the beach house

• Thread starter Beachwalker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

The discussions with other old schoolers from around the way isn't whether it's different or not, it's why it's different?

We came up with a few interesting theories, but the main two that keep coming up are:

First that it's been crossed and back crossed and mixed with so many so-so genetics thru the decades that it lost the kindness, which is also my personal opinion based on my own observations of 50 years of the evolution of cannabis, and the cannabis movement

Prior to 50 -60 years ago nearly no one was growing cannabis inside, at least not at the rate that this worldwide "breeding" program's been happening for the last half century or so, and that's why I believe the genetics from the 70s and even 80s are gone, they've been water down to what's currently available

However some of the more conspiracy-minded seem to think it might have something to with, and/or started wit paraquat/shadow governments/GMO & all that 👤🛸
..I don't know about all that, but those are the 2 main opinions we've come up with
LMAO this is how buzzed I am I thought I was in that other thread LOL🤣😂🤣
😎

Edit: no time to move it now waiting for my food delivery, got to get my bleach tank, isolation bags and my face shield ready

Last edited:
Jamie73

Jamie73

Some before the Samsung light panels and with the panel. Top in blurpes taken -Tuesday
In sunlight are the bottom in the Samsung 240 watt panels. Quite amazing. Flipped to 12/12 Friday. Tiny pistels are starting today on my huge super silver haze. The bush is my no name nirvana seed. Clearly Indica. It looks like a girl, still 50/50 on the fence if it's female. Even so, if it's male I'm gonna cross them see what nice /50/50 I get in a few months. Skunky Haze.

BB2EC785 DAB9 403A 8E83 075D8BBA6A43
42FC73B8 CC9F 473C 90FD 745469A56B73
605DD96F C78D 4C61 B292 9171C4C383B7
C873AF9C 283D 496B B1D1 8044EB4F39EC
AA16527F FD0E 484A A771 EAC35E383003
BC577705 7140 4863 AEDC 9E1BC05B4671
BE42CD34 16D2 45BC B57E 19D4A1B8B930
731CDDEC 4970 4810 B4E7 B51402718E58
38A0505E BD1E 4597 A0C1 5409A3FEDE06
7ADE2768 0D44 4A37 AD09 C09A705CE184
272E5EEA 8568 47BC B934 2B814519CE0C
Last edited:
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Thanks for the kind words! Man I expected 86-93 days but I've never had these go this long??

I don't know what I'm going to do either LOL😯🤷‍♂️🤣😯🤣🤪🤯

Just kidding, its going to work out fine!
(🐒+🔧), by the time I get the veg plants ready to go into bloom these plants will be ripe🤞

..but I really don't know why they're taking longer than their usual forever???

Unfortunately these are what I have running next 🤦‍♂️ but after this set I have some other things coming, plus I have one other strain going in bloom with the next set, so I'm starting to get away from these two strains ✌😎
Beach, I've seen you post pics of some hash or rosin you've made. Do you have your method written down here somewhere? Or could you point me in the direction I should go with mashing up my hermied crop? I'm sick of picking through weed to get a smoke I'd rather just compress it down to essentials.

Do you cook it up or have a Machine,a Maid, a press, a Replicator? How do you think an old fk like me can deal with these plants? Bubble bags? I can probably salvage some but i'm thinking I'd just like to mash this stuff up and be done with it.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I have always thought its because since indoor breeders have been picking the shortest flowering phenos.

And since testing they have been picking only the highest thc plants. Which tend to have a flat boring high.

Also picking plants with the most frost on the leaves for extraction. My frostiest leaf plants have never given the best high in my opinion.
The Galiano I've just grown is like that. Not the most frosted but its a new high to me, I've always said there are only 2 types good and bad. This stuff is ? gooder ? I guess. I've been smoking Chemdog lately and iit was heavily frosted and is a strong heavy pot, for some I'd say couch lock, ( my tolerance is too high ) but this Sativa Galiano takes me to a different level and is more narcotic in some ways. I feel more fully involved in it. like lsd & peyote take you over completely this has some of that feeling to it, where you know driving is not a good idea.

Jamie73

Jamie73

The Galiano I've just grown is like that. Not the most frosted but its a new high to me, I've always said there are only 2 types good and bad. This stuff is ? gooder ? I guess. I've been smoking Chemdog lately and iit was heavily frosted and is a strong heavy pot, for some I'd say couch lock, ( my tolerance is too high ) but this Sativa Galiano takes me to a different level and is more narcotic in some ways. I feel more fully involved in it. like lsd & peyote take you over completely this has some of that feeling to it, where you know driving is not a good idea.
Love LSD AND peyote. If you can find beans, those 2 combined LSD/peyote is Peyote-Skywalker. Like drinking shroom tea. Minus hallucinations🤣🤣 The perfect felling you described above. Frosted, dark buds. Everytime in the last few months I've looked for some. All way's sold out unless you wanna pay 189$ per 5. Only place was charging that. Ca. Based bank

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I can't believe how much the price went up on this product, and in a relatively short time. Last time I bought it at $30 I was pissed that it had gone up from $24 so quickly, that's also when I began using more inexpensive alternatives, so you could imagine the sticker shock when I saw it just now over 40 bucks! It's a great product but at that price you've got to be kidding me?!

I purchased enough Masterblend to last me three lifetimes for 25 bucks, and the plants love it! forget about General Hydroponics / Monsanto👎

View attachment 966213
View attachment 966214
And you complain of a gallon costing $40 per Gallon.. Gallons had no price attatched

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Yep I use this
Beach, I've seen you post pics of some hash or rosin you've made. Do you have your method written down here somewhere? Or could you point me in the direction I should go with mashing up my hermied crop? I'm sick of picking through weed to get a smoke I'd rather just compress it down to essentials.

Do you cook it up or have a Machine,a Maid, a press, a Replicator? How do you think an old fk like me can deal with these plants? Bubble bags? I can probably salvage some but i'm thinking I'd just like to mash this stuff up and be done with it.
Yep I use this, love it but you can only do maybe quarter ounce at a time maybe a little more, unfortunately not in stock but maybe there's a similar item available?
Screenshot 20200426 170805 Chrome

And I use a pollen press to press them into pucks there are many brands of those available, hope this helps

Jamie73

Jamie73

I haven't used any GH products since miracle grow bought them out. I'm a skeptical when the biggest chemical company in the garden world buys a company. Still work good? I switched to Greenleaf nutrients. I can not complain. Super crop. Throw in 3 grams at beginning slowly get it up to 5 grams then week before I put them into lowering add a gram of bud explosion or not. No need for bud explosion if you just keep super crop going start to finish. It does have Cal-mag, how ever I add tee spoon per gallon every 2 weeks.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I haven't used any GH products since miracle grow bought them out. I'm a skeptical when the biggest chemical company in the garden world buys a company. Still work good? I switched to Greenleaf nutrients. I can not complain. Super crop. Throw in 3 grams at beginning slowly get it up to 5 grams then week before I put them into lowering add a gram of bud explosion or not. No need for bud explosion if you just keep super crop going start to finish. It does have Cal-mag, how ever I add tee spoon per gallon every 2 weeks.
mega crop, I used it in the fall of 18 but I had the first mix but you got to love that the company sends free samples to try their product!

I use Master Blend now (plus I have a secret weapon for veg!🤫)

Jamie73

Jamie73

I started on the free bee. For 12$ I threw in bud explosion. Total cost 15$. So far 6 plants and 2 grows with it. I love it. Easy to manage, great PH level. Right at 6.8 to 6.5 when mixed with a gallon. They seem to love it. 900ppm in and 280 ppm out. You can relax instead of mixing 3-5 different nutrients. Which I have done over the years. Were all different a love what we use. I just got tired of great labels, with a big price tag. Then it last one grow than back to buying 100$ plus in nuts. I've used canna, fox farms and the whole kit from General Hydro. I found this switch to very easy practical and the best I get good results for myself. Which were all doing. Lol

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I hear you! I loved the results from the GH but the price is crazy! I'm still using it tho, I have a gallon of green and pink I use out in the tomatoes to use it up LOL

PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

Dry ice in hash bags. Tears it up like nothing else, or just use ice and water and give it time to settle. The dry ice gave me too much plant matter as I kept adding more w/o dumping out the used. Still smoked well.😉

The seeds went into peat pots yesterday. I should have 'em in the ground end of April.

PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

I hear you! I loved the results from the GH but the price is crazy! I'm still using it tho, I have a gallon of green and pink I use out in the tomatoes to use it up LOL
Si, MB rocks. Wife gave me all kinds of grief when I told her I was going to grow an upside down pot plant. I got the ol "don't you have enough plants?" so not this summer. I should've just done it. Got several seedlings that would be perfect.

Jamie73

Jamie73

Dry ice in hash bags. Tears it up like nothing else, or just use ice and water and give it time to settle. The dry ice gave me too much plant matter as I kept adding more w/o dumping out the used. Still smoked well.😉

The seeds went into peat pots yesterday. I should have 'em in the ground end of April.
[/QUOT
I had a 2 hermies last grow. I dried them then to a coffee grinder. Fine grind to the freezer for 48 hours. Then to a nice square of parchment paper and pressed with an iron till it's sticks together. Smoke is equal to a true bud. Smokes like hash. Even if this is a modified version

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I bought a gallon of pink and a gallon of brown $30 each Cdn at a going out of business sale. I used the brown up over a few years but pink I now can't get rid of. When I need green and brown I can buy a 3 pack cheaper than a 2 of them separately So each time I keep getting a " free pink" I know I use more pink than the others but I'm set on pink for a while. With Prime I have no shipping cost.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I bought a gallon of pink and a gallon of brown $30 each Cdn at a going out of business sale. I used the brown up over a few years but pink I now can't get rid of. When I need green and brown I can buy a 3 pack cheaper than a 2 of them separately So each time I keep getting a " free pink" I know I use more pink than the others but I'm set on pink for a while. With Prime I have no shipping cost.View attachment 966514
My tomatoes love it! From 1st of September on they get their regular 20-20-20 feeding plus they get a tablespoon of the Pink too!👌🤣

PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

Do you have the method you use to make tincture here somewhere? I'd like to see that.
Decarb weed (250F for 30 min) soak 1 oz 150 proof or higher (I use 190) per 2 gram weed.

I put the decarbed weed into a coffee filter, into a jar and add booze.
20200426 162901

This golden dragon is 5 minutes old. I understand 20 minutes gets out what we want and works best for vape juice but I like the taste of a long soak for tincture.

For vape juice 1 oz tincture and 1 oz vegetable glycerin with or without PG (1 mix a 70/30 VG to PG) put in a jar and place it into a slow cooker water bath until alcohol evaporates. I've been puffing a lot of this stuff.

Schnauzer

Schnauzer

Decarb weed (250F for 30 min) soak 1 oz 150 proof or higher (I use 190) per 2 gram weed.

I put the decarbed weed into a coffee filter, into a jar and add booze.
View attachment 966520
This golden dragon is 5 minutes old. I understand 20 minutes gets out what we want and works best for vape juice but I like the taste of a long soak for tincture.

For vape juice 1 oz tincture and 1 oz vegetable glycerin with or without PG (1 mix a 70/30 VG to PG) put in a jar and place it into a slow cooker water bath until alcohol evaporates. I've been puffing a lot of this stuff.
I use 1 gr of rosin with .5-1.0 ml of either terpenes or mct oil for my vape cart

Top Bottom