= The BEST OG Kush Clone Only=

• Thread starter EveryOneSmokes
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

If you only had one OG which one would it be?

• Total voters
soserthc1

soserthc1

Question for you guys/gals... how far back can u remember that Pinesol/ lemon pledge/ og funk... my father in law was smoking on it since the early 80's but it wasnt tagged og or kush....
Interesting question suppose most would say 91-95 but curious also - When did we go from say Panama red , thai stick etc to all the variety we have now ?

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

Question for you guys/gals... how far back can u remember that Pinesol/ lemon pledge/ og funk... my father in law was smoking on it since the early 80's but it wasnt tagged og or kush....
Same here man. My dad grew up in Tampa fl in the 80s as well and remembers danky dense nugs that had amazing effects. I still wonder if that was og but didn't have the moniker

motiv303

motiv303

Amputating Fakeness
Supporter
Motiv - Is that HPK? what kind of flavors are you getting off her?
Nah @BrainCat , its Hollywood OG, not the Hollywood Pure. Tbh i only tried a small sample of it from my 1st run with it & that was like 5 months ago so ill have to let ya know after this run is finished.

Shamus

Shamus

an older relative had the same cut of NL for about 25-30 years, got it from canadian bikers thru wisconsin. anyways it was PINE, like a legit pine cone, like pine rinds. almost no weed smell at all, just hard core pine. he hates all new strains. lol.
i had a few outdoor runs with it and it was hardy as hell n yielded like a champ. i wish i still had the pics of his trees, he only let me keep the kaleidoscope filtered ones. tallest NL tree i ever saw was about 12-15 feet tall and at least 8-9+ feet around. buds like arms

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

an older relative had the same cut of NL for about 25-30 years, got it from canadian bikers thru wisconsin. anyways it was PINE, like a legit pine cone, like pine rinds. almost no weed smell at all, just hard core pine.
LOL>> dog u took me way back >> here in Cali we would get buds like that every year at Christmas time.. We always thought it was brought from Oragon or where ever the fuck the Christmas trees come from.. We thought it was hidden in the trees that's y it had major pine funk>> we called it Christmas Bud & every year we would wait 4 it 2 come.. It prolly was juss mega fire Humbouldt weed like everything els back then but we were stoners & made up r own story..

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Over here in Fresno me & my dogs puffed "stress" till the Cali Med cards saved us.. We smoked compress Mexican brick weed in the '90s...in '92 I clearly member bumpin "The Chronic" & smokin stress weed not dank >>>$40 oz or $20 1/2's is how we did it in the 90's.. I got my card some time between 99-00 I can't member & b4 that time killer bud was only called Skunk weed at $20 a gram.. I didn't see flavors till I want 2 say '99 at San Francisco clubs & even then I didn't see OG Kush I was buying >>> Blue Dot, XXX, Knock Out, romulan, TrainWreck I never seen OG till maybe a few years later.. I'd get my bud in SF & in the Bay clubs it was bout "purps" not OG>> L.A. Had the OG's but in frisco it was grandaddy purple or juss bout anything purple.. I started 2 see og Kush at the clubs early 2000 but only 1 or 2 strains.. I member going Online 2 track OG Kush strains in clubs b'cuz they were so limited. Me & my chick took the trip 2 L.A. 2 get a taste of lots of OG Kush strains>>> & damn did I see 100's of OG's

U guys in SoCal have had OG's longer then us in Fresno> I can't speak 4 NorCal but trust me doggie I hit almost every club in NorCal & there OG Kush section was always small >> u fuckers always had plenty of og Kush strains>> SoCal didn't mess 2 much with purps like the bay & the Bay didn't fuck wit OG like L.A. In the early Cali med days.. I was rite in the middle & if I wanted OG id head south or I'd head north 4 purple..

Now the bay is flooded with OG's & Cookies but it didn't start that way

Shamus

Shamus

I grew up on heirloom skunk NL n blueberry, 50 a 1/4, his OD NL is still some of the best weed ive ever smoked. frosty ass piney nugs of dank

LOL>> dog u took me way back >> here in Cali we would get buds like that every year at Christmas time..

thats prolly just cause it took a month to make its way over to cali from the mitten ;) LOL

but forreal tho he put in work. at least in my case i saw 100 plants a summer, all at least 6-8 feet 1/3 of them over 10'. hed been growin for 55 years when i was younger, unfortunately the law caught up to em. 55-60 years is a helluva good run tho.

soserthc1

soserthc1

LOL>> dog u took me way back >> here in Cali we would get buds like that every year at Christmas time.. We always thought it was brought from Oragon or where ever the fuck the Christmas trees come from.. We thought it was hidden in the trees that's y it had major pine funk>> we called it Christmas Bud & every year we would wait 4 it 2 come.. It prolly was juss mega fire Humbouldt weed like everything els back then but we were stoners & made up r own story..
Funny you say Christmas bud as i'm almost totally on the opposite side of the states from you and every year around Christmas the pine smelling or just plain better weed would filter this way around that time and we just called it Christmas bud and there way always a drought of any tree around right before it came (we would resort to driving into the ghetto to get 5$ bags before it came around) We would always think it was dry because of the November elections but actually now I know it was before Cali harvest season and had nothing to do with elections but this was back in 84 -88 and we smoked mainly seedy mexican weed until the occasional thai stick or panama red was in are reach. My buddies older brother used to come into the garage we would chill at and throw us a bag of the dankest shit we ever seen but it always had to be dried first , we would roll a joint and sit it next to a light bulb for a half hr then be in heaven. Looking back he was probably 1 of the first growers in the area and didn't dry or cure his weed but we didn't know any better ..... and he used to tell us he got it from a girl he met in Vietnam during the war

30 bucks a 1/8 and we would sell 3 grams on the corner and smoke 4 and do it over and over used to fight over the dudes that would come up to buy 3 grams .... good old days

Last edited:
EVOKE

EVOKE

Cool stories guys....:happy: i used to bump the chronic cd in 92' over and over it was the shit.... same here me and my boys smoked that damn strezzy weed... we used to have handfuls of seeds and we would toss the seeds in my neighbors back yard... my neighbor was an old ww2 vet he didnt come out of his house much so we had our garden in his backyard.... but we were knuckle heads and didnt kno about nutes and harvest times so we picked the plants before they were done and that shit gave us nasty ass head aches.... not until 95' 96 did we start to see dank buds this crazy ass older skinhead dude introduced me and my boys to purple haze we couldnt believe the taste and high... we would get soo damn high we would be pop locking cuz we couldnt control how high we were..... then in 97 that dude hooked us up with our first taste of kush.. christmas kush he called it damn is was sooo tasty like orangy pine i fell in love with that taste and smell... almost 20 yrs later and i have yet to find that taste and smell. i got my father in law to smoke after 30 of not smoking made him try the bty lol he loved it... now he hits me up for nuggs i kno one of these days hes gonna ask me for some cuts since hes about to retire.... now i got me a new smoking buddy:D

Bongo Man

Bongo Man

If I am reading correctly,Ghost made a whole lotta S1 seeds offa a "Crippy" clone,and ALL subsequent cuts are offspring from the selfed seeds.ALL are relatives,including "91 Chemdawg" if the the gene story is right?(Paki x Thai x Chem)Sour Diesel,etc...
Makes it clearer.
Right track Doc?

soserthc1

soserthc1

This is the most believable story I have come across about TK/ Triangle / White etc watch for when the realtripip dude jumps in and please don't kill the messenger as I am not saying this is true - just some info for feedback - i'm real hesitant to post this as I really don't want a shit storm but was an interesting read I thought ...https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=210054

surfguitar

surfguitar

My dad used to get weed in the 90s from a guy who worked for the lakers, $75 1/8th and it was some of the most potent stuff I've ever had the pleasure of smoking. Had that classic OG look, taste and smell. The first time I've ever heard someone call it kush(not og just kush at that time) was like 2000, my friend had this kush for 75 1/8th and it was worth every penny comared to the $40 1/8 stuff he had that was still super dank. I kinda wish I still had a connect on that because I dunno if it is nostalgia or what but that was def the dankest weed I've ever smoked.

kweezy420

kweezy420

i dont think i'll ever get over the strains in the polls. its missing the real ones and has ones 90% of people havent even tried so how can they truely vote? wheres SFV, Ghost, Brain/SA, Diablo, Poison, hells angels, fuckin Tahoe isnt even on there????

all those not in a "best og" poll make the poll kind of irrelevant IMO... but thats just my opinion....

have we even seen REAL face-off or valley OGs in this thread yet not archive crosses????

+ 1 for hells angles cut.. lordy was it dank.. havent seen that same cut/bud since 4-5 years ago

surfguitar

surfguitar

Michael Jordan cultivated his skill thru practice, if we cared about his height or skin color or face shape maybe we would care about his parents?

If people know the origins there might be potential to make new strains with similar characteristics that are unique in of them selfs

rawman

rawman

yeah but everyone is passing around some other og/oghybrid as HA nowadays.... you know when its the real deal haha
To say HA is the best or one of is all in opinion. I know the one I grew was not the real, because I compared them both at the same time. The real HA looked more classic OG smell flavor, the fake was more dieselish and different. Neither were a favorite though. I still would take ghost, and fake face off over tk and both HA's.

I'd tie sfv and tk though. They're differently obviously but both land in the same tier for me.

All in opinion

EVOKE

EVOKE

dumb question for ya'll in the past 15 years how many nute companies have emerged..... i remember 15 yrs ago i smoked the best ogs now adays they all seem different same smell but not as potent and tasty as back in the days... i think these new nute companies are some what responsible for these ogs tasting and smelling different... my boys that have been running ogs for the past 12 yrs and still use 3part GH same recipe and their ogs are dank..... ive tried dispensaries ogs and their not the same seems like their watered down... the high is ok and it doesnt last as long even the smell is faint.... im noticing the new og seeds are coimng out with a diesel smell not a pine tar pine sol smell that ive been used to.... it sucks that these dispensaries changed the fukn names on ogs to make it "exclusive" for their shops which is wack.... their must be at least 150 og names out there... different crew different name different nute regime.... just my thoughts:wideyed:.... dont hate me for posting this:bag:....

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

This is the most believable story I have come across about TK/ Triangle / White etc watch for when the realtripip dude jumps in and please don't kill the messenger as I am not saying this is true - just some info for feedback - i'm real hesitant to post this as I really don't want a shit storm but was an interesting read I thought ...https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=210054

this is the story im most familiar with. and have come to believe the most. - realtripip

i heard this story from a reputable guy who worked with thseeds in the 98-02 era. he is pretty reputable. He also told me not to share the story to its full extent, so i honor this. It was pretty much right on the dot from what realtripip said. I was also told the story of diesel, sour diesel, and how headband came into the scene. I def dig the legend that the OG Kush has brought us. from what i understand OG = Original, Kush = description for dank ass bud back in the day. and its name went so on from there.

i really dont know shit and wasnt in the orig kush scene. just what ive heard.

Top Bottom