the beach house

• Thread starter Beachwalker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Sure looks healthy.
Beachwalker, you didn't really answer my query on Spraying your plants other than to say not when they're healthy. This cold dry humidity we're having is stressing out my plants and I'm unsure about putting sprayed plants under bright lights 1000 w hps. afterwards what issue do you have with spraying them? as I've seen this comment in previous pots from you and that's why I've asked. 😊

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Beachwalker, you didn't really answer my query on Spraying your plants other than to say not when they're healthy. This cold dry humidity we're having is stressing out my plants and I'm unsure about putting sprayed plants under bright lights 1000 w hps. afterwards what issue do you have with spraying them? as I've seen this comment in previous pots from you and that's why I've asked. 😊

i wouldnt spray plants in lieu of raising the humidity. The standing water on the leaves may help mold grow.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Oh on contraire mon ami!! 🚫 that was the perfect answer! never ever! (never!)

I live by this rule because of a little devil named septoria who taught me this lesson about 3 years ago!

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Molds, fungus, probably increases bugs too, there's no upside to spraying a healthy plant in my opinion
Unless it's real warm and dry. We get 90+ and bone dry. I've got two sprinkler heads facing down in my little greenhouse and I can spray everything down and can put it on a timer. I don't do it late in the day or in the evening but I doubt there would be any issues. Young cannabis grows like a weed in there but conditions have to be right.

Otherwise, be very very careful with spraying water on your plants and never with full light or sun.

If you believe it would help try spraying one 20-30 min before lights on. They should dry quick once the light comes on.😉

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Unless it's real warm and dry. We get 90+ and bone dry. I've got two sprinkler heads facing down in my little greenhouse and I can spray everything down and can put it on a timer. I don't do it late in the day or in the evening but I doubt there would be any issues. Young cannabis grows like a weed in there but conditions have to be right.

Otherwise, be very very careful with spraying water on your plants and never with full light or sun.

If you believe it would help try spraying one 20-30 min before lights on. They should dry quick once the light comes on.😉
Nope, never. One of my very few rules that's not negotiable. Now go shake some hash I'm waiting to see those new hash bags in action!!! 👍

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Nope, never. One of my very few rules that's not negotiable. Now go shake some hash I'm waiting to see those new hash bags in action!!! 👍
TKS guys I like your input. I'm hoping it warms outside soon and I have to worry about humidity being too high. I have that covered it just this dry stuff 15% this am flower room is just to dry.

Jamie73

Jamie73

Do you mean first time using the mycos or the Pro mix?

My first time in promix so I really can't speak about that, but I've always used mykos but last summer I ran out and for whatever reason I didn't order it until maybe a month ago and I noticed a big difference in the root balls that I was pulling out to dispose of

With Mykos there was hardly any dirt left, was all roots, but without the Mykos I could see the difference in lack of root mass in the 3-gallon root balls
I love the stuff. Gonna add it to every grow, including flower pots.

Jamie73

Jamie73

TKS guys I like your input. I'm hoping it warms outside soon and I have to worry about humidity being too high. I have that covered it just this dry stuff 15% this am flower room is just to dry.

It's really dry we're I am to. Mine hit 18% Friday night. I put a big bowl of water in front of a small clip fan. I was able to bring it up to 33% and lights on to 49%.

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

It's really dry we're I am to. Mine hit 18% Friday night. I put a big bowl of water in front of a small clip fan. I was able to bring it up to 33% and lights on to 49%.
Lol, I've done that before, it helps, better than spraying

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Into Bloom room at lights on:
right / Black Dog
left / Indian Bubblegum

View attachment 933360

..lots of tops! 🌻🐝 🙂
Realized a few things today: first that I hadn't written a single thing down since about January 15th LOL had to go back and find above post 10 pages back to see when I put these in bloom!?

I also learned that grow bags aren't as bad as I initially thought, however with my physical restrictions I'm not going to use them unless I have more really big plants like the two I'm blooming above because I don't like the way they keep running off forever, can't keep lifting them up to swap out catch trays

Learn that @MIMedGrower was likely correct and I've started taking my run off readings from the last runoff not the first that comes out. Still not positive about this but the late readings seem to be more correct than the first readings

Also I'm going to take @Dirtbag advice and in one week on week 5 I'm going to broadcast a tablespoon of epsom salts on the top of my plants for the first time because of his recommendation

So that's it, everything is back in correct range: the only thing having a hard time is Mazzy Star and if I'm honest if I get one of these remo chemo or remo crosses to root she's out anyway, although she's the one that tipped me off that this condition was going on! she's backed up

I managed to stop all the yellowing and correct the soil PH in the whole veg tent because of this Mazzy Star, so let's give her a round of applause!

Ladies and gentlemen; Mazzy Star! the plant who saved the veg tent

Last edited:
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
That isn't doing anything, I spread out 6 plant trays with about an inch of water in them. fans over the top a bucket with an aquarium bubbler in it and a humidifier running 24/7 and again 17% this am in the flower room. Veg room I got to 45% with humidifier % plant trays. Outside humidity now says 93% at 1c so things are looking up, maybe by tomorrow it'll rain and fix this low humidity BS

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Forgot yellow pics..

Black d.o.g
20200224 084500

Indian Bubblegum
20200224 084256

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Hard to argue with the success you're having with the large fabric pots. I've been trying to dislike them (lol) Nice plants! If you're having issues with run off get yourself a small wet/vac no more lifting to drain pans.
Thanks for the kind words! but I'm hiding the lanky gorilla glue on the left & the heavily lockout-affected Mazzy Star to the right lol! 🤣

20200224 105322

Actually neither was intended to ever bloom, but my last set of clones didn't take so I needed to make some room in veg, as soon as this batch roots I got a big bushy Remo chemo and a Remo cross to take their place in bloom!

I have to water them this afternoon, I'm going to get some pictures for vag Monday

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Realized a few things today: first that I hadn't written a single thing down since about January 15th LOL had to go back and find above post 10 pages back to see when I put these in bloom!?

I also learned that grow bags aren't as bad as I initially thought, however with my physical restrictions I'm not going to use them unless I have more really big plants like the two I'm blooming above because I don't like the way they keep running off forever, can't keep lifting them up to swap out catch trays

Learn that @MIMedGrower was likely correct and I've started taking my run off readings from the last runoff not the first that comes out. Still not positive about this but the late readings seem to be more correct than the first readings

Also I'm going to take @Dirtbag advice and in one week on week 5 I'm going to broadcast a tablespoon of epsom salts on the top of my plants for the first time because of his recommendation

So that's it, everything is back in correct range: the only thing having a hard time is Mazzy Star and if I'm honest if I get one of these remo chemo or remo crosses to root she's out anyway, although she's the one that tipped me off that this condition was going on! she's backed up

I managed to stop all the yellowing and correct the soil PH in the whole veg tent because of this Mazzy Star, so let's give her a round of applause!

Ladies and gentlemen; Mazzy Star! the plant who saved the veg tent

A tablespoon is a lot more than i would add just to be clear. I add about 1 gram per gallon of mixed nutrient solution. About 1/4 tsp per gallon.

You've got me looking back at my fabric pot grow man.. lol. Hard to argue with the amazing growth rates. I think my plants grew faster in big fabric pots of promix than they did in rockwool.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Thanks for the kind words! but I'm hiding the lanky gorilla glue on the left & the heavily lockout-affected Mazzy Star to the right lol! 🤣

View attachment 944321

Actually neither was intended to ever bloom, but my last set of clones didn't take so I needed to make some room in veg, as soon as this batch roots I got a big bushy Remo chemo and a Remo cross to take their place in bloom!

I have to water them this afternoon, I'm going to get some pictures for vag Monday
I'm thinking if it wasn't for the constant grow issue that arise during just about every grow we'd be talking about the weather and grandkids lol . This Feb has been an all around shit month in the grow and life in general for us. We're happy and healthy but the shit that's been going on around us.... let just say bring on March fkin quicker. My folks always went to Hawaii/ Maui for Feb I think I should have followed their lead.😅😅

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

A tablespoon is a lot more than i would add just to be clear. I add about 1 gram per gallon of mixed nutrient solution. About 1/4 tsp per gallon.

You've got me looking back at my fabric pot grow man.. lol. Hard to argue with the amazing growth rates. I think my plants grew faster in big fabric pots of promix than they did in rockwool.
I couldn't recall if it was a teaspoon or a tablespoon, thanks! I was going to ask you which before I added it because I couldn't find your original post when you mentioned doing this but it seems like a good idea

Top Bottom