere at this point I have a lot (a lot) of airflow now in veg, always in bloom

what caused this was overcrowding (and if I'm honest some neglect) in veg and lack of air flow

even though the humidity was low, as soon as it went up a little above 50%rh that whole plant just bloomed wpm! and I mean fast! In just in a few hours since I checked it in the am, when I looked again around 4pm it was fully involved

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

UPDATE: WPM

I missed the second hour-long sulfur burn this morning; set up the burner early, lay down for a while and fell asleep lol so I'll burn tomorrow morning and Friday too (I've already set alarms)

No visible wpm anywhere at this point I have a lot (a lot) of airflow now in veg, always in bloom

what caused this was overcrowding (and if I'm honest some neglect) in veg and lack of air flow

even though the humidity was low, as soon as it went up a little above 50%rh that whole plant just bloomed wpm! and I mean fast! In just in a few hours since I checked it in the am, when I looked again around 4pm it was fully involved
I'm picking up 2 fans today, never had PM but you have me tripping lol, I was fine combing all my babies last night looking to make sure. I can deal with few gnats/thrips/etc but fungus is scary to me. I hope you get all yours fixed up.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I'm picking up 2 fans today, never had PM but you have me tripping lol, I was fine combing all my babies last night looking to make sure. I can deal with few gnats/thrips/etc but fungus is scary to me. I hope you get all yours fixed up.
Thanks it seems like it's getting fixed!🤞 WPM is a mold, although I have had fungus in the form of septoria but in both cases a lot of air movement is definitely your friend! (so is copper fungicide!) LOL

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

Thanks it seems like it's getting fixed!🤞 WPM is a mold, although I have had fungus in the form of septoria but in both cases a lot of air movement is definitely your friend! (so is copper fungicide!) LOL
Lol, mold or fungus, I'm not much on proper terms, unless I'm trying to treat something, I tend to lump everything together in 1 word, I know what I mean tho. I'll probably never learn to speak properly so I wont promise to do better

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Lol, mold or fungus, I'm not much on proper terms, unless I'm trying to treat something, I tend to lump everything together in 1 word, I know what I mean tho. I'll probably never learn to speak properly so I wont promise to do better
Well I don't think there's that much of a difference at least I'm treating them both exactly the same, if I'm honest I have a feeling that the septoria was harder to get a hold on but that's been eliminated for three years

But I think the white powdery mildew is going to pop up time to time now if I'm not careful, so I think that's going to be the main difference?

Last edited:
DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

Well I don't think there's that much of a difference at least I'm treating them both the exact the same, if I'm honest I have a feeling that the septoria was harder to get a hold on but that's been eliminated for three years

But I think the white powdery mildew is going to pop up time to time now if I'm not careful, so I think that's going to be the main difference?
Havent researched septoria yet, I've never had pm on anything other than clones (no adults), I take rubbing alcohol to everything in between stuff & I don't use domes so I very seldom see it but I'm sure it will happen again, it's fine tho as long as we are paying attention & take care of it immediately. I hadn't even thought of pm until I saw this last night & now I'm remembering, just once in a while if proper care taken

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Havent researched septoria yet, I've never had pm on anything other than clones (no adults), I take rubbing alcohol to everything in between stuff & I don't use domes so I very seldom see it but I'm sure it will happen again, it's fine tho as long as we are paying attention & take care of it immediately. I hadn't even thought of pm until I saw this last night & now I'm remembering, just once in a while if proper care taken
I'm not superstitious ( much) but I don't even like to hear or read the mold / S word. Like saying I hope we don't see bears when walking in the woods. 😀

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I'm not superstitious ( much) but I don't even like to hear or read the mold / S word. Like saying I hope we don't see bears when walking in the woods. 😀
I've had mold man, I mean MOLD the size of small mice wrapped around the stocks. ( maybe more airflow was required) lol I knew not, just growing in the basement hidden no ventilation 5-6 ft monsters. Moved on from that but shit what a disaster. 😁

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Surprised me how fast it came up but I'm not trying to be all natural or whatever its called, organic I guess, I use the strongest chemical products I can find (and lots of them) it does the trick!

Not talking Eagle 25 or the more controversial products but I have no problem using copper spray and burning sulfur

Once under control I'll likely treat once a week with a 1:9 ratio of milk or maybe baking soda, and I've even heard citric acid will work but I'm not sure of the ratio to mix that at?

Everytime I spray a plant with anything stronger than cal-mag I bud wash when I harvest so I'm okay with it

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I've had mold man, I mean MOLD the size of small mice wrapped around the stocks. ( maybe more airflow was required) lol I knew not, just growing in the basement hidden no ventilation 5-6 ft monsters. Moved on from that but shit what a disaster. 😁
Off subject again but can you tell me how do you smoke your stuff? Bong, roll it up, pipe, vaporizer, other?

Top Bottom