the beach house

• Thread starter Beachwalker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

These went in on the 28th, I noticed center-right looking a little yellow today and it's got a tiny root started; couple other are yellowing too so I think they are rooting too? 5 different strains

20191105 135347

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

So today the whole veg tent went back to my ole faithful Schultz 20-20-20 +cal/mag at 400 PPM, this stuff grew some delicious tomatoes this summer
20191106 083454

I'm still using Masterblend at 870 PPM In Bloom, however the veg plants that went into bloom this morning are going to possibly be fed the Schultz at 800 PPM (including cal-mag) for maybe 1st month or so, I'm not sure yet 🤔 but they'll be fed at lights-on tonight so I'll decide by then
20191106 082102

And so we continue on in my bold adventure to get my light off the ceiling! 🤞😁

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
So today the whole veg tent went back to my ole faithful Schultz 20-20-20 +cal/mag at 400 PPM, this stuff grew some delicious tomatoes this summer
View attachment 907639

I'm still using Masterblend at 870 PPM In Bloom, however the veg plants that went into bloom this morning are going to possibly be fed the Schultz at 800 PPM (including cal-mag) for maybe 1st month or so, I'm not sure yet 🤔 but they'll be fed at lights-on tonight so I'll decide by then
View attachment 907640

And so we continue on in my bold adventure to get my light off the ceiling! 🤞😁
What's your method to crack seeds? I usually go by the breeders recommended 18 hr soak before the paper towel but I saw yesterday a well know poster here say he drowns them for 48hrs. Have you heard of doing that? Seems over kill but this guy seems to know his stuff. Just wondering what your thoughts on it are.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

What's your method to crack seeds? I usually go by the breeders recommended 18 hr soak before the paper towel but I saw yesterday a well know poster here say he drowns them for 48hrs. Have you heard of doing that? Seems over kill but this guy seems to know his stuff. Just wondering what your thoughts on it are.
Cracking seeds is like my worst thing! 🤦‍♂️ I'm going to be starting some older seeds soon I'll post how I do them but it's pretty basic. I never float them, but when I did it was only until they would sink, then they would go in the paper towels

Last time I started them directly in my 2 to 1 perlite/vermiculite blend in little 2 inch square pots, those pots sit in a tray with 1/4 inch or so of 80° water and the perlite/vermiculite blend self waters the pots. I can't remember if I floated them till they sunk or not last time? I also scratch them up lightly with a little bit of sandpaper

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Cracking seeds is like my worst thing! 🤦‍♂️ I'm going to be starting some older seeds soon I'll post how I do them but it's pretty basic. I never float them, but when I did it was only until they would sink, then they would go in the paper towels

Last time I started them directly in my 2 to 1 perlite/vermiculite blend in little 2 inch square pots, those pots sit in a tray with 1/4 inch or so of 80° water and the perlite/vermiculite blend self waters the pots. I can't remember if I floated them till they sunk or not last time? I also scratch them up lightly with a little bit of sandpaper
They recommend to soak 18 hrs then onto paper towels. I've done both soaking in a cup of spring water then onto paper towels after 18hrs and just straight onto towels with the same results. They even go so far as to say no more than 18hrs so when I saw this guy post he soaks his for 48 hrs I just wondered what the consensus on that is. I just put 8 Chemdog into a cup last night and they're going to paper towels in about 2 minutes.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

They recommend to soak 18 hrs then onto paper towels. I've done both soaking in a cup of spring water then onto paper towels after 18hrs and just straight onto towels with the same results. They even go so far as to say no more than 18hrs so when I saw this guy post he soaks his for 48 hrs I just wondered what the consensus on that is. I just put 8 Chemdog into a cup last night and they're going to paper towels in about 2 minutes.
Once they sink it means the water has permeated the shell so I really don't think I would float them beyond that point but you might be more comfortable following the Breeders recommendation, I can only tell you how I do it because I suspect I've drowned a few seeds by leaving them in water too long so I don't do that or the paper towel method anymore

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Once they sink it means the water has permeated the shell so I really don't think I would float them beyond that point but you might be more comfortable following the Breeders recommendation, I can only tell you how I do it because I suspect I've drowned a few seeds by leaving them in water too long so I don't do that or the paper towel method anymore
Ya that's what I question the 48hr soak but here goes they're onto towels in 5,4,3,2,.....1 tada.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Three of the five strains have rooted; this is a Gorilla Glue, behind it is a Romberry
20191106 153700

A black dog has also rooted but it's not a great-looking clone :/ I'm hoping one of the other cuts roots 🤞 (have a nice looking mother plant anyway so not too worried)

So about eight or nine days to get these roots, not too bad! Still waiting on Mazzy Star and Indian Bubblegum to root

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Three of the five strains have rooted; this is a Gorilla Glue, behind it is a Romberry
View attachment 907692

A black dog has also rooted but it's not a great-looking clone :/ I'm hoping one of the other cuts roots 🤞 (have a nice looking mother plant anyway so not too worried)

So about eight or nine days to get these roots, not too bad! Still waiting on Mazzy Star and Indian Bubblegum to root
Looking dam good to me

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Everything was fed with Schultz 20-20-20 at 400 PPM today I'm not going to starve this set, already zeroed in the Masterblend last run, and that new ratio is feed-the-hell-out-of-them ppm, at 6.4 pH 🤣

That ruler is 16 in. so I guess they're around 20", be interesting how tall they are after the stretch
20191107 065049

Last edited:
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Everything was fed with Schultz 20-20-20 at 400 PPM today I'm not going to starve this set, already zeroed in the Masterblend last run, and that new ratio is feed-the-hell-out-of-them ppm, at 6.4 pH 🤣

That ruler is 16 in. so I guess they're around 20", be interesting how tall they are after the stretchView attachment 907854
How old is it from clone? Have you split that once? twice? or not at all?

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

How old is it from clone? Have you split that once? twice? or not at all?
Without looking it up I think its June 3rd; by split if you mean topped I top them once initially, and then after that I will selectively take tops to keep the crowded canopy as level and open as possible, but I do not top them a 2nd time for the sake of topping them per se

Edit: actually I don't think it was that far back that might have been the set before this it was probably a couple months ago it's somewhere in this thread but I'm not sure off hand

Last edited:
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Without looking it up I think its June 3rd; by split if you mean topped I top them once initially, and then after that I will selectively take tops to keep the crowded canopy as level and open as possible, but I do not top them a 2nd time for the sake of topping them per se

Edit: actually I don't think it was that far back that might have been the set before this it was probably a couple months ago it's somewhere in this thread but I'm not sure off hand
Ya I top/split/cut whenever there's enough space between the nodes to cut them safely. I tried counting the tops on my Cherry Bomb and lost track around 50 and she's about 22" tall now. I think she'd be looking pretty sad now without your help on the ph issue but with her 1 week into flower and I've cut 90% of the leaves that had issues off her. She's all perky and green, I love it.

Do you play chess at all? Call of duty games? I'm at nut on both, winter months I kill the bad guys for hours at a time. lol still a kid I guess.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter

I just wondered they look like 2 months to me or approx where mine are at at that age as well.

Slimone

Slimone

I purchased my start up material from Weed MD in Ontario. I don’t think they have offered clones since they started their outdoor grow.
I have also noticed that there genetics seem unstable

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I just wondered they look like 2 months to me or approx where mine are at at that age as well.
Ya I top/split/cut whenever there's enough space between the nodes to cut them safely. I tried counting the tops on my Cherry Bomb and lost track around 50 and she's about 22" tall now. I think she'd be looking pretty sad now without your help on the ph issue but with her 1 week into flower and I've cut 90% of the leaves that had issues off her. She's all perky and green, I love it.

Do you play chess at all? Call of duty games? I'm at nut on both, winter months I kill the bad guys for hours at a time. lol still a kid I guess.
They were in little 5 inch square pots up until a week ago, in attempt to keep them both small and healthy in my overcrowded veg tent

Keeping it small and healthy is the hard part :/

I'm glad the lime worked out for you, the secret is don't over do it because then you'll have trouble keeping the pH Down, better to add to, than to put too much in initially

I like chess, I used to play chess down the beach but I'm terrible at it :/

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
They were in little 5 inch square pots up until a week ago, in attempt to keep them both small and healthy in my overcrowded veg tent

Keeping it small and healthy is the hard part :/

I'm glad the lime worked out for you, the secret is don't over do it because then you'll have trouble keeping the pH Down, better to add to, than to put too much in initially

I like chess, I used to play chess down the beach but I'm terrible at it :/
I play on a site I just found https://www.chess.com It works well but I use a couple of add blocks and I don't think it would be a use able site without them. One blocker blocked over 1200 adds the other 900+, compared to this site that only blocks 2 & 4 respectively. I love to play and although I've played a ton of games I suck too, I play better after I smoke a bong load or 3 , I can concentrate and get into the thought process need in that game.

Latest posts

Top Bottom