the beach house

• Thread starter Beachwalker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Mazzy St☆r today 100% rehabbed!View attachment 983512
I hear you man loud and clear ! That's why I had to vacate here and everywhere for a while, I'd had enough. Have you seen this pic of my Sweet Tooth, I'm quite proud of this girl 3 weeks on 12/12.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I hear you man loud and clear ! That's why I had to vacate here and everywhere for a while, I'd had enough. Have you seen this pic of my Sweet Tooth, I'm quite proud of this girl 3 weeks on 12/12.View attachment 983565
That sure is a beauty! that's a lot of discipline too!

today, actually in 3 minutes!! is my day to start topping everything in veg again

I have a few things in bloom now but I'm switching tents I'm only going to have one plant in bloom at a time going forward and I'm going to use the bigger five-by-five for veg, I don't know when I'll get around to that switch tho, but this is some of what I have blooming now

20200604 085225
20200604 085219

Still got half a Remo chemo to trim and hang in the drying closet completely forgot about it today lol just too busy right now I leave it in its it's same pot chopped, but upright so that the leaves don't stick to it so it's still fairly easy to trim

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Hey Beach, do you ever wash your buds at harvest? Was it in a class I missed somewhere? Because of spider mites at harvest I Google remedies and washing your buds at harvest came up as a solution. I followed that advice and the debris that came off the plants was incredible not just the bugs but their shit, hair, eggs, dust and crap from my room. Washing is now on my list of must do on all harvests. Its grose thinking what I've been smoking without the washing.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Hey Beach, do you ever wash your buds at harvest? Was it in a class I missed somewhere? Because of spider mites at harvest I Google remedies and washing your buds at harvest came up as a solution. I followed that advice and the debris that came off the plants was incredible not just the bugs but their shit, hair, eggs, dust and crap from my room. Washing is now on my list of must do on all harvests. Its grose thinking what I've been smoking without the washing.
I read about your bout with the mites!😟 I'm 0&2 vs. Mites, that's why I quit growing in the mid 90s, but that was before a million commercial products and the internet, I think I could get rid of them now, I feel for you right now brother believe me

Regarding Bud washing when they were doing heavy construction in the road I was washing everything, if I wasn't so lazy I would have continued washing every harvest because the shit that floats up is unbelievable, and the clean bud just pops in flavor it's a good practice

Last edited:
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I read about your bout with the mites!😟 I'm 0&2 vs. Mites, that's why I quit growing in the mid 90s, but that was before a million commercial products and the internet, I think I could get rid of them now, I feel for you right now brother believe me

Regarding Bud washing when they were doing heavy construction in the road I was washing everything, if I wasn't so lazy I would have continued washing every harvest because the shit that floats up is unbelievable, and the clean bud just pops in flavor it's a good practice
I've not had them like this before, double spotted fkers. our cold keeps them at bay through the winter but soon as it warmed up. I've got them under control in the veg room , ( i hope ) but its over crowded and that can lead to a bad infection without noticing. My next plan is to repeat what I did in the flower room in veg room and blast them off outside and bleaching the room. Much easier with smaller plants.

This is my goal now that I have my setup the way I want it. A more sterile environment, I'm so cramped for space as it is I need to have a clean side and a dirty side. I track dirt in daily and that has to stop. slippers or grow room shoes & hair nets are a must after seeing the crap on my weed.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I've not had them like this before, double spotted fkers. our cold keeps them at bay through the winter but soon as it warmed up. I've got them under control in the veg room , ( i hope ) but its over crowded and that can lead to a bad infection without noticing. My next plan is to repeat what I did in the flower room in veg room and blast them off outside and bleaching the room. Much easier with smaller plants.

This is my goal now that I have my setup the way I want it. A more sterile environment, I'm so cramped for space as it is I need to have a clean side and a dirty side. I track dirt in daily and that has to stop. slippers or grow room shoes & hair nets are a must after seeing the crap on my weed.
Exactly what I had they were mostly clear and they had two little red spots on their ass some had brownish spots freaking webs all over the place sometimes it seemed like you'd take the webs down and they'd be back in a couple hours unbelievable

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Hi Beach you don’t mind if I take a long walk along you beach house shores , I’ve got a long day stuck in the mud at work coming up , who knows I might get lost n never come back . Od .

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Hi Beach you don’t mind if I take a long walk along you beach house shores , I’ve got a long day stuck in the mud at work coming up , who knows I might get lost n never come back . Od .
Hello & welcome! Take a long walk, enjoy!! lots of music along the way! I'm picking out a few hits to post right now, not sure what musical mood I'm in yet but I think I'm going to start the set with the Cure

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Exactly what I had they were mostly clear and they had two little red spots on their ass some had brownish spots freaking webs all over the place sometimes it seemed like you'd take the webs down and they'd be back in a couple hours unbelievable
I don't /didn't have any webs I could see. I bought a mini microscope 60x with a big enough field to be able to see clearly and I could see their black shit, eggs & them just hatching with their little legs wiggling but the washing got rid of most of them and their shit n eggs. if pressure washing cleans them up, I'll do it again the first sign I see that they're back.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I don't /didn't have any webs I could see. I bought a mini microscope 60x with a big enough field to be able to see clearly and I could see their black shit, eggs & them just hatching with their little legs wiggling but the washing got rid of most of them and their shit n eggs. if pressure washing cleans them up, I'll do it again the first sign I see that they're back.
That's about the best thing you can do is hit them with the hose that's how nature handles them Outdoors with the wind and the rain LOL

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
All over the top buds I had webs every morning at lights on they were everywhere I have the two spotted might I think those are the ones they commonly called spider mites they do most of the damage up top the ones I had and they make webs too
My little hand pump sprayer works pretty good a nice fine firm mist, it gives them a good blast poisons & essential oils don't do as nice a job as a blast of water. I was being gentle with them, no more ! Bug meet my sprayer, you need a bath! The plants seem to perk up just fine afterwards. They got heavy and droopy with all the water on them even after shaking them off. I had to tie them up or they'd have snapped some of their branches off. So far so good.

Jamie73

Jamie73

My little hand pump sprayer works pretty good a nice fine firm mist, it gives them a good blast poisons & essential oils don't do as nice a job as a blast of water. I was being gentle with them, no more ! Bug meet my sprayer, you need a bath! The plants seem to perk up just fine afterwards. They got heavy and droopy with all the water on them even after shaking them off. I had to tie them up or they'd have snapped some of their branches off. So far so good.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Unfortunately I've got to talk about septoria in the beach house this weekend :/
20200613 085742
20200613 085749

I've got a post up with a poll because I'm not 100% sure..

but I'm 99% sure and I'll post what I do here for posterity, stay tuned & see how septoria is quickly eradicated!
20200613 090951

Septoria is why I came on the cannabis internet initially about 4 years ago, I had septoria but didn't know what it was, kept thinking it was a calcium deficiency

• Course of treatment:

Unfortunately I didn't notice it until lights off check so didn't have time but in 12 and a half hours at lights on I'll be waiting with a copper fungicide spray prepared according to directions for all plants in bloom

I've already trimmed the most obviously affected leaves, I'll trim more before spray tonight all affected leaves must be trimmed, cutting leaves in half is okay

already have done a cursory inspection of veg tent & don't see any evidence;

when I water this afternoon I'll do a closer look, if I do spray veg it will likely be with a baking soda mix not copper fungicide

I don't use copper fungicide as a preventative, baking soda is adequate imo, I use copper fungicide only as a treatment

20200613 091039
Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom