= The BEST OG Kush Clone Only=

• Thread starter EveryOneSmokes
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

If you only had one OG which one would it be?

• Total voters
ElManiaco

ElManiaco

This one...

Frostynugman

Frostynugman

Thanks, hell I'm in the same boat but, what the hell, all stages if og is good for me.. Lol..

Just chopped some ghost, sfv, tk, and UnVerified og.. Going to be a fun couple weeks with the turn around, cloning, and trimming .. Oooh my, lol...
Damn man I bet that shit is off the charts. You have a method down pretty pat. One to take notes for the books no doubt

pussOGbrah

pussOGbrah

hey EOS, or anyone else, do you guys ever get the tiny brown seed fleck things in your og nugs? Flea sized brown seed husks. You can see them after you grind up herb for a joint. I have gotten these things in every batch for years now, even with completley different strains, environment,room, nute brand/routine, etc.. the only constant for me is using coco as a medium.

I notice i also get the white full sized phantom seeds or whatever too,.even in a super fire run. About one per quarter zip or eigth. It's Just a white shell. But i get noticebly more of them if the batch is stressed for some reason..

ANyone know what causes either of these issues? I can't figure it out. o_O

Frostynugman

Frostynugman

hey EOS, or anyone else, do you guys ever get the tiny brown seed fleck things in your og nugs? Flea sized brown seed husks. You can see them after you grind up herb for a joint. I have gotten these things in every batch for years now, even with completley different strains, environment,room, nute brand/routine, etc.. the only constant for me is using coco as a medium.

I notice i also get the white full sized phantom seeds or whatever too,.even in a super fire run. About one per quarter zip or eigth. It's Just a white shell. But i get noticebly more of them if the batch is stressed for some reason..

Light issue?

pussOGbrah

pussOGbrah

Light issue?
no I really doubt it. 1000w's 12hr cycles no light leaks…

Im just wondering if this is normal for people or what…im out of the loop though lately i only smoke my homegrown og i need to go buy some good dispo og and see if it has the same stuff,

UNITEDGROOVES

UNITEDGROOVES

@pussOGbrah
I've been seeing this on OGs for quite some time.. But the more dialed it is the less shell/embryos you see.. I've had rounds where it had just a few and hard to find in the batch, Other not so dialed runs will have much more.. Also the longer its taken 70+ days the more popping sound you get puffin when packing whole nugs. Also some cuts will throw less premature seeds then others.

Most OGs I come across on the streets/stores will have this even super nice batches..... Funny most people don't notice it, I've pointed this out to quite a few folks and not many had an answer and just deal with it.

Not sure how legit this is but an old-timer from up north says its just genetics and has a lot to do with the OGs coming from S1's/feminized stock.. He sent some samples to the lab and they were able to spot microscopic embryos forming in most fem lines... IME, This happens without any pollen sacks present, at least none that i can find... ... Weird shit indeed.

M

mrtokez2

@pussOGbrah
I've been seeing this on OGs for quite some time.. But the more dialed it is the less shell/embryos you see.. I've had rounds where it had just a few and hard to find in the batch, Other not so dialed runs will have much more.. Also the longer its taken 70+ days the more popping sound you get puffin when packing whole nugs. Also some cuts will throw less premature seeds then others.

Most OGs I come across on the streets/stores will have this even super nice batches..... Funny most people don't notice it, I've pointed this out to quite a few folks and not many had an answer and just deal with it.

Not sure how legit this is but an old-timer from up north says its just genetics and has a lot to do with the OGs coming from S1's/feminized stock.. He sent some samples to the lab and they were able to spot microscopic embryos forming in most fem lines... IME, This happens without any pollen sacks present, at least none that i can find... ... Weird shit indeed.

+1 but seems more randomized for me.

M

mrtokez2

Yup I get white seeds sometimes too.

zeke

zeke

I'd say they are fertilized ovules. Google ovule and I believe ye shall concur. Lots o' tasty herb throws out stamina(plural form of stamen) late in development. All the chems, sour diesel included. Lots of growers have plants in varying degrees of maturation inhabiting the same environment. if say half the grow is already two weeks into flower and the other half then put in. Breaks up the trim load, right? But I think those early finishers are just barely pollinating the late finishers and the result is the occasional malformed seed and loads of little brown ovules ....

Frostynugman

Frostynugman

no I really doubt it. 1000w's 12hr cycles no light leaks…

Im just wondering if this is normal for people or what…im out of the loop though lately i only smoke my homegrown og i need to go buy some good dispo og and see if it has the same stuff,
When the room is dialed you shouldn't get that. Consistency in a room is hard to find that being said though. I usually get either full seeds or nothing at all. Try turning down the nutes

pussOGbrah

pussOGbrah

When the room is dialed you shouldn't get that. Consistency in a room is hard to find that being said though. I usually get either full seeds or nothing at all. Try turning down the nutes

I hear you bro...and it sounds douchey to say but my rooms are fuckin tits..i have ahard time believing its my enviro. i used to run this same cut in a sealed room c02 run low (700ppm and high 1300ppm) temps never over 80 never under 75, rh on point...then a switched to a complete new setup no sealed rooms just fresh air at night, same cut, same issues...i have run higher nute strengths on past runs, but havent hit over 6ml per gal canna substra base in the last year, ppms always less than 8-900 ppm @.7 conv..

my og comes out super loud and even the best batches have this (random white shell seeds and super tiny seed flecks). what really bugs me the most is the little seed flecklings i notice in ground up weed im about to twist up/. I only get the white shells with og cuts, but the mini seed flecks have occured in most strains i have run.o_O

>One thing i will say is usually pull my og late cuz im kinda lazy..so i usually crop around day 70-74... maybe im just letting my cut run too long..I also pulled samples early before around day 60 and didnt really notice the little seed things issue, but if i chop that early then i lose that important swell ogs do in that last week..

i hope im not pissing anyone off or derailing the thread..im just a og growing perfectionist and figured you guys in this thread are too, so u might have dealt with an issue like this..

pussOGbrah

pussOGbrah

@pussOGbrah

Thansk for the input bud. I think maybe i am taking it too long, will try taking some a lil earlier this round.

Like u say, no pollen sacks present. I've been growing this cut for ~ 3 years and have never seen a single nanner or anything to make me suspect hermies or pollination, nothing.

EveryOneSmokes

EveryOneSmokes

Thansk for the input bud. I think maybe i am taking it too long, will try taking some a lil earlier this round.

Like u say, no pollen sacks present. I've been growing this cut for ~ 3 years and have never seen a single nanner or anything to make me suspect hermies or pollination, nothing.
IME og plants taken late in stage I'm talking around 70-70+ days will in order for self preservation produce seeds, or in other words some S1s.. The white seeds u are finding are pre mature seeds that weren't able to form in time, or sterile seeds that would've never formed.. The flecks are also along the same lines..

Plants that are stressed or lockout will also produce seeded flowers sooner than later in stage..

Latest posts

Top Bottom