= The BEST OG Kush Clone Only=

• Thread starter EveryOneSmokes
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

If you only had one OG which one would it be?

• Total voters
N

nightmarecreature

What really messed up my grow was when i stopped running Cal/Mag all together. I had Mag deficiencies but no Calcium deficiencies when i stopped using it. I then started using magnesium sulphate and i started getting really really slow growth because thats what too much sulphate does. After a few weeks of using epsom salts, i started getting brown spots, a calcium deficiency.

Calcium and Magnesium compete with each other but if they are balanced, there shouldnt be an issue. No two grows are a like and everyone uses different base nutes. I use RO water and Coco, my plants need the extra mag. Plants uptake Magnesium Nitrate 10X more than Magnesium Sulphate according to Haifia Group. I'm pretty much against using epsom salts as a Magnesium replacement, unless its in macro amounts or if you dont mind bright green plants that grow slow.

You can still find CalPlex but the bottles are probably expired. The CalPlex seemed to accelerate my magnesium deficiency.

GH Cal/Mag and Botanicare Cal/Mag have worked for me. Botanicare works better for me because my base (H&G Coco's) nutes are high in Calcium and low on Mag and Botanicare is a 3:1 vs GH at 5:1.

What pisses me off is that H&G uses cheap ass magnesium sulphate, when they should use Magnesium nitrate.

EveryOneSmokes

EveryOneSmokes

What really messed up my grow was when i stopped running Cal/Mag all together. I had Mag deficiencies but no Calcium deficiencies when i stopped using it. I then started using magnesium sulphate and i started getting really really slow growth because thats what too much sulphate does. After a few weeks of using epsom salts, i started getting brown spots, a calcium deficiency.

Calcium and Magnesium compete with each other but if they are balanced, there shouldnt be an issue. No two grows are a like and everyone uses different base nutes. I use RO water and Coco, my plants need the extra mag. Plants uptake Magnesium Nitrate 10X more than Magnesium Sulphate according to Haifia Group. I'm pretty much against using epsom salts as a Magnesium replacement, unless its in macro amounts or if you dont mind bright green plants that grow slow.

You can still find CalPlex but the bottles are probably expired. The CalPlex seemed to accelerate my magnesium deficiency.

GH Cal/Mag and Botanicare Cal/Mag have worked for me. Botanicare works better for me because my base (H&G Coco's) nutes are high in Calcium and low on Mag and Botanicare is a 3:1 vs GH at 5:1.

What pisses me off is that H&G uses cheap ass magnesium sulphate, when they should use Magnesium nitrate.
@nightmarecreature how is it that u prefer magnesium nitrate over magnesium sulphate, care to elaborate on this?... Are u talking veg and bloom?

Because magnesium sulphate used properly increase the availability of your nutrients, as would the latter but like I said using it properly.. This would not work to well in an already nitrogen rich formula in the efforts to increase your magnesium..

that is also the reason why I'm reluctant in using cal nit..
I run tap water with calimagic and epson salt and have not noticed slow growth on the lady's, and every now and then use potassium sulphate.. but yes I do agree over doing anything can cause issues...

@true grit Gm is wise beyond his years..

EveryOneSmokes

EveryOneSmokes

Shoot bro back at ya! Love the look of the non soil ladies, always look maxed out

Heres a couple hidden branches I found while deleafing...maybe shouldn't say it out loud cuz it shows my slacking but I'm happy when they pop up like this lol.

sfv/43

View attachment 414240 View attachment 414241
Like my girls to put that work in.. But u make that soil look so dank bro..
I like when u find a dank little surprise hiding out.. U slacking, I don't think so them lady's put out for u nicely.. Happy harvest bro, wish I could sample them gems.. :cigar:

N

nightmarecreature

@nightmarecreature how is it that u prefer magnesium nitrate over magnesium sulphate, care to elaborate on this?... Are u talking veg and bloom?

Because magnesium sulphate used properly increase the availability of your nutrients, as would the latter but like I said using it properly.. This would not work to well in an already nitrogen rich formula in the efforts to increase your magnesium..

that is also the reason why I'm reluctant in using cal nit..
I run tap water with calimagic and epson salt and have not noticed slow growth on the lady's, and every now and then use potassium sulphate.. but yes I do agree over doing anything can cause issues...

@true grit Gm is wise beyond his years..

I prefer Magnesium Nitrate over Magnesium sulphate for a few reasons.
Yes, veg and bloom. My base nutes have Magnesium sulphate already. I agree, too much nitrogen can cause problems but it works with my base nutes.

I noticed slow growth. Sulfur is needed in macro amounts. Too much sulfur and I had this symptom exactly along with a Calcium deficiency.
Magnesium sulphate contains a massive amount of Sulfur, more than half.

Over abundance of Sulfur.
"Leaf size will be reduced and overall growth will be stunted. Leaves yellowing or scorched at edges. Excess may cause early senescence (old age)"

The Nitrate combined with magnesium facilitates uptake better than Mg sulphate because the nitrate is an anion.

Magnesium Nitrate is 10x more soluble than Magnesium sulphate according to Haifa Group.

Magnesium Nitrate can be used with poor water. Magnesium sulphate can precipitate in hard water.

I can buy Mag Nitrate for nearly the same price as Mg Sulphate.

As you see the advantages of Mg Nitrate are uncanny. I believe if you're using pure epsom salts, you're using too much sulfur. I'm not saying it doesn't work. What I'm saying is that a ratio of 3:1 or 4:1 Calcium Nitrate and Magnesium Nitrate works for me. I also believe that if you use tap water, you probably dont need extra Cal/ Mag at all.

Last edited:
EveryOneSmokes

EveryOneSmokes

I prefer Magnesium Nitrate over Magnesium sulphate for a few reasons.
Yes, veg and bloom. My base nutes have Magnesium sulphate already. I agree, too much nitrogen can cause problems but it works with my base nutes.

I noticed slow growth. Sulfur is needed in macro amounts. Too much sulfur and I had this symptom exactly along with a Calcium deficiency.
Magnesium sulphate contains a massive amount of Sulfur, more than half.

Over abundance of Sulfur.
"Leaf size will be reduced and overall growth will be stunted. Leaves yellowing or scorched at edges. Excess may cause early senescence (old age)"

The Nitrate combined with magnesium facilitates uptake better than Mg sulphate because the nitrate is an anion.

Magnesium Nitrate is 10x more soluble than Magnesium sulphate according to Haifa Group.

Magnesium Nitrate can be used with poor water. Magnesium sulphate can precipitate in hard water.

I can buy Mag Nitrate for nearly the same price as Mg Sulphate.

As you see the advantages of Mg Nitrate are uncanny. I believe if you're using pure epsom salts, you're using too much sulfur. I'm not saying it doesn't work. What I'm saying is that a ratio of 3:1 or 4:1 Calcium Nitrate and Magnesium Nitrate works for me. I also believe that if you use tap water, you probably dont need extra Cal/ Mag at all.

Sounds like ur base needs a nitrogen boost which is probably the only reason why mag nitrate and calnit work for u..

U should possibly have a disclaimer or give a breakdown of your nutrient, stating ur reasoning, to much information can be perceived as gospel ...

With mag nitrate being 10%/n - 9%/mg and cal nit being 15% /n - 18/Ca your talking about mixing both together, this would allow for a good amount of nitrogen which may not work with many bases.. Especially a well rounded bloom formula..

Running Ca/mg at a 2:1 ratios works great I'm sure 3:1 will do just the same..

And as far as the tap water goes, every tap water is different so what works for u might be different for someone else... I've done plenty of grows with and without camg, and the ones with always produce greater yields..

And since were quoting about the nutrients let me do the same...

Nitrogen Toxicity

Leaves are often dark green and in the early stages abundant with foliage. If excess is severe, leaves will dry and begin to fall off. Root system will remain under developed or deteriorate after time. Fruit and flower set will be inhibited or deformed.

With breakdown of vascular tissue restricting water uptake. Stress resistance is drastically diminished.

Sulphur (S)
Sulfate is involved in protein synthesis and is part of the amino acids, cystine and thiamine, which are the building blocks of proteins. It is active in the structure and metabolism in the plant. It is essential for respiration and the synthesis and breakdown of fatty acids.

Also sulphur does one better not described in that above description, but Ill leave that for another day...

Good luck with ur mixing cause getting things right is key when u start playing with ratios... Understanding nutrient profiles is the most valuable thing I could offer as advice... Labels aren't always correct on application..

true grit

true grit

Yeah I run epsom salts in my soil mixes still and would use them watered into coco at low amounts strictly for the sulfur boost. Didn't need the mag but even at low app rates the sulfur always helped.

@EOS- Right GM wise for sure. Know how much headache (and money for that matter) he saved me over the years dropping calmag for calplex? Shit was nice only having to use it at 5ml/g even with RO. Between him and Obs they've cut out a lotta guess work in my garden! lol. Now if i would just listened to GM and been running buncha OG cuts per bed already!

Frostynugman

Frostynugman

Is there any nutrient lines you dont need to use epsom salt in? what arew the benefits of using it?

"Stinky Pinky" O.G. Some of them shot up past the scrog I decide to run un-topped under one light and they went crazy! Super lanky and strechy. Super sticky.
Around day 40 or so. Coming in real Frosty. Loud Fuel stink. Kush on the back end.
Back to the basics.
IMG 0878
IMG 0900
IMG 0883
IMG 0893
IMG 0911
IMG 0927
IMG 0915

soserthc1

soserthc1

@true grit or anyone with eView attachment 415344 xperience running Tahoe (i'm in soil - promix / perlite ) i'm about to run her for my first time been feeding botanicare cal-mag 10ml per gal and a dash of Epsom salt every 3 days or so and all appears healthy any feeding suggestions from the og guru's would be appreciated - here she is day 30 of veg just transplanted into a 5 gal lowes bucket yesterday
IMG 0012

Venom818

Venom818

Beastie homie! Lemme sample that HB! :D Those in coco?

thnx g ,whenever you want bro .you ever in so.cal will sesh hard ,yup 1st run in coco beds I feel like the pots were more dialed in but it is my first run so will see .

Wow..on that swoll.. Great job bro.. How was that double trellis, did I posse more issues on chop? Lol

thnx homie,not that much of an issue had the homie helping .

symbiote420

symbiote420

I get my water from the tap, our riverbanks are super loaded with limestone so hard water for everybody without an RO unit ....that's fine by me and I try not to screw around with my Ca and Mg ratios too much so I usually wait for either some purple streaks on the stalks/petioles to add a little mag or if I get this look on my newer leaves that's hard for me to describe but I know what's happening and what to do about it!

Nitrogen does get a bad rep during flower for some odd reason but the only real problem I've ever noticed from it is the buds density gets compromised a bit and the plants are greener at harvest! Go easy on the epsom salts, it will fry your ladies if you use too much and cut off K and Ca intake!

soserthc1

soserthc1

I get my water from the tap, our riverbanks are super loaded with limestone so hard water for everybody without an RO unit ....that's fine by me and I try not to screw around with my Ca and Mg ratios too much so I usually wait for either some purple streaks on the stalks/petioles to add a little mag or if I get this look on my newer leaves that's hard for me to describe but I know what's happening and what to do about it!

Nitrogen does get a bad rep during flower for some odd reason but the only real problem I've ever noticed from it is the buds density gets compromised a bit and the plants are greener at harvest! Go easy on the epsom salts, it will fry your ladies if you use too much and cut off K and Ca intake!
yeah never really used epsom salt in my feeding regime but never really had any true og 's running until i was bestowed tahoe , and skywalker and the skywalker was the only plant in there that looked unhealthy. Did some asking around and reading and was lead to use epsom for her, turns out I was slacking and bugs got me so i tore down and rebuilt and only kept tahoe , sky and gsc - thinking i'm just gonna eliminate the epsom as there really is no need i'm thinking ?

Top Bottom